5 days early acces versus 7 days early access.

mynimoe

Kage, looks like she has ignored anyone attempting to use logic to oppose her opinion.

Apparently using facts to form a argument is trolling, to her and the supporters of her views.

Actually I said a while ago I was closing this thread of my own choice. I am playing another game for the time being. You guys showed up after I made my case. Everything has been explored so feel free to read all of my previous posts if you want.

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I must admit my patience is waring very thin.

With the Early/Early Game Access I presumed they were trying to get everyone in for the 5 days they advertised. Now I see from last nights post that there will still be people not getting in today and will have to wait yet again.

I now feel that I am paying for something I will not get and was not advised to me in big bold letters when ordering.

I was not sure whether I would sign up for the game full time until testing it and after seeing the quality of the game and the advert I paid the money rather than wait until christmas.

I now feel very dissapointed when i have been registered here since 2009 and already paying for game time I and others are not getting. I cannot understand the big difference between letting all folks who ordered upto the end of November and those that ordered later being granted access today.

Anyway just my thoughts.

Gun

It's sooooo not fair.

Signed,

Giving everyone a medal just for participating and not keeping score in children's sports games so noone feels bad.

P.S. Can we really be surprised by the amount of QQ these kids are stirring up? I mean this is the environment they grew up in. Entitlement, like the world revolves around them, and that everything should be fair. Problem is once they get to the real world, this upbringing does not mesh with society. This is why so many management types hate to hire the millennial generation.

Im prolly one of the last ones to get access. Ordered 7 dec.

Good thing about this is u dont have to chase same mobs/items in the start area as 10 000 other guys is.

My only concern is all names I planed to use for my chars is taken

I don't have a problem that BW made early game acces from 5 to 7 days to 'reward' people who ordered months in advance, that is indeed a nice gesture from them.

I do have a problem with the fact that when I pre-ordered the 29th november, the banner clearly said "Pre-order now and GET 5 days early acces' this was recently changed to 'Pre-Order now and you MAY GET 5 days early acces' This is basically false advertising.

Two days I understand, those are extra.

I'm not getting in until Friday.

I mean really they aren't going to push to get everyone left in on the 15th.

Sometimes making a plan means you have to adjust those plans, not stick to them concretely in the face of whatever is happening, that is just stubborness.

But I'm fine with it, I had hoped to get some game time in before Friday, I probably won't, so I went back to City of Heroes.

Though I do honestly think the whole debacle reeks of preferential treatment, and that sets a pretty bad pattern for future behavior in my mind. I'd care not if CE's got in tuesday, SE's weds, and everyone else Today, that would make more sense, bonus for people who paid more.

But the current system ignores people who have had problems with getting a key, screw ups between the publisher and the retailers, and a myriad of things beyond their ability to control.

Partial Gate opening would do better, let half in day one, wait six hours, let other half in, not so much of an obvious advantage, and the human mentality can deal with that, it's the "I have a chance!" school of thought, but between Tues and Friday it's gone to "Well friends I made will be twenty levels higher, why bother even checking email" school.

pre-ordered, bought, paid for, redeemed the product code ect ect still nothing. :(

11.30.2011 Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Early Game Access: Ready to patch

11.30.2011 Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Digital Standard Edition Pre-Order

Wonder if it's cos i didnt pay for the higher price editions :)

I guess if it doesent happen today then I and many others were ripped off a good £5 each. which is very naughty if that's the case.

I must admit my patience is waring very thin.

With the Early/Early Game Access I presumed they were trying to get everyone in for the 5 days they advertised. Now I see from last nights post that there will still be people not getting in today and will have to wait yet again.

I now feel that I am paying for something I will not get and was not advised to me in big bold letters when ordering.

I was not sure whether I would sign up for the game full time until testing it and after seeing the quality of the game and the advert I paid the money rather than wait until christmas.

I now feel very dissapointed when i have been registered here since 2009 and already paying for game time I and others are not getting. I cannot understand the big difference between letting all folks who ordered upto the end of November and those that ordered later being granted access today.

Anyway just my thoughts.

Gun

Up to 5 days. That means 1-5, you are getting what was promised. I'll say it again, how you THINK it should be done does not matter.

Some people got more than UP TO 5 days.

I can see some people being salty cause quite a few people got up to 6 or 7 days. Which by simple math works out to 1 or 2 days more than the up to amount.

I am not cause I am most likely getting 2 extra days no matter what happens and so are the people complaining so once you are in the game and you get your 2 extra days than you normally would have then you wont be as crabby.

I don't have a problem that BW made early game acces from 5 to 7 days to 'reward' people who ordered months in advance, that is indeed a nice gesture from them.

I do have a problem with the fact that when I pre-ordered the 29th november, the banner clearly said "Pre-order now and GET 5 days early acces' this was recently changed to 'Pre-Order now and you MAY GET 5 days early acces' This is basically false advertising.

I will agree with this, it did seem a bit like Infomercial advertising.

