BW had multiple MMO's to model after and....

Torothin

What server/guild. I'm kinda of curious about all these 50's you speak of and how long they been 50. Our guild cleared out the ops in under week, and we are by no means hard core. I'm really curious how they are having fun at 50.

PvP=joke

PvE=joke

Maybe your guild knows of some content hidden under some rock we dont though.

Twileks = joke.

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I lol'd at first, then I remembered my STO account had been hijacked by magic monkeys. It was a bad few weeks. I wish to point this out so you are less offensive to others who may have yet to solve their magic monkey problem..

They are so sneaky the made STO seem acceptable enough to warrant a subscription.

beware its not happening to you now on here!

LOl, nice!

What server/guild. I'm kinda of curious about all these 50's you speak of and how long they been 50. Our guild cleared out the ops in under week, and we are by no means hard core. I'm really curious how they are having fun at 50.

PvP=joke

PvE=joke

Maybe your guild knows of some content hidden under some rock we dont though.

Just bugging me and I have to say it, but if you had read what you quoted you would know that he said his guild had around 50 people, not that there were level 50's in it.

LOLOLOLOLOLOL

Cutest thing I've seen posted in awhile.

Calling Swtor different just never gets old; it's always funny.

your sub didnt run out, or why are you still here? gonna use the "bought late" excuse?

Edited by Amethyriel

You can go back to WoW then.

I understand the linear style but Cataclysm was actually pretty linear for WoW standards. The combat animations of SWTOR are excellent. I think you're mistaking that for ability-delay, which has been resolved now.

What's terrible with the PvP?

The auction house is missing a few features but we're getting them soon.

You need reading comprehension. I never said i wanted WoW. I said in response to what i quoted that i would have been happier if it were WoW with the voice-acting, story, and Star Wars.

No, the ability delay has not been fixed. Go play a Sage and tell me if you're INSTANT cast spells are landing INSTANTLY. Last time i casted Project, that wasn't the case. This causes all kinds of problems when you can get an instant cast spell interrupted, especially when it's mirror class doesn't have the same problem. If you really want to see that it's not fixed as well, go play a Commando. Cast Mortar. You can clearly see that the cast bar starts moving but the spell doesn't start firing for a full second or two later. The cast bar finishes and yet your player is still finishing up his casting animation.

You can be a fan boy all you want, but to tell me that the animation problem is resolved is grossly naive.

PvP is a lag fest for most people still. The maps are poorly designed. The different objective maps have all been beaten to death already. The number of players in a WZ is entirely too small. All maps are too small and just promote zerging with no other real strategies. I could go on and on if you would like...

What killed this game for me was simple stuff like...

To much loading everywhere

Planets are pretty but that's it. NPC's, mobs, everything, its all standing there not doing anything. People don't walk on the street. No one wondering in the world, species not attacking other species.

Exploration is pointless, apart from having to jump 50 boxes to get into a datacron.

Missions, voiced as if the apocalypse is coming and then you get there and its just 3 silly mobs underground poisening 3 square meters of korn. Not enough to feed one person, imagine an entire vilage.

Missions about disarming bombs that the bad guys are secretly putting in boxes in the streets and inocent people dies cause of it. You go there and there's no people in the street and its all full packed of gangs of bad guys. Why put bombs if they own the place. There's no people to save... its no secret.. they ARE there. etcs

Outlvling entire planets cause I made 3 space missions and 2 pvp missions, so I gain a lvl. Then I want the pvp gear cause its 3000 better than the gear from missions... so I get 2 more lvls. Bang, planet outlvled.

Bad performance game. Don't fool me with the minimum specc crap. Game dont recognize the simple press of a button sometimes. I need press CALMLY 5 times a button for the game to execute it. No its not fps, no its not a crap computer, its bad mechanic, badly thinked and terrible coded.

Sci-Fi theme and I'm walking all around till lvl 14, then sudenly my muscles got bigger so I can run faster. Then i'm offered a freakin space ship but need wait till lvl 25 so I can have a cheap, ugly freakin slow vehicle. When I'm able to blow dozens of ships in space with my freakin uber space ship.

