So I took part in kill trading today for the first time...

Jooji

There's been some really broken pvp mechanics in WoW over the years but this one tops them all.

Deliberately trading kills back and forth?

Why is it taking you so long to fix this BW?

If you want to compete with WoW and other games you need to be much faster about fixing nonsense like this. This could have been fixed last patch..but it didn't.

Edited by Jooji

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Just curious, how would you fix this?

This.

If people want to communicate & co-ordinate with enemies they will and BW can't stop them.

Sure, they could stop /say being readable by enemies, but how does that stop logging alts on the other faction, using unofficial forums, using VOIP, etc?

It doesn't happen on my server (not when I'm there @ peak time anyway), players choose to do it, BW doesn't make them.

Second question: Why were you motivated to take part in this?

I think the answer to both questions would be helpful to Bioware shoudl they choose to read the answers.

I'm motivated to do this so I stay on even ground in terms of gear.

This kill trading is pathetic.

The only way a pvp zone like this works is you instance it like Tol Barad in WoW, or just remove all rewards from it and keep it how it is.

Edited by Jooji

You make actual meaningful and fun objectives and make rezzing not so easy.

In a game where getting back from being dead has zero penalty, why not die on purpose?

In WAR I never saw this happen, at least not on my server. It was an issue of pride, but also if they other team ever went back on the deal or started fighting back, you had alot to lose as a faction, and personally. Dying and having to run back to a keep was rough, especially if the opposing team was guarding all the doors. In DAOC forget it, dying was awful in a keep raid.

You make actual meaningful and fun objectives and make rezzing not so easy.

In a game where getting back from being dead has zero penalty, why not die on purpose?

In WAR I never saw this happen, at least not on my server. It was an issue of pride, but also if they other team ever went back on the deal or started fighting back, you had alot to lose as a faction, and personally. Dying and having to run back to a keep was rough, especially if the opposing team was guarding all the doors. In DAOC forget it, dying was awful in a keep raid.

Rezzing in WAR was actually ridiculously easy.

And in WAR the devs actually banned people for this if they caught them (albeit it required an actual Mythic rep witnessing it).

Plus, WAR weeded out the WoW kiddies really, really quickly.

Just curious, how would you fix this?

Basically you'd continue to copy blizzard. Ilum = Wintergrasp.

So here is what you do.

1) Have a battle every 2-3 hours

2) Have the daily/weekly quest(s) revolve around relatively do-able objectives

a) kill 10 players

b) assault or repair a node objective

c) 1 one or participate in 3 battles

3) Implement a tenacity mechanic to counter the faction imbalance.

4) Give a faction-wide buff to crystal drops or valor for the faction that wins the battle for that time period.

This basically accomplishes everything. No more win trading, no more node trading, no more camping, no more kill trading.

Edited by dexterryu

Of course not. Imperial outnumbers repub 4:1 on my server. I've tried finding people to fight in 1v1 battles but they run :(

I have the same thing on my server. If it's not 2-1 odds the imperials run. Then, when I do kill one about a dozen show up.

Basically you'd continue to copy blizzard. Ilum = Wintergrasp.

So here is what you do.

1) Have a battle every 2-3 hours

2) Have the daily/weekly quest(s) revolve around relatively do-able objectives

a) kill 10 players

b) assault or repair a node objective

c) 1 one or participate in 3 battles

3) Implement a tenacity mechanic to counter the faction imbalance.

4) Give a faction-wide buff to crystal drops or valor for the faction that wins the battle for that time period.

This basically accomplishes everything. No more win trading, no more node trading, no more camping, no more kill trading.

I couldn't agree more. This zone has no chance for survival unless they A) remove rewards or B) make it like wintergrasp/tol barad.

I don't agree with tenacity though, that was awful. I like how the current Tol barad is. The game only allows the same amount of players from both sides so let's say only 50 repubs jump in, only 50 imps get in also.

Of course not. Imperial outnumbers repub 4:1 on my server. I've tried finding people to fight in 1v1 battles but they run :(

Being outnumbered does not mean you cannot kill anything. It means you are likely to die more often.

What is stopping your troopers pulling enemies into your group to be focused?

If we assume a 1 min cooldown on the pub version of grapple (harpoon I think?) and guess maybe 25% of the enemies grappled give no reward as they died recently (a generous amount given that you claim you cannot kill the imps) then it should take less than 45 mins with a single trooper?

Even if we assume that 50% of the time the enemies manage to somehow get away while being focused (e.g. an inq pulling the player back to their group quickly enough) I think it fits into 24 hours.

the only way to stop win trading is to remove rewards from pvp. anyone who says otherwise has no idea what theyre talking about

While I don't condone removing pvp rewards, this is pretty much accurate.

As long as it's possible to gain like this some people will choose to do it.

While I don't condone removing pvp rewards, this is pretty much accurate.

As long as it's possible to gain like this some people will choose to do it.

You guys are wrong, and not very imaginative.

Just add death penalty. Problem solved. You can no longer die for free = problem goes away over night.

Being outnumbered does not mean you cannot kill anything. It means you are likely to die more often.

What is stopping your troopers pulling enemies into your group to be focused?

If we assume a 1 min cooldown on the pub version of grapple (harpoon I think?) and guess maybe 25% of the enemies grappled give no reward as they died recently (a generous amount given that you claim you cannot kill the imps) then it should take less than 45 mins with a single trooper?

Even if we assume that 50% of the time the enemies manage to somehow get away while being focused (e.g. an inq pulling the player back to their group quickly enough) I think it fits into 24 hours.

Actually, this assumes you have a group, which is more than often non-existant on rep-side since on many servers reps barely go to ilum, and imps have 2 full raids waiting between southern and rep-base.

So, it can be impossible to kill anything, considering the ridiculous faction imbalance on many servers (always in favor to sith afaik).

the only way to stop win trading is to remove rewards from pvp. anyone who says otherwise has no idea what theyre talking about

I disagree and I think I do know what I'm talking about. The key is to give rewards that don't increase player power. Mounts, social clothing, titles, spaceship mods, etc. would all provide incentive without further deepening the power = time paradigm.

Actually, this assumes you have a group, which is more than often non-existant on rep-side since on many servers reps barely go to ilum, and imps have 2 full raids waiting between southern and rep-base.

So, it can be impossible to kill anything, considering the ridiculous faction imbalance on many servers (always in favor to sith afaik).

When a player has been attacked by an enemy player but dies by being pulled into range of a turret, does the player get credit for the kill?

However if your server regularly has 0-1 players in the zone during peak hours then it's more a server issue. On mine imps still have a slight numerical advantage, but it's always proper fights spread over the lower half of the map as each side pushes and falls back when I go there.