BioWare, have you realized... ?

erdadi

• Have you realized the HUGE number of posts complaining about the open PvP system of this game?
  • Have you started to think you have completely failed with the PvP design in SWTOR?
  • Have you realized SWTOR needs a COMPLETE re-work in PvP terms?
  • Have you realized that by the time you re-work the PvP, there will be games in the market with a PvP much better you will ever design?

TBH, if I would have 100+ million dollars I would have designed "something" better...

You have made AN EPIC FAIL WITH THE PVP of this game, and you will notice it very soon. Seriously, if I were you I would start to worry...

Bullets don't make your point any that much more important. Really this is just one of another of those threads saying "You will meet your doom...DOOOOOOOM"

Christ, can't you people just making one big thread and quit bumping others off the page?

Bullets don't make your point any that much more important. Really this is just one of another of those threads saying "You will meet your doom...DOOOOOOOM"

Christ, can't you people just making one big thread and quit bumping others off the page?

You are not forced to read and answer all these posts, so relax... Anyway, what do you expect to see in the PvP formus of SWTOR? Praises and flowers for BioWare? I'm sorry, but I have to tell you it will never happen as this game has the WORST PvP system ever seen in a MMO.

Edited by erdadi

It doesn't matter what Bioware does its all about EA and numbers these days.

Not like we haven't seen this before, they make a bad game with poor systems and 3 months later the subs crash, then the big shots come in and clean house and the game just goes into sustain mode trying to repair its bad rep without loosing even more players as the new producers are stuck with all these bad systems like expertise and faction imbalances.

Takes them a year to get around all these bad things without making the kiddies mad and by that time nobody cares anymore..

Why get all worked up tbh its gonna be broke for a long time the only thing TOR and bioware have going for it, is the 1-49 is pretty good. Other than that heads are gonna roll sooner or later and we all have seen how poorly the game has been managed so far, and i am sure its only going to get worse..

This has been the worse realease ive seen, including AoC and STO the only one that it compares to is Eathrise for the level of fail and they had no budget.

So sit back relax and enjoy the drama thats coming..

Edited by Razot

• Mythic designed an awsome PvP in Dark Age of Camelot.
  • Mythic designed a nice PvP in Warhammer Online.
  • In SWTOR, Mythic has trolled BioWare badly...

Didn't warhammer online fail because of the terribly unbalanced pvp?

Ilum is obviously in a beta state, though most of the complaints aren't about Ilum itself. Its from servers where one side just isn't organized.

You cannot put the PvP planet of a game in beta state when the game is already released and people is paying to play it. They had years of development to put the game in beta state. Now is time to play the game, not to test it, so they failed.

The OP of this topic doesn't realize 80% of the whining are baseless claims or issues that are server specific regarding population.

A lot of it is people complaining because a certain class happens to counter them in some way.

To be honest, while you do have a point, people complaining is not good.

The OP is right, the PvP in this game is, in all honesty, not as good as it should be.

Even without comparing it to other games, the intergalactic war, is not exactly a war. I don't feel like I'm at war with Republic (especially since 99% of the time in Warzones I'm fighting other Sith when I play Imperial :rolleyes: ).

As you're levelling up, there is no competition with 'the other side'. You rarely actually see them.

A lot of people, seem to be playing because they hope the future will be better, not because it's awesome right now...as much as we would like it to be.

Open world pvp is the most fun, even without a loot drop, but an occasional random commendation drop for the planet the confrontation happens on would be cool.

My problem is the obvious use of some cheats and hacks in light of the fact Bioware does have anticheating countermeasures on the shelf that haven't been implemented. Plus there's apparently no gm, because out of ten warzone matches, five of them will involve the following:

Republic players able to plant the bomb while literally standing *inside* the door untouched.

Players blinking out and reappearing clear across the field of play in Huttball.

sub-lvl 10's oneshotting lvl 40+ players, as well as absorbing *all* damage while taking none, and inexplicable multiple uses of interrupts and stuns back to back to back without a cooldown.

In the end it appears that there's no interest in policing this behavior at all. This is one major reason why I stopped playing Battlestar Galactica Online-- the implicit encouragement of using hacks and cheats.

