Losing the will to play, dunno why.

Yakito

I didn't want to make a new thread but I couldn't find a similar one within 4 pages, which are taken by EU downtime threads, which I think are true anyway.

I have subscribed for 3 months, I got really sucked into the game, I love Star Wars and I wanted a Star Wars MMO since I heard the word "MMO".

And now that I played for a bit more than a month... I don't know... something broke inside of me, I think. I hope it's not permanent, because I don't want to leave SWTOR. I want to play it, I want to keep enjoying it.

I haven't logged in for 2 days, and today's downtime didn't help one bit. But this is NOT a downtime thread.

This is a thread about feeling burned out. The FPS problems piling up, Ilum making me angry, bugged looting in raids, I haven't done a single Space Combat mission after I grinded 375 fleet commendations for 2 weeks and was given a simple epic (124) for it.

Maybe it's not even that? Maybe it's something else? Travel time? The fact that it takes a lot of time to get from one planet to another to help out a friend in need?

Travel time is really horrible, I used to defend it but it's killing me now.

I want to level up a third character but I cannot force myself to go through the same side quests again. If only we had 2 paths to choose - like in WoW. I'd skip Corellia, Taris, Nar Shadaa 100% of the time if I could. Some things simply should be a matter of choice. Imagine being able to pick 1 of 2 planets in every bracket to level in. Like Borean Tundra and Howling Fjords, or other countless worlds and MMOs that let you pick where you want to spend next few hours in.

Maybe I just don't feel the freedom? Huge amount of restrictions - crystals, weapons, armour, alignment.

Anyway, I am sorry for wasting your time guys. I really hope you will keep on enjoying TOR. I really hope that I will also wake up tomorrow and realise that I just needed a couple of days break.

Perhaps you also feel similar? Like you are losing the will to play, but can't really tell why?

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't want to make a new thread but I couldn't find a similar one within 4 pages, which are taken by EU downtime threads, which I think are true anyway.

I have subscribed for 3 months, I got really sucked into the game, I love Star Wars and I wanted a Star Wars MMO since I heard the word "MMO".

And now that I played for a bit more than a month... I don't know... something broke inside of me, I think. I hope it's not permanent, because I don't want to leave SWTOR. I want to play it, I want to keep enjoying it.

I haven't logged in for 2 days, and today's downtime didn't help one bit. But this is NOT a downtime thread.

This is a thread about feeling burned out. The FPS problems piling up, Ilum making me angry, bugged looting in raids, I haven't done a single Space Combat mission after I grinded 375 fleet commendations for 2 weeks and was given a simple epic (124) for it.

Maybe it's not even that? Maybe it's something else? Travel time? The fact that it takes a lot of time to get from one planet to another to help out a friend in need?

Travel time is really horrible, I used to defend it but it's killing me now.

I want to level up a third character but I cannot force myself to go through the same side quests again. If only we had 2 paths to choose - like in WoW. I'd skip Corellia, Taris, Nar Shadaa 100% of the time if I could. Some things simply should be a matter of choice. Imagine being able to pick 1 of 2 planets in every bracket to level in. Like Borean Tundra and Howling Fjords, or other countless worlds and MMOs that let you pick where you want to spend next few hours in.

Maybe I just don't feel the freedom? Huge amount of restrictions - crystals, weapons, armour, alignment.

Anyway, I am sorry for wasting your time guys. I really hope you will keep on enjoying TOR. I really hope that I will also wake up tomorrow and realise that I just needed a couple of days break.

Perhaps you also feel similar? Like you are losing the will to play, but can't really tell why?

Feel exactly the same. If you leveled up 2 characters you are one ahead of me. I can't even think of going through some of the planets again with an alt. Too linear and don't want the game holding my hand leading me down one path only while trying to level up.

Hope you feel better about the game at a later time and hope I do too. :)

What you need is a break from the game.

We all should heed the following advice once given by a very wise man.

Moderation, everything in moderation.

I feel you OP. I learned years ago that I have to force myself to take breaks from things I enjoy from time to time or I will bore of them.

Ive been feeling the same way man and it sucks as i love anything SW related. I havent been playing longer than 30 minutes every other day and only have a 31 knight, though im sure that has some to do with work. I too wish for the sandbox style that wow had. If only that could be added. That being said, I will still play the game in hopes for new features added at a sooner than later time.

The game sucks. The dev company sucks. The publisher sucks the most.

/endofstory

Why are you here then?

To the OP - I know what you mean. I am noticing myself feeling less and less motivated to log on and level alts/participate in PvP activities. Personally, I think it's the whole mmo gameplay that people are getting tired of, not individual games. I am finding myself beign more excited about replaying some of the old games - X-COM series, Jagged Alliance series, some SimSity and older RPGs like BG etc. Attention span of an average gamer now is much much sorter than what it was 10-13 years ago.

Yea man burning the midnight oil much lol were you afraid youd miss something lol I've been playing since launch and im at 38 on one toon and 18 on another and played around with alot of other classes its a game not a job I can totally see why your kinda burnt take a few weeks off.

Thank you for understanding. I was expecting to be trolled to death.

I am sorry to hear that there are more people feeling the way I do.

I hope that Bioware will give us more freedom. We are barely able to choose anything we want anymore.

I also hope that the feeling doesn't last. It lasted with some other games, so breaks from them didn't make me want to go back. I don't want to replace TOR with another game, because that's not the answer for me. I am chilling in Minecraft for now, which is such a nice change (freedom).

Ive been feeling the same way man and it sucks as i love anything SW related. I havent been playing longer than 30 minutes every other day and only have a 31 knight, though im sure that has some to do with work. I too wish for the sandbox style that wow had. If only that could be added. That being said, I will still play the game in hopes for new features added at a sooner than later time.

