Repairbills are killing the community

xcreeping

Id say the community as a hole, half care about wiping period where the other half do not but pretty much everyone cares about the high price of repairs........if repairs wheren't so high more people would pug and more people would enjoy group hardmodes, going out, and just meeting other people for groups but due to the high price of repairs its not like this. Many try to avoid pugging all togeather where others will only group with pugs they know. Things in the pug community would be much better if people didnt need to worry about blowing 50k+ on repairs doing group hardmodes

Its easy to make money in game I find. I also find that now because I'm level 50 money isn't as important as it once was, all i use it for now is to repair my gear and occasionly buy items from the Galactic market.

And as someone stated Dailies are a great source of money.

The point is, i wanna pug, i wanna group with the noobs, i don't mind wiping.......but i know if i lfg for a pug i might as well take 50k of my credits and destroy them........pugging for groups & trying to progress through raiding combined is just to much credits lost in my opinion, even doing dailys.

Raid for four hours, lose 100k-150k.........that expected, its raiding

Pugging ( grouping with noobs ) is another 50-100k loss........and its wrong.......the price of repairs forces people pretty much not nor want to pug.

There is always a cost for failure (in this case wiping, be it with a raid group or with a pug).

Credits are easy to make...period. I have a non-slicing, non-GTN working toon with over 1.5 million credits, now given we aren't raiding yet in my guild, but would that honestly matter in the end? Not one bit.

Id say the community as a hole, half care about wiping period where the other half do not but pretty much everyone cares about the high price of repairs........if repairs wheren't so high more people would pug and more people would enjoy group hardmodes, going out, and just meeting other people for groups but due to the high price of repairs its not like this. Many try to avoid pugging all togeather where others will only group with pugs they know. Things in the pug community would be much better if people didnt need to worry about blowing 50k+ on repairs doing group hardmodes

People being people is more of a reason for others avoiding grouping with other people than potentially large repair bills.

Remember when the game went live and there were people starting threads complaining about there being no death penalties in this game?

And now, we come full circle as people now post that repair bills FROM DIEING, are killing them and the community.

All this constant complaining about everything is Bioware's Kobayashi Maru. They are going to complain regardless.

The point is, i wanna pug, i wanna group with the noobs, i don't mind wiping.......but i know if i lfg for a pug i might as well take 50k of my credits and destroy them........pugging for groups & trying to progress through raiding combined is just to much credits lost in my opinion, even doing dailys.

Raid for four hours, lose 100k-150k.........that expected, its raiding

Pugging ( grouping with noobs ) is another 50-100k loss........and its wrong.......the price of repairs forces people pretty much not nor want to pug.

ya.................guys......................i....................dont...................like.......spending ........money............or......time......making...............money...............i.........spend.......my..............time................typing................periods...........all............day.....................

..............:).....................

ya.................guys......................i....................dont...................like.......spending ........money............or......time......making...............money...............i.........spend.......my..............time................typing................periods...........all............day.....................

..............:).....................

If you're going to bother with poking fun at someone who uses too many ellipses, at least know what an ellipse first and so that you don't look quite so terrible and obnoxious doing it.

Edited by pursang

It seems as though the people in this thread havent raided much...

With the current state of Hardmode 8 and 16 mans...there is a very high chance that it will bug out making you wipe for a reason you cannot control. Now try doing that with content that needs to be learned and fine tuned to not hit enrage timers..you WILL wipe..even with a skilled group..it WILL happen. Running HM EV and Karaggas today i spent roughly 200-250k on repairs..now this isnt a ton of credits by any means..yes dailies offset that cost a lot, but if you do nothing but raid when you are online, theres not too much money making happening..and until crew missions will not pop up in the middle of a fight, im not about to send companions out and risk locking my UI up when the reward screen pops up.

I totally agree that they need to reduce repair costs..its great to have money pits in a game..but I dont agree that repairs should be one of them.

I don't think I've seen a single lfg on my server for raids. So I will instantly admit that I haven't done any raiding. I also am not really that interested to be honest. The repair bills are annoying, but at level 50 it's just about getting better gear so you can do more HM stuff to get better gear. That's lost its appeal to me in previous MMOs. So I am happy to just do dailies and level my alts. Endgame is sort of a black hole to me that doesn't actually drag me into it :) It's just there and I can't really be bothered. It seems a lot of hard work so you can do more hard work. It's ok from time to time but I don't get how people can do this all the time. But hey, to each their own.

I totally agree that they need to reduce repair costs..its great to have money pits in a game..but I dont agree that repairs should be one of them.

I do fully agree with this. The repair bills are manageable no doubt, but I would prefer more interesting money sinks than this.

With the current state of Hardmode 8 and 16 mans...there is a very high chance that it will bug out making you wipe for a reason you cannot control. Now try doing that with content that needs to be learned and fine tuned to not hit enrage timers..you WILL wipe..even with a skilled group..it WILL happen. Running HM EV and Karaggas today i spent roughly 200-250k on repairs..now this isnt a ton of credits by any means..yes dailies offset that cost a lot, but if you do nothing but raid when you are online, theres not too much money making happening..and until crew missions will not pop up in the middle of a fight, im not about to send companions out and risk locking my UI up when the reward screen pops up.

I've raided everything so far on nightmare except Soa since there is no reason to kill him on nightmare since his weapon drops are bugged anyway and the repairs are fine. Even if something does bug most times you can exit area and save the repair cost anyway. The only fight that is even remotely challenging is the bounty hunter fight in karagas palace. The rest are pretty much one shots.