Jump to content

Why is my endgame gear +absorb if we need + def?


Nightfox_

Recommended Posts

I did, and according to that, it rolls against Defense first, and if you're trying to hit cap on Def and Absorb, I'd figure pure absorb which is the only stat my columi appears to give seems counter productive.

 

I haven't got the full set yet, so I'm not looking at that, the only item that has def is my gloves.. Doesn't seem right.

Edited by Nightfox_
Link to comment
Share on other sites

cause every other class tank revovles around shield chance and shield absorb. Our shield chance sucks cause KW/DW only has 8 charges and get eaten in aoe pulls. So to be on par with other tanks we need to find +shield chance/ +shield absorb mods to compensate for this issue.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've not really had an issue with DW in AOE pulls tbh, cd is only 12 seconds, and they are dead before then, since I have such awesome DPS with me

 

Edit: I usually pop DW a couple seconds before charging into a fight anyway, so that the cd is shorter. If it takes longer than 2 cds of DW for a pull to die, then it's a DPS issue. What I'm really worried about is hits from bossman.

Edited by Nightfox_
Link to comment
Share on other sites

come back when they all focus fire on you with unload. See your charges get eaten in seconds. Also spending 10 force every 12 seconds just to keep out shield chance on par with other tanks who have it passive is just silly. Thats wasted force to use to do more dps to get more threat.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

So, we should stack more absorption and forget (for the most part) about stacking def, for aoe pulls? That doesn't make sense. Then again, I haven't dived headlong into HM ops yet, I'm just trying to get a handle on my gear before then.

 

you also need to stack shield chance that not other tanks need to do. So shield chance stack, Shield Absob and Defense. i got a few defense mods you get them later via quests.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

you also need to stack shield chance that not other tanks need to do. So shield chance stack, Shield Absob and Defense. i got a few defense mods you get them later via quests.

 

 

Are you also forgetting that we have what 10%+ base chance above ALL other tanks for avoidance(defence chance).

 

The real answer is we need to stack less +Def due to DR(Diminishing Returns, the more you stack the less you get per)

 

My avidance chance right now is just below 32%(which i getting a bit sick btw) it was like 14% or something nekkid. In my case if i had to choose between a +shield augment or a +def augment I would go with +shield as the +def would harldy add anything while the + shield may give me as muchas 1% or more. (My shield chance is only like 24%+ w/o DW up).

 

My BH in comparison while a few levels lower has like 5% + about 2% fom gear for a grand total of 7% chance to avoid an attack. My SI out tanks my BH by a large margin, both are about equally geared (or were when similar level), but the BH does indeed have more utility and more flexability.

Edited by WutsInAName
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The order of the defense skill checks is irrelevent unless it's possible to hit 100%, and because that's not remotely possible it doesn't matter. Besides, defense is checked first anyway to ensure you don't accidentally shield an attack you could've defended already.

 

Shield/absorb are basically exactly equal, 50% absorb 75% shield is functionally same as 75% absorb 50% shield. Shield % is probably better than absorb % except there's diminishing returns, so it's better to get full value of both stats than stack one and get less than expected value due to DR.

 

And I really have no idea what boss involves these deadly 5 adds that kill you because they go thorugh your DW. The biggest source of shield/defendable damage is almost attributed to the boss himself, which is just one guy and should not be able to go through a DW before its cooldown run out unless you shielded every one of his attack (in that case you're probably really safe).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The order of the defense skill checks is irrelevent unless it's possible to hit 100%, and because that's not remotely possible it doesn't matter. Besides, defense is checked first anyway to ensure you don't accidentally shield an attack you could've defended already.

 

Shield/absorb are basically exactly equal, 50% absorb 75% shield is functionally same as 75% absorb 50% shield. Shield % is probably better than absorb % except there's diminishing returns, so it's better to get full value of both stats than stack one and get less than expected value due to DR.

 

And I really have no idea what boss involves these deadly 5 adds that kill you because they go thorugh your DW. The biggest source of shield/defendable damage is almost attributed to the boss himself, which is just one guy and should not be able to go through a DW before its cooldown run out unless you shielded every one of his attack (in that case you're probably really safe).

 

I think most people will be refering to bad groups pulls in hard modes. In those situations your shield can go down in seconds, and if your healer is crap then you will come close to death... you shouldn't however wipe, or even die.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Are you also forgetting that we have what 10%+ base chance above ALL other tanks for avoidance(defence chance).

 

The real answer is we need to stack less +Def due to DR(Diminishing Returns, the more you stack the less you get per)

 

My avidance chance right now is just below 32%(which i getting a bit sick btw) it was like 14% or something nekkid. In my case if i had to choose between a +shield augment or a +def augment I would go with +shield as the +def would harldy add anything while the + shield may give me as muchas 1% or more. (My shield chance is only like 24%+ w/o DW up).

 

My BH in comparison while a few levels lower has like 5% + about 2% fom gear for a grand total of 7% chance to avoid an attack. My SI out tanks my BH by a large margin, both are about equally geared (or were when similar level), but the BH does indeed have more utility and more flexability.

 

Do BH really have more utility? I thought they had better damage absorption from armor and sins' had more utility. Please elaborate as I am new to these 2 classes.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...