Rolled on a new server...it is like a different game

ChasteDaley

I created a new character on Crucible Pits. There are so many people everywhere. It is like playing a completely different game.

My server population must have been extremely low.

There is something energizing having people around you, having WZs pop regularly, having the opportunity to make friends and group up.

I was ready to walk away from SWTOR and today I had a blast. I would highly recommend to Bioware to look at server populations and recommend to anyone feeling stagnant to try a different server if you are willing.

I think the low pop issues are pretty much limited to but a handful of expansion servers BW uncorked when people were complaining about queue problems. Was an unnecessary kneejerk reaction on their part. They should have stuck to populating the servers they originally had and exercised patience while their IT guys did what they've already done. Chalk one up for hindsight being 20/20.

Glad you're feeling the love OP. Hopefully a limited consolidation happens, but only after voluntary character transfers between servers is allowed. Were they to start that program tomorrow, this problem would fix itself within a month. The abandoned servers could then be used for redundant failovers, so there'd be no waste.

Edited by GalacticKegger

Maybe I should reroll, but I already have a level 34. I kinda wanna finish it.

Someone was complaining how at the fleet, 50 people is low.

Well, my republic fleet population is constantly at 18-19. Coruscant is 15-18. Tatooine is 9-15. Alderaan is a bit better, around 25 people on average.

I can never find any group for FP because I have to shout between fleet, Nar Shadaa and tatooine when i was level 25.

At fleet, out of 18 people, there's only 2 around my level range. And I'm talking every night, every weekend night, every weekday night and day.

I'm on a niche server (the only english speaking RP PvP server in Europe) so there are always plenty of people, especially in the fleet which is packed with crowds and this is Republic side. I'd hate to see what the Imp fleet is like, my crap comp would probably refuse to run it. Edited by SkilledSeeker

yep i sense some free transfers in our future (hopefully sooner than later). i know on my server its still pretty populated but i made the mistake of rolling a Republic character so while the Imp side has plenty of people on their shards, the republic side always sucks. I am slowly leveling patiently waiting for some server transfers or mergers ( i am just to lazy to re-roll and have become attached to my characters) as they get rid of some of the unneeded servers. the faction imbalance can really make a regular or heavy pop server seem pretty empty though i thought my server was dead then i rolled a sith just to see if the imp side was any better and they had at 150+ on every shard i went too.

I started out on Nathema on the 23rd of Dec because I didn't want to wait in a 3hr queue to play the game I had just spent 12 hours downloading (twice).

Last weekend I decided to switch over to Mind Trick. Now I do all the heroics, am part of a guild full of great people, and everything I put on the GTN is gone by the time I log out at the end of the night.

I will miss my 42 Imperial Agent, but FemShep's soothing voice makes it all okay.

Mind Trick <3

I created a new character on Crucible Pits. There are so many people everywhere. It is like playing a completely different game.

My server population must have been extremely low.

There is something energizing having people around you, having WZs pop regularly, having the opportunity to make friends and group up.

I was ready to walk away from SWTOR and today I had a blast. I would highly recommend to Bioware to look at server populations and recommend to anyone feeling stagnant to try a different server if you are willing.

Yeah. I feel the same way. *lights some candles* It's so energizing. I feel like a diffrent person now, after rerolling on a high pop. I even became more successful in RL. Magic!

The same can be said about any MMO, honestly.

Population is an issue right now. Too many people spread too thin across too many servers.

Wow has had this problem for a while now, there are some servers that are like ghost towns. (hence cross lfg) When i left the game quiet a few servers were very very low, i would hate to think how bad they are now. A friend told me that they are doing cross LFR the next update so yeah it affects all mmo's.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.