[Story] Does the SI ever feel like... an inquisitor?

Sylriana

Only partway through the story, but so far I've spent virtually every mission chasing down relics buried in tombs and occasionally helping someone else do something underhanded and dastardly.

And the only lightside person I've had more than passing contact with is apparently incorruptible.

The class description refers to the Inquisitor as a ( paraphrasing ) master of "scheming politics and dark secrets" calling the SI a "manipulative genius" and "architect of the empire's future"

The storyline descriptions made it sound like the SI would be some evil mastermind.. instead I feel like a crappy evil Indiana Jones. Does this ever change? Or is it just going to remain a series of glorified fetch quests for vaguely defined artifacts of power?

There were only 1 moment when I feel like inquisitor (interrogator, conspirator, etc.):

quest on Korriban where you had to shock a guy to get a name.

And yes - "inquisitor" in SWTOR is more like evil adventurer-archeologist (Indiana Jones).

Pro-tip: Its an MMO. Hack/Slash and transport a package is all they can do.

But its not the begining that you should think about, its the whole story that matters

^^ --- Looks like shaping the empire, you don't actually do it while playing the game. Assume your character does it, without actually doing it (6 minutes in) and you end up on the council.

That's kind of pretty much it. The SI storyline is about power more than anything. The fact that Act 2 puts you 'on the run' limits your options for political manipulation, alas.

But at the end of the story you've amassed quite a powerbase and are in a strong position of leadership within the Empire, so perhaps they'll go back to that, but all the story really does is set the stage for political machinations and architect-ing the Empire's future. Still, I quite enjoyed it.

Pashgan is right in that there was only one real moment where I felt like an actual Inquisitor.