sick of 'forced' pvp...

DarkJediSage

always hated pvp...chose rp server to avoid but there are pvp zones embedded in the story lines...

low and behold lv50 shadows hide mob handed and gank

not angry...just mildly annoyed the flawed pvp system spoils a great game...

pity it's being exploited in this manner.

• 3 months later...
I haven't either, but my dad mentioned he had to go through the PvP zone on Tattooine for a class quest. He's a smuggler.

yep u have pass thru it , and of course there are fools there waiting to pounce and gank u

yep u have pass thru it , and of course there are fools there waiting to pounce and gank u

I'm calling this ********.

Just finished Tat, and what you Dad most likely did was walk through the world PvP zone instead of take the side path into the Dune Sea.

there is not one thing that forces pvp in this game. The quest to find the open world pvp on Tat just requires you to walk in, and then right back out, you dont even have to flag. Now if you went in there wandering around its your own fault for getting jumped. Otherwise go around, more then one pass thru the mountains in that area. Edited by rothchilds

If you are playing on a PvE server don't you have to flag yourself before other people can even attack you? I rolled on a PvP server cause that's what I like and I ran into maybe 3 members of the opposite faction on my entire way to lvl 50. If anything they made the game to carebearish. Even on a PvP server the quests rarely if ever overlap into the opposite factions territory. I'm gonna have to go with what the guy before me said and call bs...

I've only done half the story modes so far, but on those i've finished so far you never have to go through a PvP zone during the story quests, class or general questlines.

There is a problem with the map where it sometimes tells you to go through the enemy camp on the way to your quests, if it's closer than your side's. That isn't the same thing; you just need to be aware of it and go thru the longer way.

on the other hand... i'm greatly disappointed that the +41 yellow crystal schematics for PvE stats (endurance, crit and power) are only on the PvP vendor.

I would be fine if it was only the Expertise version, but I hate that I would have to run PvP to get the PvE ones.

EDIT: even trying to explore everything you can avoid getting flagged for PvP, but you do have to be careful and sometimes skirt the other side's areas until you find it on the map.

Edited by Daefaroth

If you are playing on a PvE server don't you have to flag yourself before other people can even attack you? I rolled on a PvP server cause that's what I like and I ran into maybe 3 members of the opposite faction on my entire way to lvl 50. If anything they made the game to carebearish. Even on a PvP server the quests rarely if ever overlap into the opposite factions territory. I'm gonna have to go with what the guy before me said and call bs...

On a PvE server ( which I'm On) if i cut through say outlaws den, or anyother PvP area it warns me that i will be flaged as PvP and if i proceed and get flaged, i then remain flagged as PvP until i get to a safe zone and remain there for aprox. 5 minutes. So maybe it wasn't BS, and just someone not knowing that they would remain flagged upon exiting an area.

Funny you said the game is too "carebearish" becouse you only ran into maybe 3 members of the opposite faction, question, what stopped you from actively seek out the opposite faction on your way to 50, I'm sure if you had you'ld have seen more than 3, unless your sever is that dead. On my PvE server i can go into the other factions territories freely (on most planets), I do it all the time

always hated pvp...chose rp server to avoid but there are pvp zones embedded in the story lines...

I sympathise with you. As a pvper on a pvp server though I take exception to the fact that throughout my levelling experience 80% of the time was in zones were I would never see an enemy player. At best I saw a dozen enemy players between Tatooine and Voss.

Im all for not forcing players into pvp on pve servers, but on pvp servers there should be ample opportunity for open pvp from atleat level 10 onwards.

I went through Tatooine on my smuggler and never had to go through some PVP area.. I have no clue what people are talking about.. You do have to go though an imperial base, but that doesn't flag you PVP.. I went through the base twice, never got flagged..

Ilum turned off, no ranked pvp, fleets not raidable, no cross server WZ, 4mini WZ and thats all what i see from PVP and people still complain about PVP... This game is allready more than enough carebearish, i m playing on Tomb of Freedon Nadd and i rarely meet anyone from opposite faction.

Are you on a RP-PVP server or RP-PvE? on RP-PvE there is no point at the time where you get forced to PvP.

There is a problem with the map where it sometimes tells you to go through the enemy camp on the way to your quests, if it's closer than your side's. That isn't the same thing; you just need to be aware of it and go thru the longer way.

Yeah on the map it can show the closest way (which can indeed sometime take you right through an enemy camp), but there's always another way around.

Same with the very few PvP zones, yeah you can cut through them, but you can just go around them too.

Dunno why the OP thinks he's being "forced" into anything. :confused:

Rubbish - I've got a Smuggler and three other Republic characters who have been through Tatooine and up to now, when I read about it in this thread, I'd never even noticed the existence of the PvP zone at all.

I found taking part in the warzones was forced PvP aswell. I don't get a kick out of MMO PvP, out of all PvP in MMO's I played I only really enjoyed the arenas in WoW.

But here well what other options were there but to que up for them? Wait/look for a FP group? Ah yes while I am at it, the cutscenes should not be in hardmode FP's. Before I unsubbed I think HM BT took us about 30 minutes to complete of which 15 minutes of pressing the spacebar. Why do you think it is so hard to find people to do HM FP's with? Because they are fun to do on a regular basis?

SO yes then you que up for a wz... Which you can't even choose so 90% of time you are playing hutball against people from the same faction.

Edited by Xrayll

There used to be one heroic quest in the republic bonus series on Nar Shaddaa that led through a PVP zone no matter what route you took, but a recent patch note said that was fixed. But even before that you could avoid the flag by sprinting through the zone.

But yes on Tatooine there is a way around the PVP zone to get to the SW corner from the republic side. I found it with an internet search :)

Funny you said the game is too "carebearish" becouse you only ran into maybe 3 members of the opposite faction, question, what stopped you from actively seek out the opposite faction on your way to 50, I'm sure if you had you'ld have seen more than 3, unless your sever is that dead. On my PvE server i can go into the other factions territories freely (on most planets), I do it all the time

The Imperial and Republic rarely cross paths and I didn't run into any missions that promoted me to go into the other side. With that being said I did actively seek out the other side and have ended up with a total of 41 PvP matches since this game has started. World PvP is very difficult even when you are trying to engage in it. Most of those World PvP battles happened during a two hour time frame when the Rakghoul event was ending.

The game is way to "Carebearish" and by catering to the minority of "No PvP ever at anyime!" screamers they have ostracized the majority who wouldn't have minded a little risk every now and then.

To me the PvP Servers should just be relabeled PvE. World PvP isn't supposed to be travel 15 minutes and camp outside a base in the hopes you get lucky and find a battle. I didn't join this game to gank noobs and I don't want to. To me that is in the same boat as griefing.

You can't please everybody all of the time but you should try to please the majority most of the time.