Is the ANY point to Armtech at level 50?

syphonicsniper

I see that most, if not all, of the other crew skills yield so weapon that is on par or better than what is found in raids/hardmodes. Unfortunately, it seems that Armstech was severely neglected and has absolutely nothing worth the work to actually obtain it, as seen with the barrels and guns which are worse than what is found in said PvE encounters. Is there going to be any attempt to make this skill worthwhile soon, or do I have to live with having leveled a worthless crew skill for the next X amount of months until BioWare gets around to fixing it?

http://i43.tinypic.com/dy61wx.jpg

Yeah absolutely no profit in me making armor.. none whatsoever.

That's the thing though, all of the crafted goods are completely worthless, for Armstech at least, I haven't done Armorsmech so I can't say anything about that. No one wants to buy gear that is absolutely pointless to own.

Is there ANY point to Armstech at level 50?

Only for making companion weapons. I.e. there seems to exist no customizable Techstaffs, so crafted (epic with augment) Techstaffs are the best you can have. Also Vibroknives are best crafted, even though they can't be RE'd at the moment.

Rest is useless because every class gets customizable weapons during their class quest, which any sane person would stick to.

Armstech is useless. The only thing worthwhile they can sell is barrels. Even then only 50% of the classes use them. Add to that the fact you can easily get a better barrel early on Ilum, there is simply no point to take Armstech.

Artifice can make colour crystals and enhancements, things used by everyone. And Cybertech. Well what can't they make.

Why Armstech doesn't make grenades and weapons for starships is beyond me.

I level Armstech to 400, and was the biggest mistake.

I leveld armstech to 400 and never ever saw an armstech drop in Flashpoints. The weapon i can build are level 49 O.o never get better ones. These weapon need 3 pieces of instance drops to build it.

Armstech is not worth the time and money.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.