Reverse Engineering is terrible(awesome at first glance)

notatroll

The crafting system in this game is awesome. I loved every part of it. I had 400 Biochem since 29, now I (insert curse word) hate it.

I crafted TWO HUNDRED AND TWELVE (212) BLUE lvl 49 implants - THE SAME TYPE - Critical Nano-Optic Might Package. All I ever wanted with this crap profession was to get the ENDOWMENT C N O M P.

I HAVE REVERSE ENGINEERED 212 OF THE SAME BLUE ITEM ONLY TO SEE "YOU HAVE ALREADY DISCOVERED THAT RECIPE" pop on the screen 20 times. I have all the other 4 researched - I understand that the CHANCE IS RANDOM - BUT DONT WASTE ALL MY CHANCES, THAT I GET ONE IN 30 IMPLANTS ANYWAY IF IM LUCKY, ON RECIPES THE GAME CAN'T FRIGGIN TELL THAT I ALREADY HAVE.

And if this is "working as intended" i'm gonna instantly UNSUB. This game requires more grinding than any other game with retarded remnants of a bad system (like what the **** do they still have merc commendations in if they removed the means to get them - just make the champ bags 800 wz commendations).

I'm so friggin sick and tired of this badly thought out system.

I WASTED AT LEAST 800 000 CREDITS ON MISSIONS TO MAKE 212 IMPLANTS - IS THIS NOT ENOUGH TIME AND RESOURCES INVESTED TO GET ONE FRIGGIN IMPLANT THAT I WANT?

yes, i used a lot of caps and the post is a pain to read. deal with it.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The crafting system in this game is awesome. I loved every part of it. I had 400 Biochem since 29, now I (insert curse word) hate it.

I crafted TWO HUNDRED AND TWELVE (212) BLUE lvl 49 implants - THE SAME TYPE - Critical Nano-Optic Might Package. All I ever wanted with this crap profession was to get the ENDOWMENT C N O M P.

I HAVE REVERSE ENGINEERED 212 OF THE SAME BLUE ITEM ONLY TO SEE "YOU HAVE ALREADY DISCOVERED THAT RECIPE" pop on the screen 20 times. I have all the other 4 researched - I understand that the CHANCE IS RANDOM - BUT DONT WASTE ALL MY CHANCES, THAT I GET ONE IN 30 IMPLANTS ANYWAY IF IM LUCKY, ON RECIPES THE GAME CAN'T FRIGGIN TELL THAT I ALREADY HAVE.

And if this is "working as intended" i'm gonna instantly UNSUB. This game requires more grinding than any other game with retarded remnants of a bad system (like what the **** do they still have merc commendations in if they removed the means to get them - just make the champ bags 800 wz commendations).

I WASTED AT LEAST 800 000 CREDITS ON MISSIONS TO MAKE 212 IMPLANTS - IS THIS NOT ENOUGH TIME AND RESOURCES INVESTED TO GET ONE FRIGGIN IMPLANT THAT I WANT?

I'm lvl 50, only started recently getting into crafting RE to create better gear for myself. from what I understand RE chances are greater at lvl 50 than at the lower levels. Can anyone confirm this? If so that would explain why some people are having a hard time.

I wont complain to much as I had great success early in the game with re'ing, but that being said results have been absolutely zero for an entire week straight now. I use Jaessa's +5 synthweaving critical constantly to make epic mastercraft belts that are not cheap to produce. I've made one mastercraft in twenty plus crafts. No one buys the regular versions because they would rather have the mastercraft. Well guess what if mastercraft is going to be this difficult to get the price is going way up. Like 250k minimum if things dont turn around soon.

I also mass produce blue belts in an effort to learn new artifact recipes. Last night alone I made 20 Overkill Hardened Flex Belt, none of them re'd into anything at all. That was just last night, I have burned about 40 of these belts so far and gotten nothing for my effort, not even a crappy mixed stat version.

Edited by Nickter

I'm lvl 50, only started recently getting into crafting RE to create better gear for myself. from what I understand RE chances are greater at lvl 50 than at the lower levels. Can anyone confirm this? If so that would explain why some people are having a hard time.

I think the higher your craft skill is above the item's difficulty level, the higher your crit chances are. Since items in the late 40s are still red when you've hit the skill cap, you're going to have a harder time REing.

That's my theory anyway, but yes people are definitely reporting a much harder time on the end-game stuff and I believe that's entirely intentional.

It really does seem that way, or REing items of items that are higher than you do not give schematics or a very low chance.

I think the type of item you are trying to RE must have an impact as well mods and armouring I have successfully RE'd from blue to purple in no more than 50 tries.

however I am on my 300the RE of the same earpiece and still no purple both items are the same skill lvl to craft and same required lvl to use

The RE system is easily the worst crafting system I've ever seen. Period. Bar none, it sucks. Whoever designed it, should seriously be ashamed of themselves for foisting such a pathetic system into an otherwise interesting and enjoyable game.

We accept that in RP games, things are done on a dice roll, and random is involved.

However, RP games typically give players ways to improve their odds. ie Better weapons, better armor, better stats, +this, +that etc.. etc..

The RE system is a total, absolute, non improvable slot machine. You pay, pull the handle and hope for the best, with absolutely no way to improve the odds.

