The top 4 pvp "issues"?

Moosestick

1. Expertise.

-People that know everything about their class and were 2000+ in WOW arenas are getting wrecked by "noobs" because of 10% more damage and 10% less damage taken........

2. Gear discepancy.

-Level 40 greens from leveling don't let you compete with older 50's, so its better to get to 49 and reroll so you can chant "I'm good" while rolling level 10's......

3. Bags

-Don't get fully geared in 3 days, then see 1 & 2.

4. ?

#1 Faction Imba... Ilum = Bad Joke

#2 They could fix the gear problem by simply allowing players to by Cent easier, so they'd have 11% expertise vs a Bmaster 13% expertise.

#3 No arena, nothing to be competitive with, no premades

#4 Faction imba

#5 Faction imba

#6 Faction imba

#7 Faction Imba

Last but not least

#8 Faction imba

2. Gear discepancy.

-Level 40 greens from leveling don't let you compete with older 50's, so its better to get to 49 and reroll so you can chant "I'm good" while rolling level 10's......

People have no excuse to be in Level 40 greens when they hit 50. They should be in 50 blues by the time they finish Corellia. Can get into 50/51 Purples in less than a week just by doing Ilum and Belsavis dailies.

If you don't want to play the game, don't complain about being undergeared. The real issues with PVP are faction imbalances, ability delay, lag spikes, etc.

I'm Republic, I didn't start PVPing until after I hit 50 and two days before they brought in the brackets. Really, after a week or so I was fine in terms of gear and now the 50 bracket games are normally very closely fought and fun on my server.

1. Expertise.

-People that know everything about their class and were 2000+ in WOW arenas are getting wrecked by "noobs" because of 10% more damage and 10% less damage taken........

2. Gear discepancy.

3. Bags

4. ?

As a healer expertise is basically a drawback. Since I spend half my time stunned the Extra HP bonuses and healing on PvE gear are more beneficial. Expertise should have a greater effect on healing done at the very least to compensate. There is no way I'm going to lose 3000 HP for 5% mitigation, and lose healing power at the same time.

- Ability Delay

- Random Cancellation of Heals

- Failure of UI to update

- Failure of UI to be interactive

- Failure of UI to deliver anything useful for healers

- Overabundance of CC

- Interrupts too potent against healers

- Trauma Debuff too severe a penalty

- Exploiting

- PvP nerfs already affecting PvE (see Operative nerf)

- ilum is a steaming pile of crap. Terrible Implementation.

- Lack of Class Diversity

- Performance w/ Shadows absolutely abysmal, even on High end systems.

- Tab Targeting doesn't work (AT ALL).

- No Target of Target

- No reason to PvP past valor 65

Seriously, I still have more issues.

1. Expertise.

2. Gear discepancy.

3. Bags

4. ?

1. Oh god, made me laugh ;)

2. level 40 gear and 20 could get buffed with expertise

3. RNG sucks, wtb old fashion system ...

1. Expertise.

2. Gear discepancy.

3. Bags

4. ?

Expertise is not an issue anymore than raid gear is an issue. The Pver's are just clueless and want to pvp in their raid gear.

4. Bioware doing nothing to slam POS exploiters in Voidstar and Hutball matches. I've opened multiple tickets about such behavior and taken screenshots but no one does a F'ing thing to stop these a-holes from continuing to cheat and ruin the game. Last but not least is kill trading. The day this becomes acceptable (oh wait, it is!) to Bioware is the day this game starts to die. What a ridiculous excuse for PvP, people trading kills to get their dailies done, lol.

Here I thought the business' goal was to recoup that hundreds of millions invested asap, I wouldn't put a squirt of piss into this game right now. PvP needs overhauled, and it needed it yesterday.

1. Expertise.

2. Gear discepancy.

3. Bags

4. ?

i think u can put expertise, gear and bags all in the same family of problems. Without expertise gear isnt that big of a deal, and without needing expertise ur not doin the i need epics dance every time u open a bag(the rng is still retarded though). Well, i guess we can see that deep down expertise is the issue.

so after that its ilum.

Factional imbalance(hard to fix this), engine wasnt meant to handle large amount of players.

O and theres no reason to do world pvp outside of ilum.

Outlaws den is also useless.

ima eat some ribs, owned.

Edited by rlpirate

As a healer expertise is basically a drawback. Since I spend half my time stunned the Extra HP bonuses and healing on PvE gear are more beneficial. Expertise should have a greater effect on healing done at the very least to compensate. There is no way I'm going to lose 3000 HP for 5% mitigation, and lose healing power at the same time.

- Ability Delay

- Overabundance of CC

- Exploiting

- No Target of Target

Cancellation of Heals, try disabling "Deselect Target Upon Clicking on Terrain" located in the Controls panel in Preferences.

I don't have issues with interrupts as a Sith Sorc. Trauma is fine, once again I don't have issues with that, maybe reduce it by 5% but honestly, no problem since it is needed to be there.

Lack of Class Diversity, expand on that.

Haven't had issues with tab targeting.

___

Other then that, gotta agree with rest of the points you mentioned.

4. Ability Delay

Also, for 3. the issue is some people DO get geared in 3 days, others get geared in 3 months (will get geared w/e). Random is random

I find last patch fix my issue with ability delay.

The random gearing is insanely frustrating. I see people ten ranks lower than me fully champ geared, while I have 3 champ 2 cent.

