Is it possible to download with...

ResolutionWoT

Hmm I get this a little different.

1.42*60*60=5112 5gb

so that works out at 5 hours but am I missing something

You're confusing Mbps (megabits per second) with megabytes per second.

The game is approx 25 000 megabytes download.

I suggest you go buy a hard copy.

Still lost at home I have a 10mbps connection I get 1mbps speed from this ad download so I get

1*60*60 = 3600 so thats 3.6gb

25000/3600 = 6.94

almost 7 hours and it took me about 8 hours give or take to download when I did

so should his not be the same?

Regrettably my question was not hypothetical I bought the online copy already T.T.

Still considering my current download speed is at 37kbps (something is terribly terribly wrong) I'm considering buying a hard copy real seriously.

Edited by ResolutionWoT

would that I had a friend with faster internet than me, a decent thought though. Anyways I have a new question.....can I download during maintenance? Or would that screw it up?

PS: I made it past the main assets all the way into english assets :D

Yes. The download servers are up all the way through maintenance.

Still lost at home I have a 10mbps connection I get 1mbps speed from this ad download so I get

1*60*60 = 3600 so thats 3.6gb

25000/3600 = 6.94

almost 7 hours and it took me about 8 hours give or take to download when I did

so should his not be the same?

Again, you're confusing megabit per second (Mbps) and Megabyte per second (MB/s)

Your ten megabit per second connection was giving you 1 Megabyte per second

On my 60Mbps FTTN internet line, I'm getting 30Mbps on the wifi.

My download was at approx 3MB/s, and it took me about 2-3h.

This is proportional to your 10Mbps giving you 1MB/s and taking 8h.

In the OP's example, he said he has 1.42Mbps, not 1.42MB/s.

I am currently on some horrid DSL (~1.32Mbps according to speedtest.net) and downloading took about 3 days. My only issue was that I was downloading right after launch and a few of the assets ended up having issues towards the end of a download, thus the 3 days. It generally takes me about 9-15 hours to download a full DVD worth of data, depending on how the planets want to align. Thank the force for my cable being installed this week.

Regrettably my question was not hypothetical I bought the online copy already T.T.

Still considering my current download speed is at 37kbps (something is terribly terribly wrong) I'm considering buying a hard copy real seriously.

If you know anyone else with the game, you can just copy the entire game directory to an external device and then copy it to your machine. There are no registry settings. Everything is pretty much self contained. BTW I recommend you make a copy when you get it up and running. If your computer crashes and you need to reinstall, you don't want to do another massive download.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.