Operative or Juggernaught for pvp

dreadkhan

Ive been delaying my decision to proceed with my Juggernaut(Rage) or my Operative(conceal), both are 30. Could use some advice from the 50 pvp'ers.

I spend half of my time playing with a group (sorc, mara, pt) and half solo.

I enjoy the mobility and wide array of skills on jugg, along with the aoe dmg from smash and feel it has a higher skill cap. This class feels ******, but im learning that as strictly melee, i need to avoid alot of battles where im outnumbered, whereas with OP i can pick one off then skate out.

I enjoy the raw single target dps and the general strategy of stealth/cc/healing that operative gives, but the lack of mobility sucks. being able to escape battles through vanish or flash bang and heal up is great. I really only use 5-6 skills, and feel theres a lower skill limit here. I also question the mid-long range effectiveness of OP in high levels, currently i do decent ranged dps if i need to.

In general, i seem to enjoy my jug better in premade, and my OP better in pug. I'm expecting jugg to scale better than op at 50, but its also nice playing a lesser played class.

Thoughts?

I can't comment on Operatives. Smash is a cheese ability, not to be mean but I am amazed that anyone thinks doing 2/3 of your damage with one CD is anything but super boring and faceroll. There are aspects of the class that definitely require some fast fingers and a degree of thinking ahead though.

I am pretty biased because I generally play Warrior classes in PVP. On the caveat that I don't really know much about Ops but think they are fine - I would say Juggernaut has a lot of room for fun group play. I do wish they would spread the damage across a few more abilities instead of having it basically all tied up in Smash, but these things change all the time in MMOs.