You cannot put the PvP planet of a game in beta state when the game is already released and people is paying to play it. They had years of development to put the game in beta state. Now is time to play the game, not to test it, so they failed.

Nah, they didn't fail. Warzones are still great and so's the PvE. Hell, Ilum is still fun if you have a competent guild that can get things together. Morale is the real killer of that sort of PvP. Low morale makes you think the situation is unwinnable or that the situation is worse than what it is.

Players blinking out and reappearing clear across the field of play in Huttball.

This is usually a result of lag from Rescue and Force Speed, not any sort of cheat.

Edited by Kuari

To be honest, while you do have a point, people complaining is not good.

The OP is right, the PvP in this game is, in all honesty, not as good as it should be.

Even without comparing it to other games, the intergalactic war, is not exactly a war. I don't feel like I'm at war with Republic (especially since 99% of the time in Warzones I'm fighting other Sith when I play Imperial :rolleyes: ).

As you're levelling up, there is no competition with 'the other side'. You rarely actually see them.

A lot of people, seem to be playing because they hope the future will be better, not because it's awesome right now...as much as we would like it to be.

Actually, people complaining is great.

If there weren't people on here complaining I would assume we had a big problem, population.

But considering how many different, opposing, sometimes completely contradicting complaints that I see on here daily. I figure everything is just about right.

Look at the PvP forums on that other game. I'm guessing they must be a sinking ship with all of those complaints. Or not.

Oh. I play because it's awesome right now, and will be better, which is pretty sweet.

Edited by Celebrus

• Have you realized the HUGE number of posts complaining about the open PvP system of this game?
  • Have you started to think you have completely failed with the PvP design in SWTOR?
  • Have you realized SWTOR needs a COMPLETE re-work in PvP terms?
  • Have you realized that by the time you re-work the PvP, there will be games in the market with a PvP much better you will ever design?

TBH, if I would have 100+ million dollars I would have designed "something" better...

You have made AN EPIC FAIL WITH THE PVP of this game, and you will notice it very soon. Seriously, if I were you I would start to worry...

Yet another person doing nothing but complaining, being absolutely counterproductive and failing to provide any meaningful constructive criticism or suggestions to the conversation.

Do you want suggestions? Here is a post I written with "some" suggestions.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=221750

And, if this is the first time you play open PvP in a MMO maybe you can think it is not bad, but if you have played PvP in other games (specially thos designed by Mythic), then you will think the PvP of this game is a joke...

Ilum is obviously in a beta state, though most of the complaints aren't about Ilum itself. Its from servers where one side just isn't organized.

I would argue more like an alpha state. Spawn-camping has been around since at least 1995 that I know of. (Doom over ipx, lol)

Yet you offer no suggestions..

Honestly what is there to suggest?

The engine itself cannot handle Ilum, The Faction imbalance is just not going to magically go away.

Imo everything about world PVP is broken to its core and my only suggestion would be shut down 50 world pvp till it can actually run and have systems in place, they have a PTS with no cloned 50s so how can you massive test, they have the tools and are not using them properly, if they cant support world pvp with the engine well then i guess they need to start looking at an instanced version of Ilum.

Edited by Razot

Yet another person doing nothing but complaining, being absolutely counterproductive and failing to provide any meaningful constructive criticism or suggestions to the conversation.

You are wrong, I have written several posts with suggestions and reasons explaining why SWTOR has failed in PvP terms. Here is an example:

Yet, I'm tired of ppl that defend this PvP even when every body is complaining about it.

I read similiar notes like yours on the Warhammer forums. And boy, Warhammer is prospering these days.

Wait...who said "sarcasm"?!

Yet you offer no suggestions..

what's the point in offering suggestions, bw got plenty of constructive suggestions prelaunch and they came up with ilum, shows how much stock they put in their customers/future customers suggestions.

You are wrong, I have written several posts with suggestions and reasons explaining why SWTOR has failed in PvP terms. Here is an example:

Yet, I'm tired of ppl that defend this PvP even when every body is complaining about it.

This is what communities do. Divide themselves over the proposed solutions even though everyone agrees it needs improvement. Truth is almost anything would be an improvement.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.