Go there kill this and return to me again mission crap.. so 90's. What are holocalls for dudes and a mail box? Contact me via holo and send my mission reward to the mail you bastard.

Companions missions.. are conversations. Don't call it missions.

Costumer service. Worse ever...

Greedy atitude, blocking my account one day after buying the game, unless adding a credit card number. We dont even got a full month play time... its 30 days.

Devs ******** saying people have bad pc's when whats badly broken isnt about framerate. Its the game that is the broken.. again... game don't execute the command from a simple press of a button, sometimes :)

Anyway, good game to buy and play solo all classes, maybe some co-ops with 3 friends. Non subscription game.

If you want charge cash every month, you need make a new game. This one don't deserve it atm. Hopefully in the future, for you guys. Cause I'm out.

Playing a EVE trial and their hilarious crappy mission system atm, when I have 23 days left to play on SWTOR...should say how bored I am with this game.

But they didn't fail.....

Tons of people love this game. The few forum ragers cry loud enough to create the perception of lots of ragers but that's all it is.

There are improvements that could be made obviously. But this is far from a failure.

True enough, many people (not as many as projected however) love this game.

Personally when I see someone QQing about end game 2 things come to mind

1) Player clearly didnt care about the journey and this game has always been marketted for the journey

2) I dont care about end game personally. I get so tired of hearing PVPers QQ about stuff because every little change and design doesnt promote their form of playing. Same goes for Raiders. MMORPGs do not start at max level. WOW STARTED at max level. 1 in how many? The worst MMORPG (quality wise) ever made catered to the end game and now every person thinks all games need to. Insane!

HOWEVER, the OP obsession with end game aside, hes not wrong.

When I heard of Illum in Beta I was excited and Thrilled and only reason I didnt go was my buddy I played with 99% of time wasnt interested in it.

I had planned on spending great amounts of time at Illum in Release and then the whole exploit and PVP Gear and blah blah blah came out. Great, a PVP area ran by equipment rather then ability and full of ewxploitation.

I havent gone there once yet. Though I cant help but think daily how great DAoC RVR would be in this game. Get rid of the chests. Get rid of the personal gear. Make the rewards effect YOUR SIDE, YOUR FACTION, YOUR REALM. So players worked towards making their side better, not only themselves.

But BW missed the entire boat on that and whats offered doesnt hold any real interest to me. The Exploiters should be PERM BANNED OUTRIGHT. Not suspended, not warned, BANNED (and talking real meaning of word and not Blizzards "we have banned them for 3 days" nonsense)

EQ2 had amazing housing that would work amazingly well in our starships or in housing planetside.

EQ had meaningfull levels where you celebrated acheiveing every level and reaching max was a truely exciting moment in time well earned.

Rift had public groups with community based encounters that brought the player base TOGATHER (something severely lacking in TOR from the 3 retail servers Ive played on now) that was a almost perfect fit for TOR. Even when playing RIFT, the first Rift event I hit I couldnt help but imagine this same event but with Imps and Sith attacking random areas of Republic held planets and zones.

List goes on and on about games not named WOW that revolutionalized the genre with their ideas and creativity that Bioware could have (and should have) borrowed from. And yet they didnt!

Im not one of the doomsayers who thinks the game will self destruct in a year like RIFT did. If it wasnt named Star Wars I would probably change that opinion but it is Star Wars and on strenght of SW franchise name this game will last 2-3 years before anyone even remotely seriously mentions F2P bussiness model. Maybe even longer if BW starts correcting all the bone headed mistakes in this version by doing updates and expansions correctly.

But this game will never reach the 5 million plus active and loyal subscription base it should have either.

Personally, I would be firing ALLOT of so called designers for some of the choices in this game for ignoring already designed and working concepts.

Its one thing to be creative and put forth a new design that fails. At least you tried something new.

