Merchants: Working as Intended?

CharagonIGN

It always amuses me when people say "Working as intended" or "Pay More Attention" when somebody talks about accidentally purchasing something from a vendor.

Have you people ever shopped in real life?

If you nudged a can of soup at the grocery store and it fell in your shopping cart, do you just shrug and say "Oh well, I guess I have to buy that soup now."

In buying something online, have you ever purchased ANYTHING that didn't included a confirmation window?

When you go car shopping, have you ever accidentally purchased a vehicle when you were just trying to get a better look at it?

No. Of course not. So why would you expect less in a video game?

Fanboys can't even tolerate mild criticism of the game systems. Suggesting a vendor buy-back feature implies the game is deficient in some way, and conceding that point is untenable. So you get the "working as intended" or "pay more attention next time, it's fine" responses.

It always amuses me when people say "Working as intended" or "Pay More Attention" when somebody talks about accidentally purchasing something from a vendor.

Have you people ever shopped in real life?

If you nudged a can of soup at the grocery store and it fell in your shopping cart, do you just shrug and say "Oh well, I guess I have to buy that soup now."

In buying something online, have you ever purchased ANYTHING that didn't included a confirmation window?

When you go car shopping, have you ever accidentally purchased a vehicle when you were just trying to get a better look at it?

No. Of course not. So why would you expect less in a video game?

Real World =/= Game World

I haven't assulted any enemy fortress with a Lightsaber either, I don't complain that I do in game.

I've nevr played an MMO where if you bought something by mistake that there was a forgiveness factor for it. Stop asking for hand holding and pay more attention to what you are doing.

I have. World of Warcraft gives you an hour to return the item for a full refund. But that's it.

And assuming you didn't trade it to anyone else in that time...unless they removed that restriction on returns.

I'm not sure. Generally if I buy, say, BoE valor bracers for someone else, they generally go on the AH until they sell. Trading them and then returning them isn't something I've ever tried.

I don't know about you but when a can of soup falls in to my buggy at the grocery store i absolutely feel compelled to buy it. It's destiny or something

I'm the same way. It's like I can hear that little can of soup screaming out "Buy me! Buy me!"

I don't have the heart to tell it no :(

I do agree that they should add a vendor buy-back option that's good until you close the vendor window. What bothers me is when people make a mistake and buy something they didn't want, then submit a ticket asking for the item to be replaced or swapped for something else. Yes, it would be nice to have a forgiveness factor built in, but stop wasting people's time and clogging up the ticketing system because of your mistakes.

I don't know about you but when a can of soup falls in to my buggy at the grocery store i absolutely feel compelled to buy it. It's destiny or something

The last can of soup that dropped in my cart while at the market gave me some horrendous gas.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.