Speeders. The most immersion breaking thing in the game.

emptycoat

Funny the biggest problem I have is with the STAP style speeders. No seat. I these things are supposed to be zipping around at multiple hundreds of miles per hour, wouldn't you get tired of hanging on to the thing pretty quickly? This is of course assuming there's something holding your feet onto the pedals to prevent you from flying horizontal behind the thing.

Imagine standing on the rear bumper of an SUV hanging onto a bikerack. How many freeway miles are you hanging onto the thing? And please, don't pull a Knoxville and try it... I said imagine.

Edited by FunkyOne

Funny the biggest problem I have is with the STAP style speeders. No seat. I these things are supposed to be zipping around at multiple hundreds of miles per hour, wouldn't you get tired of hanging on to the thing pretty quickly? This is of course assuming there's something holding your feet onto the pedals to prevent you from flying horizontal behind the thing.

Imagine standing on the rear bumper of an SUV hanging onto a bikerack. How many freeway miles are you hanging onto the thing? And please, don't pull a Knoxville and try it... I said imagine.

I was wondering the same things when I got my first speeder... These things bend the laws of physics a tad too much. Unless we all walk around with bigass magnets in our boots.

I do however not agree with the OP, keep speeders as they are. They are mounts for fast transportation and should be kept that way. At least until about 100 other missing features (that all are more important) are added to this game.

Add acceleration/deceleration physics, much increased speed, durability loss from being knocked off, cybertech repairs.

At the very least I should not be able to move my speeder sideways at 110% speed.

As long as you stay off durability loss, I am with you. The numbers on repair bills are hefty enough already, I don't want to have to worry about breaking even just for flying effin around...

Funny the biggest problem I have is with the STAP style speeders. No seat. I these things are supposed to be zipping around at multiple hundreds of miles per hour, wouldn't you get tired of hanging on to the thing pretty quickly?

Yeah, that's funny. It should be noted that in the movies, STAP speeder were only flown by droids, and iirc in background material it was even stated that their feed would be mechanically held in place, too.

Edited by Mephane

You could ride staps around in Battle for Naboo if I remember correctly. I can't remember how it was designed though.

I was riding around on my defender or whatever those things are called though, around Tatooine doing what I affectionately call "playing Mario Kart" and kind of sad that as I drove around longer that it didn't get at least slightly faster, or slower up hills.. stuff like that.

Some physics would be very, very cool.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.