Hey guys, check out the server status page.

Dillingor

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

my server is standard, and always over 150 people iln fleet, and over 100 just about anywhere else I go.

And on the Republic side of your very own server there are less 85 in our fleet and not one single planet has 100. The highest has 88 and the next 65 then 20-40s for the rest. Just did a who to confirm.

then be prepared to be impressed.

Grand Master Zhyn is standard at 8:12 PM on a Sunday with 143 Republics in the fleet and 32 repubs on Ilum. Oh and thats an east coast PVE server

You might be one of those unlucky people stuck on one of the 6 light servers and that does suck for you but that is not the norm.

edit: I take that back Tonight there are 0 LIGHT servers.

All servers are Standard or Higher.

Population as a whole has stabalized. Now I am sure there will be another dip in feburary but it will probalby go up a bit in March when 1.2 comes out and we hear what is in 1.3

As was mentioned so many times before (even in this very thread), the "light, standard, heavy, full" notions are completely irrelevant as they can be changed on a whim by Bioware. If the game engine can't handle so many people they could very well have full be represented by 5 people in each zone...

The population is likely just dipping now. As you said it might go up with the next patch, but only if the next patch strives to make this game more of an MMO, not more single player elements.

then be prepared to be impressed.

Grand Master Zhyn is standard at 8:12 PM on a Sunday with 143 Republics in the fleet and 32 repubs on Ilum. Oh and thats an east coast PVE server

You might be one of those unlucky people stuck on one of the 6 light servers and that does suck for you but that is not the norm.

edit: I take that back Tonight there are 0 LIGHT servers.

All servers are Standard or Higher.

Population as a whole has stabalized. Now I am sure there will be another dip in feburary but it will probalby go up a bit in March when 1.2 comes out and we hear what is in 1.3

Well you know the server is popping on EH when there are crowds of thirty plus people standing around all the quest givers on Taris....frigging Taris I could hardly believe my eyes,

Yeah it's killing you that the game is growing ...isn't it?

Sorry, my elementary math tells me that if there are less servers showing heavy/full than last week with more showing standard, that is not growth. For those who like to guess before making ignorant assumptions, I re-subbed for 1 more month to finish my single player story lines.

So the free month is over, and the servers are actually more populated this sunday than they were last sunday. In fact I've been watching them every day, especially sundays which is typically the busiest day. Apart from the drop-off at the free month cutoff, they are still filling out nicely.

What happened to this game dying and failing etc. etc.

oh right. Not happening.

http://www.torstatus.net/shards/us

We're actually down from the 22nd. Stop making stuff up.

The two dips on the 20th and 1st are from server caps being raised. After that you can see a slow but steady drop in players. This is bad. It's not a catastrophic situation, but it's definitely going in the wrong direction.

Sorry, my elementary math tells me that if there are less servers showing heavy/full than last week with more showing standard, that is not growth. For those who like to guess before making ignorant assumptions, I re-subbed for 1 more month to finish my single player story lines.

This.

Edited by BadgeredMushroom

For those who like to guess before making ignorant assumptions, I re-subbed for 1 more month to finish my single player story lines.

That is my biggest concern about the future of the game. I didn't expect everyone to quit en masse on January 20, but I have a hard time thinking a lot of the people who are into the story aspect of the game will continue to subscribe once they complete them around the 2-4 month mark.

Server status pages like the SWTOR one can be easily mannipulated to show it to be more successful than it really is for financial reasons. When I see actual numbers instead of Light/Standard/Heavy i'll believe it.

Don't be so gulible ;)

Considering they can change what constitutes light/medium/heavy/etc at will, I take what those say (in any game, not just this one) with a whole bucket of salt. Until MMOs start showing actual server population numbers those status pages are useless for anything but relative population.

Of course I know, no MMO will ever give actual numbers again.

So the free month is over, and the servers are actually more populated this sunday than they were last sunday. In fact I've been watching them every day, especially sundays which is typically the busiest day. Apart from the drop-off at the free month cutoff, they are still filling out nicely.

What happened to this game dying and failing etc. etc.

oh right. Not happening.

Less than half the servers in NA have hit heavy today.

Contrast that to last week when it was about 60% at this time and almost 75% at peak. Where do these delusional posts come from?

Edited by Mannic

Considering they can change what constitutes light/medium/heavy/etc at will, I take what those say (in any game, not just this one) with a whole bucket of salt. Until MMOs start showing actual server population numbers those status pages are useless for anything but relative population.

Of course I know, no MMO will ever give actual numbers again.

A whole bucket of salt would actually be worth something. :p

Yeah it's killing you that the game is growing ...isn't it?

You spend a lot of time living inside your imagination, don't you. Like if you keep saying it enough it will actually become reality, despite the evidence to the contrary?

Oh, you are one of those "This isn't an MMO" ppl?

lol

I guess the only way you know how to group is to have a tool instantly port you to a place that has other players waiting for you?

:rolleyes:

beer is good.

You spend a lot of time living inside your imagination, don't you. Like if you keep saying it enough it will actually become reality, despite the evidence to the contrary?

Not nearly as much time as you spend making negative comments on these forums month after month...:rolleyes:

And you are still coming here to white knight rather than playing the game.

^ This

Always makes me laugh when people say the game is great, but they're on the forums. Of course some of these people are at work, but I doubt ALL of them are.

No I play the game quite a bit...but I actually bought the game to play...not to bash it on the forums.

White Knight? Oh yeah that is what the oldsters from 4chan say...

:rolleyes:

You should show more respect to the head of the Bioware Defense Force.

At times I wonder if Jett is some @Bioware's unflagged alt account.

Crap...now I sound like them...accusing all the naysayers of being Blizzard plants.

Truth. I actually enjoy the game despite it's many faults, key of which for me atm is on almost all the servers the game ends at 50 as there's no where near enough people for pvp let alone ops and groups.

Bioware Defense Force

I can see a guild popping up on each server with that name now, WTG!

Quick, the servers are showing Medium! Move the slider so the page shows them to be Heavy!

Edited by Niblix

Truth. I actually enjoy the game despite it's many faults, key of which for me atm is on almost all the servers the game ends at 50 as there's no where near enough people for pvp let alone ops and groups.

I don't think you have enough hyperbole in your post.