5 days early acces versus 7 days early access.

mynimoe

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm still waiting to get in, and I understood that would be the price I'd pay when I delayed my pre-order to make sure it was actually worth the price tag. Even so, there are a few things that have not been done well with EGA.

1. No 12hr warning - People should know which day there getting in beforehand, or at least an estimate. No one is a fan of waiting on an email that may or may not arrive today, or the day after.

2. Entry - Seeing as they went with the 'we'll let waves in dependent on server stability' they should have committed to it! When servers are essentially near empty on the first day, why not keep rolling in waves?

3. EU - As a European player, I feel very alienated in terms of how they're timing this. While they introduce waves in the morning in the US, its near evening for me. Understand that your playerbase is much larger than just US, and there is a much bigger market in Europe.

4. Communication - Self explanatory. Yesterday people were waiting hours for a fourth wave that had already taken place but had not been announced.

I'm not complaining about waiting here. I was under no illusions that I'd be waiting when I waited to try the game. Its just I honestly feel they could have done a much better job in implementing it.

Look forward to playing your fantastic game BioWare! :)

Have to agree with you on the communication issue and on the european times.

But all in all im quite pleased how smooth the EGA works and about the overall stability of the game. That does bode well for the upcomming weekend and the real launch.

In the end... when you have played for a few weeks it will all balance out and all the drama about EGA will be forgotten.

Well looking at how MMO forum communities are.. they probably will move on to the next topic that they can whine about. ;)

So their 5 bucks is better than mine?

I understand what you are saying, but I have to disagree.

What if they play the early Access and cancel the order and never enter a code to play.

Many of these day one players will eb 50 tomorrow, if they aren't now. They have "beaten" the game before it even comes out. They paid 5 bucks for it. Now they can move on to something else.

I know many won't do that, but just because they got their 5 bucks in first doesn't mean they are more devoted or important to the game.

I see what you mean but I disagree. My point of view is of one who doesnt care about beating the game, and my experience doesnt get affected by someone who has beaten the game. It maybe even better, one less crowding the servers!

I see a lot of 'you agreed to wait in line'. There is a huge different waiting in a 'moving' line then waiting in a line that stops for 18 hours a day. It doesnt take 18 hours to monitor server stability :)

Its the way its carried out in my opinion and not the solution itself.

Wow, since when does pointing out simple facts means I'm a troll. Anyway, it's funny how you ignored my other posts...can't refute them eh?

I am choosing to ignore them because they're irrelevant. This thread is severely off topic. Do you think its right that people are getting 2 extra days of early access while some or not.

I see a lot of 'you agreed to wait in line'. There is a huge different waiting in a 'moving' line then waiting in a line that stops for 18 hours a day. It doesnt take 18 hours to monitor server stability :)

Wrong. No one agreed to wait in a 7 day line. People agreed to wait UP TO 5 days in line. The 2 extra days are free. They can do what they want with no free days.

That is my concern for a lot of people who aren't in yet. I know many don't want to roll PvP becuase they don't want to be punished by other players for getting in late. This could be bad for the PvP server Population, honestly.

The PvP ganking side will be dominated by people with most time to play, regardless of this head start. PvP communities tend to be bad for PvP server Population over time, at least that has been my experience with other MMO's with PvP servers. We shall see.

You're just a troll. Commence /ignore. :)

Since you didn't reply to my post that made sense, At least to me, and one other person by the looks of it.

I will shorten what I said down into one defining point.

Why would Bioware purposely or not, Sabotage a game that cost over 135 million dollars?

It would seem to reason, this plan took awhile in the making and was put in place with a degree of intelligence.

I am choosing to ignore them because they're irrelevant. This thread is severely off topic. Do you think its right that people are getting 2 extra days of early access while some or not.

And my question to you before was what does it matter? You refused to answer My question even though it was on topic - no where near off topic.

There is No difference between being able to get in the day the game comes out and not. What if you tried to get in the day it came out, but there was an 8 hour queue because of how many people were trying to get in. Would you ***** then about people being like, level 20 or something because they're powering themselves through no caring about story?

I realize that those who preordered are going to be getting most likely 4 days early access. This is exactly what BioWare said may happen with there "Up to 5 days" bit. But what about those players who are getting 7 days as opposed to the 4 and 5 days.

My question is. Do you think it's fair that some people are getting 2 extra days of early access? Do you think it would be fair if they reset everyone whenever everyone who preordered has access? This is strictly an opinion question. No negative comments please.

Yes I do think it is fair, No I don't think they should reset ... I realise that the 2nd answer is a negative comment, but no other way I can answer your questions - or did you really mean to try and force two positive responses ;)

The PvP ganking side will be dominated by people with most time to play, regardless of this head start. PvP communities tend to be bad for PvP server Population over time, at least that has been my experience with other MMO's with PvP servers. We shall see.

That's been my point. People will have TONS of time to play a game more than someone else, meaning they WILL die to someone higher level or better. That's a simple fact.