Almost like Bioware under estimated some aspect of the original early access plan.

Edited by zenas

I realize that those who preordered are going to be getting most likely 4 days early access. This is exactly what BioWare said may happen with there "Up to 5 days" bit. But what about those players who are getting 7 days as opposed to the 4 and 5 days.

My question is. Do you think it's fair that some people are getting 2 extra days of early access? Do you think it would be fair if they reset everyone whenever everyone who preordered has access? This is strictly an opinion question. No negative comments please.

EGA was always going to stagger access. I think BW did the right thing adding extra days to allow as many people as possible a reasonable amount of EGA.

I don't think it is remotely fair to seek to penalise those who got the reward of ordering early on the day of release and getting in first. And no I'm not in yet but I do expect to get in today.

I do think BW could have avoided a lot of hassle if they had properly planned out who they were letting in on what day and given people a rough idea of cut off dates for each day of EGA. But things are improving and we knew yesterday that today's waves should take us up to the last week in November. This means those of us left to get in can figure out roughly if we will get in today or tomorow.

Some people got more than UP TO 5 days.

I can see some people being salty cause quite a few people got up to 6 or 7 days. Which by simple math works out to 1 or 2 days more than the up to amount.

I am not cause I am most likely getting 2 extra days no matter what happens and so are the people complaining so once you are in the game and you get your 2 extra days than you normally would have then you wont be as crabby.

7 or 5 does not matter, they were ahead of you anyway. The only difference is you are getting at least 4 instead of 2. Stop worrying about what others are getting, be more selfish.

In all honesty, it maybe legal to market this way but it is very unethical, and truly this just shows me BW's true color, it shouldn't be fair that we all paid the same money yet we get the good at different times (it might be as little as days, but that makes a huge difference for many people) ....if only they had thought this out a little better

Also another way to look at it is like that.

What is better?

Letting those who pre ordered in slowly testing the servers, maybe upsetting some but they will end up getting their early access anyway?

Or

Letting everyone who pre ordered early in at the same time, and them having to wait perhaps even longer to get in, enraging them more?

Or

Just making everyone log in at launch and really really, tick off the player base?

The wait would be crazy to say the least.

In all honesty, it maybe legal to market this way but it is very unethical, and truly this just shows me BW's true color, it shouldn't be fair that we all paid the same money yet we get the good at different times (it might be as little as days, but that makes a huge difference for many people) ....if only they had thought this out a little better

You agreed to getting let in at different times. Thats what all this boils down to, they said "here" and we all said "ok".

Edited by Kagedfury

Also another way to look at it is like that.

What is better?

Letting those who pre ordered in slowly testing the servers, maybe upsetting some but they will end up getting their early access anyway?

Or

Letting everyone who pre ordered early in at the same time, and them having to wait perhaps even longer to get in, enraging them more?

Or

Just making everyone log in at launch and really really, tick off the player base?

The wait would be crazy to say the least.

I agree. There is no way to appease the masses. So, in the end you base your decision on what is best for the customer and the company.

Considering a large part of the world was denied a fair pre order for 2/3 of the time it's been up, no, i don't suppose it's fair. But everyone seems to forget that not everyone could pre order when it was available. Edited by Aezzle

I will agree with this, it did seem a bit like Infomercial advertising.

Almost like Bioware under estimated some aspect of the original early access plan.

To me it gives the impression that they needed money badly for extra servers (since only a few people got in sofar and most server are practically full in Europe) so they made us a promise to get new funding. This prolly was such a succes that they now can't live up to the promise and quickly changed the message.

Well on the 7 day system people who are going to be getting in today will have 5 days access. Now that is coming 2 days late compared to when the EGA started. On the 5 day system those same eople would only get 3 days early access. Remember this is day 3. So which would you rather have??? 5 days or 3 days of EGA?

5 Day EGA

The players who got in on the 13th would just now be getting into the game today which is the 15th

The players wwho will be getting in today are day 3 of EGA which on the old system they would be getting in on the 17th leaving them 3 days to play the game instead of 5.

So which do you prefer to have... 3 days of game time or 5?

Up to 5 days. That means 1-5, you are getting what was promised. I'll say it again, how you THINK it should be done does not matter.

The fact is in their earlier advertisements it did not say upto 5 days it just said 5 days early access.

thanks for being dim though its a pleasure.

People who pre ordered the collectors edition, are probably laughing about this.

Considering they may have pre ordered earlier than some here complaining.

They pay more money for Bioware product, and get no early access.

Unless I am mistaken about them, not getting early access at all.

To me it gives the impression that they needed money badly for extra servers (since only a few people got in sofar and most server are practically full in Europe) so they made us a promise to get new funding. This prolly was such a succes that they now can't live up to the promise and quickly changed the message.

The game is rumored to cost, over 136 million dollars, making it the most expensive game ever made.

Part of it is because how long it was developed.

Lucas Arts in reality quit it and went broke, then Bioware took it over.

So I read in a story anyway.