what do you do with Centurion tokens?

Redmyst

PvP gear system is f'd.

I understand the deal with bags not dropping loot that you can use in every bag, but when its top tier gear that you are after, can you really be surprised that the drop rate is low? I personally think it is a good idea that everyone who hits BM rank is not fully geared out after a few days.

For one, that would make the game lose playerbase pretty fast. I dont want an mmo where the drops are too favorable, I want to WORK for my gear.

OMG I played pvp all day and I didnt get the loot I needed...

That is the point!!!

If they were carebear about it people would complain about that also. The gear system is fine. Learn to RNG!!! (humor) You all have the exact same chances of getting gear as EVERYONE else. That is fair, plain and simple. So you have bad luck, youre not the only one. Keep playing or let it weed you out because you are a bad. Either way I am happy that the gear system makes it tough to get gear.

Edited by Gnarl

I understand the deal with bags not dropping loot that you can use in every bag, but when its top tier gear that you are after, can you really be surprised that the drop rate is low? I personally think it is a good idea that everyone who hits BM rank is not fully geared out after a few days.

For one, that would make the game lose playerbase pretty fast. I dont want an mmo where the drops are too favorable, I want to WORK for my gear.

That is the point!!!

If they were carebear about it people would complain about that also. The gear system is fine. Learn to RNG!!! (humor) You all have the exact same chances of getting gear as EVERYONE else. That is fair, plain and simple. So you have bad luck, youre not the only one. Keep playing or let it weed you out because you are a bad. Either way I am happy that the gear system makes it tough to get gear.

Not everyone has the same chance, and this is no where near what a PvP gearing system should be like.

If you just power out 60 valor then you can compeletly skip the other gear and only do 2 dailys a day and go straight into BM with out as much RNG because you can't get dupes. When you get a dupe from Champion bags, you only get 1 Centurion Commendations making the process even slower.

That is the point!!!

You don't have to WORK for this system. It's based on luck. Some people will have more gear than those who have a higher valor rank. You're not guaranteed a full set. WoW's system did it right. Now that was WORKING for gear.

You don't have to WORK for this system. It's based on luck. Some people will have more gear than those who have a higher valor rank. You're not guaranteed a full set. WoW's system did it right. Now that was WORKING for gear.

another WoW fanboi... if you like it so much **** and go play it.

and someone who said that BMs have a better chance of getting loot cos of no dupes... they all had to go through champ before that, so your arguement is flawed. Everyone that is BM rank has the same chance as everyone else who is BM rank, just like champ rank players all have the same odds of getting stuff in champ bags

I like how he says "I refuse to do what im supposed to" and acts like thats biowares fault.

Nike I refuse to wear shoes on my feet, *** do i do with these stupid shoes?

You're "supposed" to gear companions that you can't use in PvP (Warzones, raid-group sized world pvp) with PvP gear?

Where was this announced?

Put PvP stims on the vendors for these comms or let them rot, basically.

That is the point!!!

But that's just it. The drop rate isn't low, it's random. So for some people the drop rate is very fast. They get their gear faster than they probably could in any other mmo. For others, it's very possible that it took take a month, or even longer to get anything at all.

But that's just it. The drop rate isn't low, it's random. So for some people the drop rate is very fast. They get their gear faster than they probably could in any other mmo. For others, it's very possible that it took take a month, or even longer to get anything at all.

ok so its random... but its random for everyone!!! some people have good rng rolls some have terribad ones. Myself being one of the latter. In evry game i play it seems. Still I would rather have to play for a month or more to get fully geared than get instand gratification which would make the game STALE, fast. thats my point here. fast loot is bad. it makes the players get bored and that will lose more subs than the people complaining about how it takes too long to gear out for them.

Plus before the brackets, I could still do decent against geared players.

skill >gear

ok so its random... but its random for everyone!!! some people have good rng rolls some have terribad ones. Myself being one of the latter. In evry game i play it seems. Still I would rather have to play for a month or more to get fully geared than get instand gratification which would make the game STALE, fast. thats my point here. fast loot is bad. it makes the players get bored and that will lose more subs than the people complaining about how it takes too long to gear out for them.

skill >gear

If fast loot is bad then the RNG system is still bad.... because half of the people end of with gear quickly and the other half slowly.

skill >gear

Just like the guy above me said, if fast loot is bad, than the current system is bad as well. Because it provides gear for some players very quickly, like I said, possibly quicker than any other game I've ever played has.

People would not mind if it took some time and / or effort to get their gear. As long as it took a more or less equal amount of time for everyone.

You're looking at it from a statistics point of view, where everything will balance out to the appropriate percentage so that means everyone is getting their gear at the same time. But in reality this is obviously not what's happening.

If you want it to take time, put in a system that takes time. It's really as simple as that.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.