Shadow damage as high as scoundrel? (video)

Miffen

Is it just me or are Shadows flying under the radar due to being a bit more complex class? I have lots of high level pvp experience and feel like once you get a hang of this class the damage is borderline overpowered. Yes I am talking about my own class and want the game to be balanced. I feel the nerf of operatives is unfair, the class requires much less to use to its full potential and that is why it has been targetted much harder.

I recorded the last game I played here, you can judge yourself:

*** EDIT ****

If you look at 00:50 , 3400 + 350 damage, 00:52 3592 damage , 00:53 2487 hit and then 5k damage finisher at 00:54

that is a total of roughly 15k in 4seconds flat.

Remember we can stun for 6 seconds with knockdown and force stun. I will add more videos of this later.

*** EDIT ****

Edited by Miffen

The problem with Shadow/Assassin is that the guy carrying a double bladed lightsaber apparently is a huge target. Even though you hear people talk about every class that isn't you is totally overpowered, for some reason everyone still finds the time to turn around to kill you compared to any number of super powerful classes that supposedly kills you in 3 hits. Therefore, Shadow/Assassin suffer an unreasonable number of deaths and our numbers look worse. In fact, we really should be dying less than the average simply because nobody actually thinks we're overpowered, so you'd think they'll go after the Ops/Sorc/Commando/whatever first over us. Yet the double bladed lightsaber must look pretty menancing even if you're in theory getting 4 shot by Tracer Missiles.

Is it just me or are Shadows flying under the radar due to being a bit more complex class? I have lots of high level pvp experience and feel like once you get a hang of this class the damage is borderline overpowered. Yes I am talking about my own class and want the game to be balanced. I feel the nerf of operatives is unfair, the class requires much less to use to its full potential and that is why it has been targetted much harder.

I recorded the last game I played here, you can judge yourself:

Please go away, i play Shadow and it's most gimped class i have played. We need buff not nerf.

The problem with Shadow/Assassin is that the guy carrying a double bladed lightsaber apparently is a huge target. Even though you hear people talk about every class that isn't you is totally overpowered, for some reason everyone still finds the time to turn around to kill you compared to any number of super powerful classes that supposedly kills you in 3 hits. Therefore, Shadow/Assassin suffer an unreasonable number of deaths and our numbers look worse. In fact, we really should be dying less than the average simply because nobody actually thinks we're overpowered, so you'd think they'll go after the Ops/Sorc/Commando/whatever first over us. Yet the double bladed lightsaber must look pretty menancing even if you're in theory getting 4 shot by Tracer Missiles.

I think we have so many escapes that even if you are the target you should be on any average warzone get away 70% of the time. Choose your battles wisely. This is what I mean. The class is quite complex and your answer just gives me more proof of what I already knew.

Once people master the class and other classes they will see that the nerf on scoundrels / operatives was unjustified and only there cause the class is piss easy to pull of big numbers.

Edited by Miffen

Strange that an assassin should actually kill folks...

at 29 my highest SS hit was for a little over 4k.

It gets over 3 often enough.

I didn't see anything in the video outside of what i see.

shadows are just easier to play then a sentinel for instance.

decent range and some big melee hits.

My sent had a high DPS but no burst and PvP is really all about burst.

I think we have so many escapes that even if you are the target you should be on any average warzone get away 70% of the time. Choose your battles wisely. This is what I mean. The class is quite complex and your answer just gives me more proof of what I already knew.

Once people master the class and other classes they will see that the nerf on scoundrels / operatives was unjustified and only there cause the class is piss easy to pull of big numbers.

Because we have no meaningful stealth DPS opener, vanish is basically waving the white flag. It's not like you'll vanish and come back with a Hidden Strike like an Op to turn the fight around. All you're doing is running away and it's usually faster to just die so you come back with a full life bar because someone will probably find you anyway and then kill you.

Operative nerf has nothing to do with how strong they're overall (they're not) but that a class that can often instantly remove a character makes objective-based WZs very difficult to play in a meaningful way. For example, if the Op removed your ball carrier, that kind of stops your entire game plan there so far as winning goes.

that lvl 30 experience.

And you obviously kept track of the sidebar cooldown i was popping before each engage? Or did you just look at animations? Cause that is where the trick with the class comes into play. Time stuff right to get maximum damage with battle readiness build ups of project, force potency, trinkets, biochem, resilience to vanish properly so you can kick from stealth to interrupt healers, switch guard to shadow and back, all the taunting i did to reduce all the enemy team players damage. I do not notice many shadows do things like this.

What I am trying to say is. Some classes are more complex, some aren´t as complex. Once a class is used well (and i do not claim i use it perfectly, but well enough) that´s when nerfs should be decided. Not based on how easy it is to do stuff... (aka scoundrel nerf)

Edited by Miffen

Indeed.

OK so at about 8:17 in the video there is a spot where she does about 10k of damage under 10 secs. that is pretty impressive.

Gear issues?

If you look at 00:50 , 3400 + 350 damage, 00:52 3592 damage , 00:53 2487 hit and then 5k damage finisher at 00:54

that is a total of 15k in 4seconds flat.

that is a total of 15k in 4seconds flat.

YEAH BUT THOSE ARE LUCKY CHAIN CRITS! I can do same with my sorcerer if i crit right, dont forget this fool.

YEAH BUT THOSE ARE LUCKY CHAIN CRITS! I can do same with my sorcerer if i crit right, dont forget this fool.

Force potency pushed with 33% base crit and 60% added... Dont forget that fool. With set bonus that is 3 guaranteed crits. So the luck is out of the calculation

And you obviously kept track of the sidebar cooldown i was popping before each engage? Or did you just look at animations? Cause that is where the trick with the class comes into play. Time stuff right to get maximum damage with battle readiness build ups of project, force potency, trinkets, biochem, resilience to vanish properly so you can kick from stealth to interrupt healers, switch guard to shadow and back, all the taunting i did to reduce all the enemy team players damage. I do not notice many shadows do things like this.

What I am trying to say is. Some classes are more complex, some aren´t as complex. Once a class is used well (and i do not claim i use it perfectly, but well enough) that´s when nerfs should be decided. Not based on how easy it is to do stuff... (aka scoundrel nerf)

I get top medals all the time with my shadow.

the protection medals and 2.5k damage medals are just easy to get.

Generally i have my rotation set to try and setup things whenever i can.

chase em. force slow. force breech. SS. mind control. SS. throw rocks. That gets their attention generally.

I pop mind control whenever possible.

I get ~5k protection most every match.

Im inf spec so i don't use guard often. You have the double rock action which i believe means you dont use guard either.

sticking people in the back seems to be pretty easy.

People don't single me out for attack often. I have had it happen a couple time but it felt more like revenge then purpose.

you dont seem to be a primary target in the video. likely because you run in stealthed and choose targets. Which I think is the way stealth should work rather than massive damage out of stealth.

Indeed.

OK so at about 8:17 in the video there is a spot where she does about 10k of damage under 10 secs. that is pretty impressive.

Gear issues?

I do that much damage easily with my cds popped on cloth. That requires a 3 min cd, a 2 min cd, a 1:15 cd.

Edited by Nocorras