Cancellation of Heals, try disabling "Deselect Target Upon Clicking on Terrain" located in the Controls panel in Preferences.

I don't have issues with interrupts as a Sith Sorc. Trauma is fine, once again I don't have issues with that, maybe reduce it by 5% but honestly, no problem since it is needed to be there.

Lack of Class Diversity, expand on that.

Haven't had issues with tab targeting.

___

Other then that, gotta agree with rest of the points you mentioned.

Often and it seems to happen randomly I'll get halfway through a cast and it'll just cancel itself for no particular reason. I'll try enabling that.

Lack of Class Diversity means I spend most huttball matches against 5+ Sorcs/Mercs. I've seen entire Inquisitor teams (all eight players).

Sorcs provide a good amount of DMG and a permasnare while they do it. Mercs just stand there and cash in on people's lack of mobility. This is a certifiable nightmare as a healer. It is impossible to keep teams alive through this amount of DMG right now.

Tab targeting doesn't select the closest target. It just seems to randomly select something. Click in the field is even worse because you have to be REALLY accurate with your clicks to snag the target.

- Ability Delay

- Overabundance of CC

- Exploiting

- No Target of Target

CC has to be 2nd on my list of issues with #1 being the joke of Ilum. I thought the space combat was an after thought and should not have been included in release...then we got Ilum.

Exploiting is another one with the kill trading "fight clubs" going on in Ilum. Those players need to be stripped of valor and gear.

Did I mention CC?

There are quite a few more issues I have with the shallow PvP in the game, but the above are on the top of my list right now.

1. Expertise.

2. Gear discepancy.

3. Bags

4. ?

Expertise is fine. If you are REALLY a "2000+ level arena player" in this game and you are getting "wrecked by noobs" because of %10 then expertise isn't your problem. Shocker: but maybe you aren't as good as you think you are. Maybe you were abusing a game mechanic in the other game to make it look like you were much better than you actually are.

Gear progression is the cornerstone of any MMO. There's a reason you don't get the last suit you'll ever wear the instant you turn 50.

You seriously think it's the gear that's holding you back and I'm wishing I could be there when you get your 500 expertise or whatever and realize it's not the gear. The reason you can't kill "that guy" isn't because he has battlemaster gear on, it's because there are 2 people healing him and he's "guarded". The reason you get torn up like a wet newspaper is that you attacked alone and there are 6 of them.

Other than the UI (which I hate) and the lack of mouseovers, my main irritation right now is that I get a huge popup on my screen when my companions come back from a crew mission. Why doesn't this default to being minimized when I'm in freaking combat? :mad: Edited by belialle

Expertise is fine. If you are REALLY a "2000+ level arena player" in this game and you are getting "wrecked by noobs" because of %10 then expertise isn't your problem. Shocker: but maybe you aren't as good as you think you are. Maybe you were abusing a game mechanic in the other game to make it look like you were much better than you actually are.

Gear progression is the cornerstone of any MMO. There's a reason you don't get the last suit you'll ever wear the instant you turn 50.

You seriously think it's the gear that's holding you back and I'm wishing I could be there when you get your 500 expertise or whatever and realize it's not the gear. The reason you can't kill "that guy" isn't because he has battlemaster gear on, it's because there are 2 people healing him and he's "guarded". The reason you get torn up like a wet newspaper is that you attacked alone and there are 6 of them.

That's the thing though, when everything is taken into consideration it is way more than 10%. It's 10% damage, 10% damage reduction (that right there is 20% more effectiveness when fighting someone with no expertise), then on top of that you have the issue of healing also getting bonuses from it, so if you are a healing class with expertise you are at even more of an advantage.. even against other players with expertise since your expertise cancels theirs out. Let's also not forget that there are a ton of stats on even Champion gear in comparison to anything you hit 50 with, which just makes it that much more powerful.

Edited by Ashanor

Other than the UI (which I hate) and the lack of mouseovers, my main irritation right now is that I get a huge popup on my screen when my companions come back from a crew mission. Why doesn't this default to being minimized when I'm in freaking combat? :mad:

It's not like any of the Crew Skills are useful beyond the rare crystal for Artifice, a couple rakata pieces from armor mechs, and of course the almighty Biochem.

If you aren't Biochem you're going to have a rough time in PvP, because everyone and their mom runs around with perma-flask, mega-trinket, and a powerful last-stand/medpac.

That's the thing though, when everything is taken into consideration it is way more than 10%. It's 10% damage, 10% damage reduction (that right there is 20% more effectiveness when fighting someone with no expertise), then on top of that you have the issue of healing also getting bonuses from it, so if you are a healing class with expertise you are at even more of an advantage.. even against other players with expertise since your expertise cancels theirs out. Let's also not forget that there are a ton of stats on even Champion gear in comparison to anything you hit 50 with, which just makes it that much more powerful.

Expertise is **** for healers. It is an overall decrease in our healing, our health pools, and only gains us a small 5-7% reduction in DMG.

I find about 6-7% Expertise from Implants/Ear/Belt to be about right for me and wear my Rakata gear alongside it.

I'd much rather have 1850 cunning and 18k HP than 1500 Cunning and 15k HP. Not worth it at all for a few % increase in healing (which is a Net loss overall) and a small reduction in DMG (you live and die by how much healing you do, not because of that 5%).

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.