Hey guys, check out the server status page.

Dillingor

So the free month is over, and the servers are actually more populated this sunday than they were last sunday. In fact I've been watching them every day, especially sundays which is typically the busiest day. Apart from the drop-off at the free month cutoff, they are still filling out nicely.

What happened to this game dying and failing etc. etc.

oh right. Not happening.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you for such a rewarding and interesting post, and not at all useless or annoying sounding at all. Keep up the good work.

I've seen a bunch of concerned posts of people wondering if a game they enjoy is dying, and this is reinstating the fact that it's not.

I'm sorry if I offended you, you may return to being bitter and alone.

Thank you for such a rewarding and interesting post, and not at all useless or annoying sounding at all. Keep up the good work.

Such a toxic community. *shrug*

Glad to hear it. Thanks for the info. Anyone that says the game is doomed to fail is completely oblivious.

Such a toxic community. *shrug*

Glad to hear it. Thanks for the info. Anyone that says the game is doomed to fail is completely oblivious.

Indeed! This is the point I was making. If anyone comes in and says "oh neat, glad to hear it" then this post has done its job, even if its one person. Ridiculous haters be damned.

I'd be impressed if standard meant more then 15 people on the fleet and 5~ on ilum at peak time.

Don't take the server page as any indicator folks.

Well, since I'm on mind trick and it's very heavy right now, with 300~ people on the fleet and hundreds on almost every planet except some of the highest, I think you can take the server page as a very good indicator.

That's nice and all.

Still, why does my server have an average of 25 people per zone in this "peak time" with the republic fleet being less than a 100?

Why have I been looking for a group for Heroic for the past hour with no success? Forget doing Cademinu.

But yeah sure everything is great.

Nobody here WANTS the game to fail. We all bought it if we are able to post here. Me, I bought a box AND a 6 month subscription before cancelling this morning. Hopefully they make a lot of improvements to the game and I and many other feel the desire to come back, but pretending everything is great with the game isn't helpful.

This game, as it is today, can not survive long term as a subscription based game in my opinion.

Nope, the sky is in fact, not falling.People are the same on every forum.Claiming things are broken, things are dead, the game is boring, imbalanced....blah blah blah. It will never change. Happens to every game.

Just left click their name in blue, under their little picture, click on statistics then look at every post they have made. You will see patterns.

Edited by Derfmiolleh

That's nice and all.

Still, why does my server have an average of 25 people per zone in this "peak time" with the republic fleet being less than a 100?

Why have I been looking for a group for Heroic for the past hour with no success? Forget doing Cademinu.

But yeah sure everything is great.

You answered your own question when you said "republic fleet"

I wont dispute there is a severe faction imbalance in this game, which needs to be addressed, but the numbers are there for total population and subscriber base, which is my point. I'm sorry to hear your likely standard/heavy server is imp heavy, but there are some more balanced servers if it's bad enough to make you want to stop playing. Try The Harbinger for a positive republic experience. Hell even mind trick, though it's imp dominated, there are certainly more than 100 on the republic fleet right now.

Nobody here WANTS the game to fail. We all bought it if we are able to post here. Me, I bought a box AND a 6 month subscription before cancelling this morning. Hopefully they make a lot of improvements to the game and I and many other feel the desire to come back, but pretending everything is great with the game isn't helpful.

This game, as it is today, can not survive long term as a subscription based game in my opinion.

I'm actually with you. As stands the game isn't in great shape.

BUT

The foundation is there. MMOs aren't stagnant, they continually grow and improve.

I look forward to watching SWTOR mature.

We just have to keep letting the devs know what's what and they will keep improving.

Good times ahead.

I'd be impressed if standard meant more then 15 people on the fleet and 5~ on ilum at peak time.

my server is standard, and always over 150 people iln fleet, and over 100 just about anywhere else I go.

You answered your own question when you said "republic fleet"

I wont dispute there is a severe faction imbalance in this game, which needs to be addressed, but the numbers are there for total population and subscriber base, which is my point. I'm sorry to hear your likely standard/heavy server is imp heavy, but there are some more balanced servers if it's bad enough to make you want to stop playing. Try The Harbinger for a positive republic experience. Hell even mind trick, though it's imp dominated, there are certainly more than 100 on the republic fleet right now.

Oh empire isn't much better believe me. Grouping is poorly implementing in this game and is the root of the problem. But the population is not fine either, they made a mistake opening so many servers, but now they can't close some down and merge them, because that would look terrible.

They are also awfully quiet about subscriber numbers even though they clearly weren't at release.

I've seen a bunch of concerned posts of people wondering if a game they enjoy is dying, and this is reinstating the fact that it's not.

I'm sorry if I offended you, you may return to being bitter and alone.

The true state of the game will be known in May 2012 when the EA Conference call for earning and losses for January, February, and March 2012 (the first 3 months of launch) will be released.

Then again in August 2012, which will cover April, May, and June 2012 (the second three months of launch).

Until then, and the actual numbers are revealed by EA, those claiming the game is healthy or dying based on some "Light, Standard, Heavy, Very Heavy, Full" server status page serves absolutely no purpose from either camp. BioWare/EA can adjust server loads as they want, so that Standard becomes Heavy, Light becomes Standard, and so forth. Just as they adjusted them at launch so that Full became Very Heavy, Very heavy became Heavy, and so forth.

And they can do so without telling anyone.

I don't know how SWTOR is doing anymore than the OP, the fanboys, or the haters. But I will know how it is fairing come May 2012 and August 2012. EA's numbers, and only EA's numbers, are what matters.

Oh empire isn't much better believe me. Grouping is poorly implementing in this game and is the root of the problem. But the population is not fine either, they made a mistake opening so many servers, but now they can't close some down and merge them, because that would look terrible.

They are also awfully quiet about subscriber numbers even though they clearly weren't at release.

Well what did you expect when in the free-beta the servers had 24 hour+ wait times to get in? I think just shutting down a few servers, or the number of shards would fix everyones problem with grouping.

then be prepared to be impressed.

Grand Master Zhyn is standard at 8:12 PM on a Sunday with 143 Republics in the fleet and 32 repubs on Ilum. Oh and thats an east coast PVE server

You might be one of those unlucky people stuck on one of the 6 light servers and that does suck for you but that is not the norm.

edit: I take that back Tonight there are 0 LIGHT servers.

All servers are Standard or Higher.

Population as a whole has stabalized. Now I am sure there will be another dip in feburary but it will probalby go up a bit in March when 1.2 comes out and we hear what is in 1.3

Edited by jarjarloves