Is this some sort of sick joke?

DaDonGiovanni

Im a lvl 39 Inquisitor, and spent alot of time buying gifts and picking light sided options to romance Ashara Zavos.

When the option came up finally that she was attracted to me, she said she didn't want to rush anything and her body language was shy and dismissive, so I told her I didn't want to rush it either, this is @ 4,500 affection.

Ever since then it has been negative, like she hates, my affection is up to 6,000 and I've picked every dialogue that gives me +40 affection and have spoken negatively about the dark side and uplifted the jedi, pampered her, bought her sets of armor and weapons, literally bent over hand and foot for her, and now my romance option is gone? Because I didn't force her out for a drink when she specifcally said she didn't want to rush it?

So not only does Bioware give the inquis ONE romance option, but they bring it down to ONE dialogue choice? Over hundreds of hours of gameplay on one playthrough, they give you ONE dialogue option to advance a romance and it isn't explicitly clear what the consequences of that option will be?

Let me tell you, I've played Mass Effect 1 and 2 dozens of times over, and each time the romance options are clear cut, and drawn out, but never thrown out the window based on ONE dialogue option. I suppose Bioware wants to Troll its monthly subscription paying customers? They are doing a FANTASTIC job at keeping me as a customer.

*Note: I have read forum posts and watched youtube videos, none address this issue directly.

Edited by DaDonGiovanni

Imy affection is up to 6,000.

Not high enough for romance. And, you are 39, there are some dialogue options that are tied to where you are in your storyline as well on certain characters. That means conversations might not happen, often enough they pop up after you finish a storyline on a planet, etc.

I don't think your in a bad spot.

Me however I reached Jaesa's formaly bugged conversation literally hours before the patch and am stuck with it it apears. The third conversation option with her did no way imply a no at any part of the discription.

Edited by DesAnvos

The romances in the game are not what I would describe as being very romantic, they are confined to a few conversations and a few letters, and if you overload your companion with affection too quickly your "romance" will end after a few minutes of conversations. I'm not saying they aren't worth doing, because I think any extra bit of story and interaction is worth unlocking, but they really aren't the sweeping, bodice-ripping, time withstanding, tension filled things we'd all like or even expect them to be.

I'm just saying don't get your hopes up with the game romances because it never turns into Gone with the Wind in Space. You'll just be disappointed :)

Edited by grania

Yeah, you're overreacting OP.

I was at 8k+ affection with both romance options and they didn't speak to me whatsoever for half a dozen levels. Romance options typically don't occur until the start of chapter 3.

See my post:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=248326

As a Fem Inquisitor I took Andy to the back of the ship After Act1, rigth after class quest on Alderaan. We made Khem clean up.

Honestly, the romance stuff seemed unimaginative and not like it was going to show anything. In the end I could have got along just fine had it never been included.

• 2 weeks later...
Im a lvl 39 Inquisitor, and spent alot of time buying gifts and picking light sided options to romance Ashara Zavos.

When the option came up finally that she was attracted to me, she said she didn't want to rush anything and her body language was shy and dismissive, so I told her I didn't want to rush it either, this is @ 4,500 affection.

Ever since then it has been negative, like she hates, my affection is up to 6,000 and I've picked every dialogue that gives me +40 affection and have spoken negatively about the dark side and uplifted the jedi, pampered her, bought her sets of armor and weapons, literally bent over hand and foot for her, and now my romance option is gone? Because I didn't force her out for a drink when she specifcally said she didn't want to rush it?

So not only does Bioware give the inquis ONE romance option, but they bring it down to ONE dialogue choice? Over hundreds of hours of gameplay on one playthrough, they give you ONE dialogue option to advance a romance and it isn't explicitly clear what the consequences of that option will be?

Let me tell you, I've played Mass Effect 1 and 2 dozens of times over, and each time the romance options are clear cut, and drawn out, but never thrown out the window based on ONE dialogue option. I suppose Bioware wants to Troll its monthly subscription paying customers? They are doing a FANTASTIC job at keeping me as a customer.

*Note: I have read forum posts and watched youtube videos, none address this issue directly.

Hate to break it to ya but you did everything wrong from the beginning. Don't buy her gifts, don't care if she favors the good over the "right". You shoulda just told her to deal and shut up and you woulda ended up in bed with her.

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe they just don't like you. Or maybe they don't really want to focus on lame cybersex. Play or quit. Either way they won't care and neither will will. Put your epeen away and play the game.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.