Reverse Engineering Bug

SkybladeDarkstar

While reverse engineering Redoubt items (themselves discovered by reverse engineering base items), I have encountered a recurring bug with the Reverse Engineering process. I will reverse engineer the item, and get told "You already know that schematic".

First, I would like to point out that the game never displays this message any other time. If you buy and use a schematic that you already know, the game will display the message "You learned the Schematic for [X]", as happy as can be, it doesn't care that you wasted it.

Second, it will show up even if you don't know any other Reverse Engineered recipes from that item, and it only seems to show up when reverse engineering Redoubt items. This leads me to believe that this is the game trying to give the Defense + Alacrity combination, which is currently believed to be glitched and unlearnable, and having a bug in the code preventing it from properly being learned, and returning the error message instead.

Please fix this, it is annoying, and very surprising/confusing when it happens the first time.

Interesting. I must admit I've only gotten that "You already know that schematic" once, and it did, in fact, come from REing a redoubt item.

That being said, so far I've *always* gotten the +surge one from REing overkill or critical, and that's the one I want anyways for my DPS companion, so I've never had reason or incentive to keep trying to RE overkill or critical after the first success.

(actually by pure chance, all my DPS pieces I wanted to take to T2 were overkill, so I've never even RE'd a critical at all, though I'm fine with either critical or power stuff for my DPS's.)

I should point out though, that when I sent in the "you already know that schematic" as a bug, the response was it's working as intended, and getting the proper schematic is supposed to be hard/difficult.

Also, the RE process is different for the click to learn process, so it wouldn't be all that surprising if the error messages were different.

I should point out though, that when I sent in the "you already know that schematic" as a bug, the response was it's working as intended, and getting the proper schematic is supposed to be hard/difficult.

Also, the RE process is different for the click to learn process, so it wouldn't be all that surprising if the error messages were different.

This is true, but I would also like to stress that I have never received this message any other time, and I do my best to RE as many items as possible, even to useless combinations, and even spare items once I have learned all recipes (to get mats back). It only comes from REing Redoubts, and I have found it multiple times.

Since REing Redoubt items is also the only mid tier item type that doens't RE into 5 different top tiers, I concluded that it was a logical conclusion that it was a bug, and reported it as such, so that it can be looked into, specifically with the Defense + Alacrity pairing in mind.

Thanks for the info though, the more data, the better. :)

Interesting. I must admit I've only gotten that "You already know that schematic" once, and it did, in fact, come from REing a redoubt item.

That being said, so far I've *always* gotten the +surge one from REing overkill or critical, and that's the one I want anyways for my DPS companion, so I've never had reason or incentive to keep trying to RE overkill or critical after the first success.

(actually by pure chance, all my DPS pieces I wanted to take to T2 were overkill, so I've never even RE'd a critical at all, though I'm fine with either critical or power stuff for my DPS's.)

Funny, I've had exactly the opposite happen. I usually get Critical to RE first. On the light armor tanking items however, I have had issues with the Redoubt items. I have yet to see "You already know that schematic" but I have RE dozens of lvl 49 T1s to no avail.

I wish I got the +surge or +alacrity everytime first. Unfortunately, I seem to almost ALWAYS get the +presence first.

Oh how I hate RE a T3 piece only to get +presence. What a useless stat.

I too got it on a Redoubt, and I am now thinking it MUST be because there is a missing 5th purple schematic for Redoubt items no one has ever found. I assume the bug is that the system tries to give you the 5th missing one, and instead repeats the one you already know, which was General in my case.

I've had this happen to me once yesterday. I got "You already know that schematic." when RE'ing a level 25 Critical rifle. Not sure about the Redoubt bug but CS response was basically that any schematic you get is random INCLUDING ones you already know.

"Regarding on your concern, on reverse engineering you are able to acquire schematics of that particular item randomly and that is a part of the game mechanic itself."

At least thats what I took from their response, which then pointed me to the forums.

Pretty frustrating that my chances at schematics include ones I already know... I seem to be pretty unlucky at learning schematics period as its taken me about 80 crafts/re's to learn 1 epic grade 3 mat weapon, bearing in mind that the skill is maxed.

Crafting could use some tuning up IMO.