But to not beg, borrow, steal the best and most productive design out there (that will best fit and enhance YOUR GAME) when you are copying someone else. Thats inexcusable to me.

I don't get the logic of the OP and those that think the same.

This is BioWare's first MMO. BioWare has no previous experience to draw from. They are having to invent the wheel for themselves. They cannot simply steal code from other MMO's. What they WANT to implement and what they CAN implement at this time are probably two different things. I believe, however, that they have a solid foundation to build from.

I really don't know what some others were expecting out of this game. Perhaps my expectations were lower. Either way, I am happy with the game, for now -- especially since BioWare seems to be continually evolving and patching SWTOR.

What's frustrating is the sheer amount of MMO talent working with BW Austin. There are devs in that studio who worked on everything from Anarchy Online, to SWG, to DaOC, to WAR. All of which brought unique and varied features to the industry. And like the TC said...this is what they produced? :confused:

You need reading comprehension. I never said i wanted WoW. I said in response to what i quoted that i would have been happier if it were WoW with the voice-acting, story, and Star Wars.

No, the ability delay has not been fixed. Go play a Sage and tell me if you're INSTANT cast spells are landing INSTANTLY. Last time i casted Project, that wasn't the case. This causes all kinds of problems when you can get an instant cast spell interrupted, especially when it's mirror class doesn't have the same problem. If you really want to see that it's not fixed as well, go play a Commando. Cast Mortar. You can clearly see that the cast bar starts moving but the spell doesn't start firing for a full second or two later. The cast bar finishes and yet your player is still finishing up his casting animation.

You can be a fan boy all you want, but to tell me that the animation problem is resolved is grossly naive.

PvP is a lag fest for most people still. The maps are poorly designed. The different objective maps have all been beaten to death already. The number of players in a WZ is entirely too small. All maps are too small and just promote zerging with no other real strategies. I could go on and on if you would like...

The animation problem is resolved for me. Sorry you're still experiencing it. PvP is sometimes a lag fest, I'll give you that. But the maps being beaten to death is an issue in any MMO. They don't release new maps every week. WoW had the same maps for years with new ones only being introduced in expansions. I don't get the small players/small maps. To me one would naturally offset the other. Also the strategizing is the same as WoW's. In Battle for Gilneas you shifted between 3 nodes to capture. In Strand of Ancients you dealt with 2 different pairs of gates to defend that converged to 1 goal. But I agree with some design improvements to the maps.

Thats fine, explain your logic?

A companion follows you around and helps you in combat. You tend to its like/dislike of you (like a hunter pets loyalty).

They replaced a simple mechanic with a plot based mechanic.

They gave the pet scripted dialog.

I'm not saying they didnt do a good job with them, but in the end, they are all hunter pets.

In fact to drive the point home, all companions in the game are one of X molds of companions that everyone gets.

Everyone gets a droid healer, another healer, a melee tank, a ranged tank, a ranged dps, and a melee dps.

They all have the same abilities, with different names.

The differences are they built a different skin for each, scripted a different plot and assign them to you at different parts in your progression.

You gain your 'pets' regardless of your choice, and your pets can never leave you (no mater how much they hate you(bad loyalty)).

Even if they hate you, they do nothing about it. I could make Ashara NUTS and hate me..she wont do anything. The reason why? She is a hunter pet.

At the very best I make them pleased with me, get a quest of no real consequence, have a romance scene (scripting) and whats the in game effect? They do missions faster....

After the first few level up to 50's its hard to get attached to a companion. The first time you get one its awesome, and yeah the second one is grand. After that though, its just dull I find.

I can put my 'pet' into passive or aggressive mode and change them out based off what I need (tank, healer, dps)...so its a better thought out pet system, but lets call an egg an egg.

People will say because of gear its no longer a pet, and its innovative.

I challenge them to tell me the difference, aside from crew skills (which takes away from the skills tbh, no feeling of earning anything) and Diablo 2 Mercs.

Nobody ever said it was, I believe. Personally, I happen to think thats a good thing and in keeping with the franchise.

