Looting options in a group

Matovilka

I haven't played the game long but seeing how we have companions, I think additional loot option could be useful when looting in group - the one where you can loot gear for a companion. If you need a piece of gear you will need on it. If you don't, you'd pass it, greed it, or disassemble (if possible). So far it's been annoying to gear up all my companions just through quests and random item drops (sucks when I'm not loaded with credits).

Priority would go [Need] > [Companion] > [Greed] = [Disassemble]

It could stand with some tweaking, but I think it would be a good idea.

Oh, and I suppose someone already thought of it, but couldn't see it in forum list so far.

Yes, the idea has been here a few times. But it's still a good idea so it gets my vote, just like all the others. We really need more loot options. Even an option to enable loot containers in flashpoints would be good.

Options options! There is no single loot mechanic that everyone will be happy with.

Too bad all these suggestions come from the point of view that gearing up your companion would somehow be less important/acceptable than gearing your own toon. All this would do is make it harder for those who rely more on their companions to progress/gear up. Some classes/specs ofc have it easier, but for example guardians really need to keep their dmg companion geared (Kira mainly, some may use T7) to kill mobs at decent speed. It's really not any different from sentinel needing the dmg for himself. Companions in swtor aren't pets, they are the dd'ers/healers/tanks for majority of the leveling for most people.

Think people are slowly starting to understand it, less "I lost the roll to companion! ninja!!" threads/posts on forum now, and havent seen anyone get mad for those gearing their companions on the groups I've been in. Will likely become even less of an issue when more content with companions gets released.