OMG I just did a Heroic 4

Dalex

So I just did a heroic 4 quest on Tatooine, with 3 other people (2 sages and a sentinel with my vanguard tanking). It was the first time in a while as my server like many other is quite a ghost town. It was incredibly fun and it made me realize that this game needs to lets its players participate more in activities like that.

The story was completely irrelevant, I'm not even sure why we were there, something about pirates or slavers or some other crap. The fun was the fact that we were playing an MMO. We were using tanking, crowd control, healing, mob selection, etc. It was like playing an MMO again, not a single player with coop thrown in.

Why isn't there more of that? Why did I have to look for a group for an hour or more to do it instead of having a in game tool match me with the appropriate people. I'd rather pay 15$ for an MMO in the Star Wars Universe, not a single player with a chatbox.

Forgot to mention that we weren't in an awful phase either, but in the open world. The mobs could respawn (they had on the way back) and kill us. We had to hurry up. We weren't in a completely closed down environment with no contact from the outside world.

Yeah... Welcome to MMO's post first month. Unless you got in with the first wave over levelers you are going to have a hard time finding teams post chapter 1. This is what happens in every themepark game, everyone hits max level in a few weeks and they stay there, then everyone leveling an alt, or new to the game has low numbers to play with.

It's hard to get a team for a heroic 4, when the map is split into 6 sections and there are 8 people in the whole zone.

They said it in all the pre-launch interviews, the game is designed to cater to the anti-social casual crowd.

Until someone makes a sandbox with the right level of hand holding to keep players from getting lost with nothing do to, there are going to be problems like this. It's the major reason I don't get into games post launch, unless you are paralleling your self with some buddies, you will rarely have people do do group content with, especially in the mid-late levels.

But you have to face it, TOR is KOTOR 3 with some NWN2 like multiplayer hosted on large servers.

Do what my server has done and use global channels. /lfg and /hmlfg are personal chat channels that we've spread the word about and typically have a lot of people in them. You can use them from anywhere...

The republic uses something else, but you get the idea.

All Imperial players will go

"No u wowkiddie no lfg tool noob i always get groups yaddadada"

As a rep player it take ages to get groups, been missing 3-4 FP's just because I couldnt find anyone to group up with,so I feel you :C

bitter much? lol. but in all seriousness this is a problem for the imps too.