While I guess there are people who just love slot machines and the act of simply feeding a RNG function.

My suspicion is that others would rather have a more strategic and thoughtful way to achieve this goal. Frankly, this slot machine approach just seems like someone only had a few days to throw something together and this is what we got.

And I think its this aspect of non improvable odds that makes the RE system so intolerable, awful and a complete anathema to what makes most systems in RP games enjoyable or at least bearable.

- P

Edited by Zilrota
removed language

Seriously, when they check the logs and find out that instead of your 212 implants you made like 15 and then came here lying about it, you'll prob cop a well deserved forum ban.

Seriously, when they check the logs and find out that instead of your 212 implants you made like 15 and then came here lying about it, you'll prob cop a well deserved forum ban.

Up to 270+ now and I lost count. I wasted over 1 mil credits on missions for the ingredients, still no Endowment, instead, lots of "you already know that schematic". And the only universe in which I would diserve a ban even if I lied about the numbers, which I did not, would be where if I were telling the truth, they'd completely reimburse 90% of the useless **** I had to RE over and over again. They will never do that so congratz Bioware for making yet another aspect of your game totally useless. And I defended this 2nd hand product till now...

I invest tens of hours if not more in crafting just to get two lousy implants while with half the time spent on earning money to afford the missions I could have afk farmed WZ's and be in full champ gear by now. Pro game.

If recipes were so easy to get (as 99% of them are) then they'd be worth bugger all (which they are).

Please do us all a favour and un-sub so we don't have to see your tears.

kkthxbye.

You're so dim-witted. Nobody on the server has it, either side. That's cuz nobody can be arsed to try and get specific recipes. Because when you get them, even with selling a bunch of them and giving them to your friends and family, it still does not justify the resources invested.

So troll somebody else, no clue boy.

Wouldnt be much of a game if everyone had everything, and everything they wanted would it.

Sure, but there seems to be a design attitude in this game whereby they seem to expect players to just keep on trying. I did a particular space quest half a dozen times before I quit frustrated. I know some folks like to keep on trying until they get it, but if it becomes too much like work, it's not fun to me.

I RE'd a stack of rather low level items today with no results. Disappointing. A couple more times of no results and I'll be done with the crafting system alltogether.

The guy with the 200+ RE's has it right: If it's mostly random, that isn't really fun. If you want to make recipes difficult, you can do that by controlling the ingredients. Controlling access by what is, in effect, a low rate random drop isn't fun, be cause the player has very little control over the results.

I've tried to RE some blue level 49 earpiece for two weeks now, probably made 100+ of them. Wasted all my resources, used up all my credits. It's like a gambling addiction, I just can't quit before I get it because I feel I'm so deep in debt I just got to win my time back somehow...

Another game with another fail crafting system...

And they dare say this is not a PvP oriented game - where to get a full set of Champ gear is way cheaper and less time consuming than getting one lousy implant/earpiece that your class actually needs.

I have 400 Biochem since lvl 29 - I have tried getting that specific implant for my class since 29. Now I am 50 for a week and I still did not achieve what I need. All the resources I got since 29 have been put into crafting - occasionally selling one of the other epic ones just to have spare change for Diplo missions - and the companions never stood idle for a second.

That is NOT normal, no matter how you spin it or try to view it. It's a disfunctional system that is meant to discourage everyone for any normal-type activity in this game and promote minless bot/afk farming like everyone seems to be doing.

Edited by notatroll

Also another thing: had I not whored the forums to see how the system works, the way it's working in game would have made me think there is no 5th recipe and I would have quit trying to get it long ago. This is NOT how crafting's supposed to work.

A good analogy are missions.

Which do you prefer?

In one mission you need ONE quest items, that has a real low drop chance. The drop chance is the same for every mob. Strong or weak doesn´t matter.

For another mission you have to collect 10 items. More powefull mobs have better drop chances than normal mobs. So you can DO something about your odds and it is more gratyfying, because you can see a progress while collecting the 10 items.

I´ll prefer by far the second kind of mission.

I guess my problem is the one that all the defenders of the RE system have "You're just having bad luck".

And that's my issue, bad luck. I understand that everything under the hood is based on random rolls: hits, misses, criticals are all based on luck. Yet depending on how I spec things out, I can change my luck. Go up the skill tree the proper way, spec out the proper skill, put in the proper mods and enhancements and I can raise my "to-hit chance", my "critical chance".

Then after that, its based on MY skill. What skills I use, what the rotation is, how I handle the adds, weather I heal... its all based on my skill.

The crafting RE system in SWTOR has none of this... its totally based on luck. Supposedly I can raise my chances by using the proper companions to make stuff and then get "lucky" that they crit, then break it down and still get "lucky". If I was guarenteed to RE something if my companion critted, that's fine, but its still "luck".

So after 75 times trying to RE a level 43 green hilt into a blue and failing miserably the only thing people can say to me is "wow, bad luck, sucks to be you."

Seriously, if I was dps, and my attacks constantly missed because of bad luck I wouldn't be told "wow bad luck" I'd be told to learn how to play my character and learn how to build my character... then kicked from the team.

and yet its okay when "bad luck" prevents me from getting a level 43 blue. hilt.. not even top tier, but level 43.

Edited by Lady_Myajha