Whoah Whoah Whoah..... When did wow become sandbox? Seriously...WoW is the epitome of linear.

/Troll alert

I think 99% of the people playing this game are feeling the same thing right now.

I had such huge hopes for this game to be different and be unique.

Instead we get a Terrible done WOW clone. It would of been fine if it was a GOOD Wow clone but this is just a TERRIBLE TERRIBLE WOW CLONE.

Did bioware not realize that everyone is burned out from WoW, why would they try to clone it . . . There is no WoW killer, there never will be. YOu have to do something different and this game failed in doing it.

MY entire guild basically quit after the 1st month and pretty much went back to WoW. Why would they quit WoW for a terrible clone of WoW? There is no reason at all.

Myself, I am waiting for Guild Wars 2 because they have a UNIQUE vision of there own, They are not making a WoW clone or even a competitor to WoW. Its something completely different and it looks amazing so far.

This game is in too deep with the current design choices to get better. I might re subscribe if the 1st expansion is good, and by good I MEAN DIFFERENT.

I am with you. I think a major problem is the restrictions of this game. All the zones feel small and restricted. You get 3-4 quests in a certain area, then move to another small area for every planet. You never really feel the scope of the zones or planets. All the mobs feel the same.

I never feel the need to explore and I'm not immersed by the planets and lore. In WoW you could travel from the south of one zone to the north if you wanted. To do this in ToR you need to follow linear paths that take zig and zag. Your most likely going to run into plenty of mobs along the way. What should take a minute or two can take 10 or 15 minutes. The travel in this game is terrible. WoW was also at first.

Friend wants help with Heroic quests on a certain planet? Too bad. I don't want to have to travel back to the quest hub, fly to the spaceport, take the elevator to the orbital station. Wait for loading screen, click on ship. Wait for loading screen, click on galaxy map. Select planet. Leave ship and wait for loading screen. Take elevator in orbital station. Run through spaceport. Find the shuttle. Shuttle to nearest base to meet friend. Travel through linear areas and get lost trying to find friend.

Its just way too much.

Those aren't the only restrictions though. The LFG is restricted. The GTN is restricted. The UI is restricted. End game is restricted.

For a company that is famous for giving its players choices in games, ToR has little choices. You quest on the same planets on the same set path. There are few choices when it comes to leveling.

I'm need going to even get into the difficulty and gear problems but ToR needs more of a carrot on a stick philosophy. We need to have things dangling infront of us that are just out of reach.

Not only is everything in reach in this game, but most of it is placed in your pocket without even having to reach for it. See commendations.

There is nothing I want more for this game to be a huge success but I fear there are somethings that just won't be able to get fixed because of the games emphasis on story. I want this game to be the next WoW, not the next SWG.

Strip away the cool Star Warsy Graphics; Forgot for a moment you know what a "hutt" or a "sandperson" is; do that and focus on the actual game play mechanics, classes, abilities.....etc..etc

No wonder you've lost the will to play anymore. Game is not that good past the "Star Wars" ahhhhhh moment.

Its actually one of the most generic bleh games ive played in a long time.

i meant swg. not trolling at all. I still enjoy this game.

I agree with you. To this day, my best gaming experience in a game was simply sitting in a camp in the forests of Endor in the SWG beta chatting with my group. It took us a long time to travel to the edge of Endor. We died many times but all had a blast. There was a sense of danger. We wanted to explore and see the planet. When we finally reached the north end of Endor a ranger set camp. We stayed there for a while and talked because it felt like an accomplishment. The world felt magical and dangerous. I never feel this in ToR.

Compared to ToR, WoW should be considered open world. You can travel relatively easy and aren't forced down a set path. You have some choices in which zones to quest in or not.

You're losing the will to play because:

It's all been done before, and done better. There's literally no innovation at all in this game, adds nothing new to the genre (reply "but it has voice over!" i dare you).

Clearly new to the MMO world.

I agree with you. To this day, my best gaming experience in a game was simply sitting in a camp in the forests of Endor in the SWG beta chatting with my group. It took us a long time to travel to the edge of Endor. We died many times but all had a blast. There was a sense of danger. We wanted to explore and see the planet. When we finally reached the north end of Endor a ranger set camp. We stayed there for a while and talked because it felt like an accomplishment. The world felt magical and dangerous. I never feel this in ToR.

Compared to ToR, WoW should be considered open world. You can travel relatively easy and aren't forced down a set path. You have some choices in which zones to quest in or not.

Its just a shame SWG was a game based on Buffs not skill and was completely broken from day one, with bugs that never got fixed in 8 years and the worst combat system see in an MMO.

Strip away the cool Star Warsy Graphics; Forgot for a moment you know what a "hutt" or a "sandperson" is; do that and focus on the actual game play mechanics, classes, abilities.....etc..etc

No wonder you've lost the will to play anymore. Game is not that good past the "Star Wars" ahhhhhh moment.

Its actually one of the most generic bleh games ive played in a long time.

All too true I'm afraid. Takes away SW and BW and this game would tank. Because this is a BW game though I am holding out hope. Instead of spending all of their budget on voice acting for side quests which most people start to skip after level 20, they should have focused on gameplay.

If you count 7-8 years experience as new, then yes I'm new.

Please oh wise sage, tell us all how SWTOR is so innovative.

I dont need to, If you play the game and one other MMO you would know. Oh and just because you say you have all this experience on MMO's does not make it true.

You comments tell us the real truth ;)

I dont need to, If you play the game and one other MMO you would know. Oh and just because you say you have all this experience on MMO's does not make it true.

You comments tell us the real truth ;)

Yeah as I thought, you can't tell us why TOR is innovative because it isn't