Out leveling my story quests?

Fuzzymath

When I made my first character, I skipped a lot of content due wanting to quick grind to 50. Now that he's 50 I have decided to go back, make an alt, and level it only a few hours a day. My hope was to hit all the content I missed on my first pass through. However, I'm finding by doing my PvP dailies, all the FP, and all the four mans, I am out leveling my story line. I'm already level 20 and I'm just now leaving Coruscant. When I only did the story and plant quests, and skipped all group content, my level progression matched the recomended levels for the zone I was in. Now it seems all blown all to heck.

Is there anything I can do to 'fix' this? I know I can always do my quests, regardless of my level, but I will eventually out level any of the four man groups long before I ever reach the planet! Has anyone else run in this problem?

Edited by Fuzzymath

after getting about 4 toons to level 20, I can say that the only way im not out-leveling my class is quest is if I am not doing any heroics, FP's, or space missions. I got obsessed with running hammerstation with 2 of my characters, and am level 20 and havent even set foot on taris, which is level 16-20. So I will probably only do my class quests there and then move onto nar shadaaaaaaa.

Im not going to complain though. It's a nice problem to have.

Yes, you should out level most of the bonus series and most of the heroic quests as you go. They aren't really efficient xp per hour anyway, so you're better off avoiding them. Space missions and PVP missions are worth it, but just doing them for the sake of it isn't.

You won't ever completely out level something before you get there, because of the DR on exp gained (basically if you grey out one area, while you're leveling you'll not be any better off than someone who just barely had it green and only marginally better than someone else).

If you want to do group quests and flashpoints at level skip space and pvp, or the reverse, though by about hoth everything gets close to converging anyway. My GF went through and did all the heroics, bonus seris and flashpoints she could find, I leveled just on solo quests, but did the PVp quests (once each) and skipped as much of the heroics as possible and and am one level behind on belsavis, but one hub further in progression, and am at about 1/3rd of her /played.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.