I said that it wasn't, and that the fact that its not a 'hardcore' game is fine. The point of my post was that people shouldn't have to justify why they enjoy the game, so long as they were.

Jesus. ppl on this forum can spin doctor like champs.

I challenge them to tell me the difference, aside from crew skills (which takes away from the skills tbh, no feeling of earning anything) and Diablo 2 Mercs.

The dialogue you have with them is what sets them apart. They're part of your story.

And I feel crew skills give you the feeling of earning via the reward of bonuses that can be achieved and the improved versions you can unlock via reverse engineering.

I actually made a comment about myself and my personal experience as a gamer. You may want to look up what the word generalization means lol.

Hilarious.

fixed that for you. And just because that is your history with games doesn't mean it fits into the context of 'gamer' that my post implied.

generalize me, baby.

Well, you can talk to them. Get quests from them. get to know the backstory and the character. They also judge you, which a pet would never do. .

For freck sakes who cares what kind of employees they have or how many money this game has cost them. This is what we get, and many people like it despite its imperfection.

If you dont like this game and think it has fundamental flaws than i suggest you leave because I doubt it will fundamentally change.

If you dont like this game because of less fundamental flaws there is the suggestion box and for specific factors the general forum.

What could ever be the use of discussing what this game could or should have been fundamentally???

All that ends the second you hit 50. No more plot, quest, options or character development. Finito.

And frankly after the first time you level up a character, and you realize that those choices are actually shallow and have no real effect on your plot, you will learn to start space-baring through quests.

The 'illusion' of your personal plot is jut that. Your not in control here, your just going down a very set in stone path bioware wrote up for your toon, and threw in a few choices for you which in the end, are of no consequence because the end of every personal plot is (spoilers) THE SAME....

BW does a great job between levels 1-49 and fooling you into thinking its a single player game and getting you attached, then you hit 50, and you are dumped out of fun part of the game, like a water slide, into a pool full of fat people that dont know what to do.

This EXACTLY! how I feel.

The Class story was great and I enjoyed it a lot.....then it ended and I went to Illum.

Illum is just a planet where you go kill 10 rats over and over and over again, I actually felt heartbroken and logged out to watch TV when this happened and didnt really play for the rest of that weekend.

I'm getting sick of one thing. SWTOR is a WoW clone. No it's not and if you need a proof, look up clone on wikipedia. There are no Twileks and Jedi in Wow, and there are no Shaman or Night Elves in SWTOR. If it was a clone, Blizzard would be sueing Bioware on copyright infringment. By your argunment I'm a clone of some of you since we have so much in common.

Yes they have many thing in common. Yes they are same genura. Guess what by your argument Sonic is a clone of Mario, Quake is clone of Doom, and World of Warcraft is a clone to Everqest

As for the compain being a pet. First no, Hunters could not equip their pets. Trust me it was something many hunters did want. Hunter pets did not go and get resources. Yes there a lot in common. Which must mean BLIZZARD STOLE IT FROM BIOWARE. You do know that compain were in KOTOR. There you had two active one. So I guess mean Blizzard steal stuff to.

Yes there lots of problems. Some they have stated they are working like the UI and combat. Several is more unquie, like did anybody really care which side had the better story; the Horde or the Alliance. Which one had the cooler looking abilities. That said if you think the story here shallow, then WoW was bone dry. Here I can tell somebody how patientic they are that I have to take their mission. I know why my character is doing something. Even why my character is at that warzone.

WoW, I could never say "ok I'll go get your these boar, why am I getting you tusk again, you fool." And why did my Nightelf care about a stinking Orc flag again.

This game has lots of problem. Some small some large. Some they are working on and some they can get to early. Other may take an expansion to deal with if they ever. Right now they are only little over a month. Give them time. Or not and leave. Guild War 2 will be out in 6 to 12 month for you to play and complain how it's a clone to WoW, and didn't meet all your expectation. If you have an issue with this game, be constructive so they can be fixed, or shut up.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.