Wow, since when does pointing out simple facts means I'm a troll. Anyway, it's funny how you ignored my other posts...can't refute them eh?

It's reverse trolling, by the looks of it.

Or they could just be annoyed by the fact, you are right.

For what it's worth I agree with you completely.

If they think you are a troll, they clearly regardless what they say, never read a wow forum in their life.

I realize that those who preordered are going to be getting most likely 4 days early access. This is exactly what BioWare said may happen with there "Up to 5 days" bit. But what about those players who are getting 7 days as opposed to the 4 and 5 days.

My question is. Do you think it's fair that some people are getting 2 extra days of early access? Do you think it would be fair if they reset everyone whenever everyone who preordered has access? This is strictly an opinion question. No negative comments please.

I think its fair, I have not gotten in yet myself but I have no problem with the wave system. Im in no hurry whatsoever to get to level 50 and I respect that those who pre ordered before me gets access before me.

How they are moving that line still doesn't matter as long as everyone gets in on the promised time frame. Don't like it? You still have time to step out of the line or you can just be patient like the others. It's worse for me cause I'll get access later today but can't play till at least friday night cause of work/plans.

Edited by Kagedfury

Look folks in a nutshell.

If I paid for a reservation of an item way back in August, I would expect to recieve my goods over the person that ordered 4 months after my order. Plain and Simple !

I am Sorry, we all want to get in, but we have to be patient, I have also just discovered that I ordered on 1st Dec, thinking it was the 30th of November. So looks like all my close freinds get in a day before me.

Well Boohooo to me then. I can give a multitude of reasons why i left it late, but frankly its no one's buisness. BUT: The simple point I a trying to make is this, We are all getting in before launch, We all have to accept that we have to wait, and that other people deserve to go 1st before us cause they pre ordered before us, basically that is the end of any argument kk so just be patient.

This Launch is a dammed Success, and don't speak about WoW, it was hardly online for 6 months in the begining due to coinstant server crashes etc. BIOWARE are Pro's, let them get on with it and Stop screaming at them and each other in the forums, its not fair, and tbh all the screaming is like WoW forums mk2.

I know we all have arguements, but the simple truth is, just be patient.

Enjoy

-Kass-

How many of you guys tag-teaming me are already playing?

I'm not. I get in today, since I entered my pre-order code Nov 8th. I understand your point. And I'm not trying to be a dick, either. You just got to think in the sense that there is No difference with this 2 day early access. If the 7 days early access wasn't happening and it was only 5, I would still have to wait 2 days after other people. There's no difference.

I think its fair, I have not gotten in yet myself but I have no problem with the wave system. Im in no hurry whatsoever to get to level 50 and I respect that those who pre ordered before me gets access before me.

Exactly, couldn't have said it better.

I personally could agree with their point, if they weren't getting any early access at all.

I think it doesn't matter. If it was still just 5 days, they would still be 2 days ahead.

Look folks in a nutshell.

If I paid for a reservation of an item way back in August, I would expect to recieve my goods over the person that ordered 4 months after my order. Plain and Simple !

I am Sorry, we all want to get in, but we have to be patient, I have also just discovered that I ordered on 1st Dec, thinking it was the 30th of November. So looks like all my close freinds get in a day before me.

Well Boohooo to me then. I can give a multitude of reasons why i left it late, but frankly its no one's buisness. BUT: The simple point I a trying to make is this, We are all getting in before launch, We all have to accept that we have to wait, and that other people deserve to go 1st before us cause they pre ordered before us, basically that is the end of any argument kk so just be patient.

This Launch is a dammed Success, and don't speak about WoW, it was hardly online for 6 months in the begining due to coinstant server crashes etc. BIOWARE are Pro's, let them get on with it and Stop screaming at them and each other in the forums, its not fair, and tbh all the screaming is like WoW forums mk2.

I know we all have arguements, but the simple truth is, just be patient.

Enjoy

-Kass-

Impressively said.

How many of you guys tag-teaming me are already playing?

If by "tag teaming" you mean those people who dissagree with your perspective I guess I might be one so I will confirm I am not yet playing, but hope to get in today - if i don't I shall wail, gnash my teeth, beat my chest and declare the world a farce ruled by minions of the unholy, finally to take my own life in order to provide entertainment for the other poor souls (jk of course)

If by "tag teaming" you mean those people who dissagree with your perspective I guess I might be one so I will confirm I am not yet playing, but hope to get in today - if i don't I shall wail, gnash my teeth, beat my chest and declare the world a farce ruled by minions of the unholy, finally to take my own life in order to provide entertainment for the other poor souls (jk of course)

Spoken like a true man.

I think it doesn't matter. If it was still just 5 days, they would still be 2 days ahead.

Kage, looks like she has ignored anyone attempting to use logic to oppose her opinion.

Apparently using facts to form a argument is trolling, to her and the supporters of her views.