a 1v1 battle in swtor

Atamosk

there should not be any of these, and people should not use it as a point of comparison for how a class plays.

all the pvp in this game is group pvp and if you think otherwise you don't understand that a game like this cant be balanced around 1v1 or everyone class would have to have the same abilities.

so please rely on organization over op/up classes as a way to vent your pvp frustration

That really depends on the class. If a healer type is strong in 1v1 due to simply outlasting another class, that doesn't equate to group play.

There is however issues when a dps class is incredibly strong in 1v1 situations because that usually translates to them being incredibly strong in group play as well.

That really depends on the class. If a healer type is strong in 1v1 due to simply outlasting another class, that doesn't equate to group play.

There is however issues when a dps class is incredibly strong in 1v1 situations because that usually translates to them being incredibly strong in group play as well.

Yeah except Healer classes usually can do decent DPS as well because they use the same stats if not the same skill points build. Tank stats can help you survive longer but your DPS is in the basement. DPS builds can dish it out but they crumble pretty easily.

Edited by MorgonKara

Yeah except Healer classes usually can do decent DPS as well because they use the same stats if not the same skill points build. Tank stats can help you survive longer but your DPS is in the basement.

My Scoundrel couldn't DPS herself out of a wet paper bag.

I'm totally admitting that could just be me being horrible at DPS, but I've never killed anything as a heal-specced Scoundrel that wasn't already on its last legs anyway.

My Scoundrel couldn't DPS herself out of a wet paper bag.

I'm totally admitting that could just be me being horrible at DPS, but I've never killed anything as a heal-specced Scoundrel that wasn't already on its last legs anyway.

Maybe not as much as a full DPS build. All I'm saying is that Cunning/Willpower, Crit, Surge and Power increase DPS as well as Healing. Endurance, Shields and Defense do nothing for DPS. I think for PvP it's better to either spec Damage or Heals. Not all classes are totally even 1 vs 1 but at least then you have a fighting chance. Tank specs only work in groups with Healers and DPS.

Edited by MorgonKara

there should not be any of these, and people should not use it as a point of comparison for how a class plays.

all the pvp in this game is group pvp and if you think otherwise you don't understand that a game like this cant be balanced around 1v1 or everyone class would have to have the same abilities.

so please rely on organization over op/up classes as a way to vent your pvp frustration

In WZs, you are correct. WZs are a team zone with group objectives and should be fought that way.

However, in OPvP, eff off man. Let there be 1v1s and let them occur in large quantities. Group play is fun too, but 1v1s are the true test of individual player skill. Classes are actually "balanced" (whatever that subjectively means) pretty well. If you participated in 1v1s on a regular basis, you would know this. lulz

There is no better way to learn the skillsets necessary to beat opposing classes than mono y mono fights. There...just...isn't. Sorry, but you aren't going to learn the nuances of taking down the opposition using group play as a crutch to make up for your individual play shortcomings.

With that said, I have a request. Please do not interrupt my 1v1s on Ilum to leech my valor kill. If I'm out there soloing in Ilum, it's because I'm looking for a good fight. I don't need Pubs jumping in on my fight to notch their daily. I can kill that Imp well enough all by my lonesome...kthx

In WZs, you are correct. WZs are a team zone with group objectives and should be fought that way.

However, in OPvP, eff off man. Let there be 1v1s and let them occur in large quantities. Group play is fun too, but 1v1s are the true test of individual player skill. Classes are actually "balanced" (whatever that subjectively means) pretty well. If you participated in 1v1s on a regular basis, you would know this. lulz

There is no better way to learn the skillsets necessary to beat opposing classes than mono y mono fights. There...just...isn't. Sorry, but you aren't going to learn the nuances of taking down the opposition using group play as a crutch to make up for your individual play shortcomings.

With that said, I have a request. Please do not interrupt my 1v1s on Ilum to leech my valor kill. If I'm out there soloing in Ilum, it's because I'm looking for a good fight. I don't need Pubs jumping in on my fight to notch their daily. I can kill that Imp well enough all by my lonesome...kthx

i wish more people were like this......i get so tired of people hiding behind there groups in ilum......i mean do you play the game to tag a mob and get credit or do you play to kill an opposing player in combat?

ill fight anyone 1v1, ill never cry for a nerf, ill win 99.9% of the time...... stay out of my fights

Nobody thinks 1v1's should matter until it's their class that's getting creamed in constant 1v1's with a class.

Rock paper scissors pvp isn't fun.

see this is the problem with bad players, rock/scissors/paper is the way its suppose to be and the way it always will be......

the problem for most players is they suck, see if your the average player (about 90% playerbase) which is garbage skill level btw.....you fall victim to r/s/p

if you practice and master your class you go above the r/s/p and just become "i win"

when you become "i win" then nothing matters and the game is fun

this isnt a knock against people who like to 1v1, but more a knock against people who use 1v1 as a way to say there are game imbalances and that a class should be nerfed.

there is a difference.

there should be class imbalances, it means you have to rely on people, which makes the group system more fun.

again not knocking 1v1 just saying a game like this is not balanced around it and there for any complaints made about class balance in a 1v1 forum should be ignored because of how hard/silly it would be to balance 1v1

kudos to you for wanting to do it and not complain about class balance.

medal: assassin - solo kill

devs think otherwise ;)

i still tend to disagree with you. a healer is not should not be able to get this medal, if he can then what is that saying about the healer,

a lot of things. He is really good or he is op in that situation.

wile i agree this does make it seem like 1v1 was considered i still firmly believe that not every class can be balanced

so not every class can get this medal.

jsut as i dont expect as a guardian to get any healing medals.

it is just a fun medal for a dps class to be able to get if they cant guard or heal.

i wish more people were like this......i get so tired of people hiding behind there groups in ilum......i mean do you play the game to tag a mob and get credit or do you play to kill an opposing player in combat?

ill fight anyone 1v1, ill never cry for a nerf, ill win 99.9% of the time...... stay out of my fights

totally agreed,

its the people that cry class imbalance based on it.

see this is the problem with bad players, rock/scissors/paper is the way its suppose to be and the way it always will be......

the problem for most players is they suck, see if your the average player (about 90% playerbase) which is garbage skill level btw.....you fall victim to r/s/p

if you practice and master your class you go above the r/s/p and just become "i win"

when you become "i win" then nothing matters and the game is fun

Except when the people you fight aren't garbage. Then Rock paper scissors is rock paper scissors.

I can stomp random terribles that are supposed to counter me in warzones all the time. That doesn't make me some pvp god. It just makes them terrible.

Says the guys playing stealth classes. :rolleyes:

Says the guys playing stealth classes. :rolleyes:

What does Stealth have to do with it? My Shadow fights all comers and every solo Imp he can find. He absolutely does not discriminate. Aside from initiative, there is no other advantage from stealth for my Shadow. When he fights an opponent, they bear witness to every move my toon makes while he wrecks their face.

Btw, Jugg fights have been some of the most fun, simply because they usually last longer than the others. Haven't lost a 1v1 yet to a Jugg though.