Should I play this class?

EddySpeddy

I've been wanting to play the Sith Warrior class (Most likely as a Jugg), however all my friend's keep telling me not to bother, because it's completely useless in any sort of PVE situation after about level 40, which I'd assume would kinda make it hard to do questing.

Now the companion I wanted to use was Jaese Willsaam, however from what I've been told I can't use her past 35-40, as you just die without heal spec at that stage.

So my questions are:

Is there anyway to keep Jaese all the way to level 50 without being completely destroyed?

Is it true that the Sith/Jugg class is completely useless in PVE situations late game?

If this is true, is Bioware fixing these issues currently?

And is it worth playing the class, based on the fact I want to use that companion?

Thanks for any feedback c:

Alot of people seem to think the jug is useless late game tanking as it has hardly any aoe threat which is true the class does lack in that department but single target tanking like for bosses its a great class, not sure about dps in pve as i haven't tried myself but i would like to add also quite a fun class in the rage spec for pvp

Remember, there are probably just as many players who would tell you the Jugg is just fine, from 1-50. Try the class for 15 levels or so. Remember that SW is not designed to be the sole threat/target of every mob the party comes across. This game doesn't adhere religiously to the trinity like other MMOs do, so most of us (well, except the Sorc and BH players) are having to adapt to our classes.

But that's the fun...learning how to play effectively and not just spam the same two/three abilities over and over again...booooooooooring...

About your question on Jaesa. I actually used her all the way to 50 after I got her at 30. I used Quinn a couple times when I needed to fight double star elites. I wasn't tank spec either, so it's true I had to heal after two groups of mobs. But that was okay bcuz we killed could kill them pretty fast. Also another factor was that I was always at least 2-3 lvls higher then what was recommended, so I am not sure how it would be if you were underleveled. Anyway hope that helps

(well, except the Sorc and BH players)

But that's the fun...learning how to play effectively and not just spam the same two/three abilities over and over again...booooooooooring...

Bounty Hunter and 3 buttons? Have I missed something? I'm pretty sure Powertech needs 6 for regular DPS and 3 situational ones, atleast in my Spec.