I don't raid so what am I suposed to do?

sevenstringking

Please, enlighten me. What is the fundamental difference between this game ans wow? You said you won't play wow ever again, but I don't know what it is that you're staying away from.

Lots of people play wow so its bad. People that dislike it are special snowflakes and their opinion matters...

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

SWG entered a marketplace where there were only a few million total players in the genre. SWG launched when at least half of those sites didn't even exist yet. GOTY awards are given out like candy since there's about 50 of them, now. It received a lot of its negative press only after they pulled the major blunder that is thinking theyc could force people to play a game by launching a new one onto an already existing player-base. The fact they did so approximately a week after releasing a new expansion which featured rewards for classes that were entirely removed from the game might have had something to do with that...

Two important truths of MMO development were learned from this:

"You can only launch once"

"You design for the community you have, not the community you wish you had"

Both of which are very relevant to TOR. Let's not forget that many people put the blame for SWG's later issues squarely on LucasArts. Please take a moment to scan the logos at the bottom of the website carefully.

SWG won its first Coaster of the Year, the Year it launched...it won its second one when JTLS was launched and it's third when Rage of the Wookiee (I still laugh at that title) was launched....yes some of those sites weren't around but GOTY awards did exist and SWG didn't win any of them because it was a failed game at launch.... folks had left in droves before the CU or NGE...SWG was sinking so they tried the CU and NGE and as hard as it was to believe they could do worse they actually did.

A lot of people blame Lucasarts a lot of people blame the Trilateral commission for JFK's death......a lot of people are "mistaken" to put it politely.

The fact is SWTOR is a hit SWG wasn't.....SWG has a emu for folks who just can't let go...but for some reason the need for some kind of messed up revenge from the cult of goofygirl is still happening..even though it has been over.

:rolleyes:

Edited by Jett-Rinn

It's just strange, I left WoW because of the lack of open world..there was nothing to do, everybody sat in their home cities and queued for Battlegrounds or did raids with their guild, there wasn't much reason to leave the city aside from daily quests.

This is why I left WoW, because I had hoped that SWTOR being a game designed by well known RPG makers would understand that players enjoy living and breathing environments in their MMOs but instead I find myself sitting of the Imperial Fleet and remembering the open world that I once took for granted with WoW even if nobody used it. :(

The game you're looking for was GW2 then, not swtor... you'll have to wait a little longer i guess.

The game you're looking for was GW2 then, not swtor... you'll have to wait a little longer i guess.

I have played GW2....and while I love the game and plan to buy it...it isn't as much of a living breathing world as folks think...they do some cleaver things but it isn't anything genre breaking.

I have played GW2....and while I love the game and plan to buy it...it isn't as much of a living breathing world as folks think...they do some cleaver things but it isn't anything genre breaking.

Better than what WoW or TOR have to offer im guessing...

I agree too with this. Its like buying a car but without an engine. Oh, you wanted an engine with that car?? Well, its new and pretty and the stereo sounds great. Maybe in a year or so we'll add an engine for you. Never mind all the other companies made cars with engines.... If you follow what I'm saying here.

Frankly I could do with less story at each and every quest. It would have stayed fresher if the npc's, talking for what sometimes feels like forever, just to get a simple quest might have been better just to limit that to the class quest and more effort put into other options.

SWG spoiled me to space quest, achievements and being able to do the harder quest with friends. Having different ships you could fly and building parts for the ship allowed people actually have different stats on the ship. SWTOR once you hit 50 and can buy all the upgrades everyones ship is the same. Plus at 50 what does it matter. I'm level 45 and get a big 5xp on missions and I'm so tired of all the lower level gray quest and not high enough level to buy the last upgrades to be able to complete the harder missions.

Crafting -- what crafting?? The crafted armor/weapons seem from what I've seen aren't the best in the game and they should be. It gives crafters something to make money on and a reason to craft. But you don't actually craft either. You just throw money at companions and poof there you go. I'd much rather go out and get the materials myself and make the item myself. Oh, the fun of surveying till you got the highest percent on a resource and putting down a harverster, collecting it and going back to my crafting hall to created the best I could to stock my store with. SWG crafting, the best in any game, ever.

Things that should have been in the game from the beginning -- fishing, hunting (meat, hides, bone), cooking, quest to get decorations to put in your ship although I'd have preferred a home. There was so much that could have been done to allow people to craft items and sell them. Craft the speeders not buy them, craft furniture, deeds for houses. Being able to explore the planets and actually finding something besides walls or mountains that won't let you pass.

Those are just a few things that came to mind to do between questing and at the end of game for those that don't pvp and raid.

That was an analogy fail up top...you guys are whining about features missing. So its like buying a car without little windshield wipers on the headlights. In your anology the games engine would be the engine, which if I'm not mistaken did in fact come with the game.

That was an analogy fail up top...you guys are whining about features missing. So its like buying a car without little windshield wipers on the headlights. In your anology the games engine would be the engine, which if I'm not mistaken did in fact come with the game.

Woohoo it has an engine! And not just any engine, HeroEngine. The best money could buy.

Hello all,

We do appreciate and encourage constructive feedback of all kinds, both positive and negative. There are a couple of threads we have that are great places to give your thoughts and opinions on bugs and suggestions of features you would like to see in game. We are going to close this thread and encourage you to add your constructive feedback to one of the following threads:

The Ultimate Bug List

The Suggestion Compilation

Thank you for understanding!