marauder vs assassin vs jug (pve dps)

futuredami

It depends. They all have different flavor and very different playstyles.

Personally, I find the straight-up, 'headbutt your kidney with my face' approach of the Juggernaut to be entertaining.

I like their aesthetic the most, certainly. Shame you can't ditch/kill Vette, man she pisses me off.

Can you explain the rotation a bit? I am looking at the sheer volume of warrior skills and getting overwhelmed. I have a naga mouse and even then it seems like I will quickly eclipse the 12 buttons.

Stealth out weighs anything Sith Warriors offer as far as fun and playability goes.

Marauder have more DPS

Jugg has much more Survivability

Shadow is the squishiest with the second best dmg in comparison to these 3

Marauders and Juggs cant stealth through heroic dallies, or "Sap" their way to Bosses or force speed jump across gaps.

Problem, sir?

be prepared for one of the most challenging ability rotations in this game

There's nothing challenging or difficult about playing a Sentinel/Marauder at 50 in PvE or PvP, compared to other classes. (Except Arsenal Mercenaries/Commando's of course, but simply waking up in the morning requires more effort than playing that class.)

There's nothing challenging or difficult about playing a Sentinel/Marauder at 50 in PvE or PvP, compared to other classes. (Except Arsenal Mercenaries/Commando's of course, but simply waking up in the morning requires more effort than playing that class.)

Oh? You know this for a fact, of course.

Oh? You know this for a fact, of course.

Well, yeah. I have a valor rank 55 Sentinel and a valor rank 51 Powertech so I've done a fair bit of PvP so far. None of the 3 specs for Sentinel/Marauder are difficult or complex in PvP, Watchman is ridiculously powerful; there's just no way you can lose a 1v1 against another class with all cooldowns available. The class is top notch in my opinion.

Let me know when your atleast full champ sir and come play me on the highway.

Full set except Earpiece.

Anymore wild assumptions? Or better yet, explain to me why you two believe Sents/Maras are so difficult and challenging, because so far I don't see why.

Edited by Tzeentcho

The main issue is there are so many ways to counter a Marauder build. Basically to make them ineffective very quickly in combat.

Sure once they get there they can do some damage, but getting there and not being stunned to death is extremely difficult. Then when you are in doing some damage, your opponent can easily move away and start kiting, stunning, slow.

Not only that but the Marauder does have to use a few abilities in combat just because players can easily counter them.

Cloak, to get in close or if they arnt watching Force Charge, then followed by ravage (cause I apparently have 100% immobilization which doesn't seem to do anything), then choke. However if any of these are interrupted you find your self on the back foot immediately.

Opposition will stun then move off kiting with range abilities (healing), I am then forced to use Force scream and a crappy viscous throw ability (which slows). If im still alive, i use force charge again to get back in but by this time they can stun me again or the fights over.

I do have one really good range ability deadly throw which does do some good dmg, but it requires the enemy player to be at 20% or below health, so its usefulness is not awesome.

In theory this would be a very good build. I guess it was designed to get in and do heaps of different dmg fast and then use CC abilities and range abilities to push off an enemy or finish them.

Just in PvP, Marauders just dont get that chance very often.

Edited by Ajudicated

Playing ATM as DPS Jugg as there's only one tank needed for most of the content. Deep Vengeance spec.

On Infernal Councill I finish first, before mercs, sorcs, marauders. Got no sniper to compare to, operatives finishing after me are excused since they don't have their usual benefits on 1:1 PvE fight. My point is: Jugg DPS is good. Can't be bad otherwise I wouldn't finish before sorcs or merc in similiar quality gear.

Also, as Jugg can and quite oftem I am, offtank.

I suppose Marauder could have higher DPS but I wont bet on that. Dunno about 'sin.

Essentially it's a choice of aesthetics and style. Choose what suits you more.

I enjoy my Jugg alot :)

The main issue is there are so many ways to counter a Marauder build. Basically to make them ineffective very quickly in combat.

Sure once they get there they can do some damage, but getting there and not being stunned to death is extremely difficult. Then when you are in doing some damage, your opponent can easily move away and start kiting, stunning, slow.

Not only that but the Marauder does have to use a few abilities in combat just because players can easily counter them.

Cloak, to get in close or if they arnt watching Force Charge, then followed by ravage (cause I apparently have 100% immobilization which doesn't seem to do anything), then choke. However if any of these are interrupted you find your self on the back foot immediately.

Opposition will stun then move off kiting with range abilities (healing), I am then forced to use Force scream and a crappy viscous throw ability (which slows). If im still alive, i use force charge again to get back in but by this time they can stun me again or the fights over.

I do have one really good range ability deadly throw which does do some good dmg, but it requires the enemy player to be at 20% or below health, so its usefulness is not awesome.

In theory this would be a very good build. I guess it was designed to get in and do heaps of different dmg fast and then use CC abilities and range abilities to push off an enemy or finish them.

Just in PvP, Marauders just dont get that chance very often.

Your first comments are more of a general melee issue, ranged are obviously favoured in this game, and the resolve bar not working half the time is a problem.

But seriously, try Annihilation spec as it's DoT based and grants far more survivability. Reduced force leap cooldown, a slow built into your Cauterize, no minimum range on force leap, reduced cooldown on kick, 70% speed increase, DoT crits heal you and you don't even need to stay in melee range for half of your damage. You're a healers worse nightmare. Sticking on a target shouldn't be an issue.

If you leap into a group of enemies of course you're not going to last long, you need to pick your targets wisely, and know when to back out of a fight (Possibly the easiest class in the game to disengage from a battle with Gbtf, force fade and transcendence)

Edited by Tzeentcho

I agree

I always thought the Annihilation tree would be better for overall. I got sucked into the Carnage tree because of its Ataru form (increase dmg per hit), Gore (Armour penetration) force cloak, and Ravage immobilization.

All these I thought would be pretty useful in PvP. But in hindsight, I dont get the chance to use Gore as I need to do hit my big damage abilities as fast as I can so Gore goes out the window. No point in having Armour penetration if your stunned.

Ravage immobilization is a bit hit or miss if its working or not. In PvP seems to have no affect.

Force cloak is the only useful ability there in PvP for survivablity and getting in close to your enemy.

I will re-spec down the Annihilation tree and give it ago.

Carnage seems to be fine for solo PvE and Heroics (had no issue through my entire class story). But Flashpoints and PvP it seems to be missing that extra BOOM that will make it worthwhile. So basically end game, carnage struggles.

I guess with the Annihilation branch, Rupture becomes more use full (crit bleeds etc)

Edited by Ajudicated

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.