Artifice SUCKS!!

Mephodone

Why is it you would give other professions the ability to craft Rakata gear and not give us at least the ability to craft weapons. As of right now we can craft gear for early 50s which imo is pointless. Give us some endgame patterns please.

Doesn't Artifice craft the rakata relics?

Then there's the Orange BoE lightsaber's with the augment slot (critted)...

They do, though the artifact is BOP, i think the OP wants stuff he can make to sell.

The lighsabres can be crafted but require one to get a material from operations or hard mode flashpoints (only 1 drops from a 4 man flashpoint so unless you win the roll you are sol).

I also believe some/a lot of the pvp level 50 weapons are about on par with what the craftable lightsabres are.

correct me if I'm wrong. Artificers are the only ones who provide color crystals? I'm sorry but how is this not an incredible way of making money of your profession? why don't you come to Bao Dur imperial side, there's none crafting any 40+ crystals

The relics, while being BoP are basicaly best in slot, actually, especially if you manage to get an augment slot on it. We had 2 relics drop last night in Hardmode EV and they were inferior to what I'd already made for myself with artifice. The light sabers are BoE and come with blue rank 23 mods and +power crystals (ironic since we cant actually make the rank 23 mods or the +power crystals) - I'm currently using one, albeit with stripped down mods/enhance/hilt from other items and do very well in operations and hardmodes. Color crystals sell for 30-40K a pop at artifact quality on my server - I sell 2 or 3 a day. There are flaws, yes, but the skill is not completely useless.

My server must be infalted, color crystals sell for 15k on my server. They dont sell cause the pvp weapons tend to be better. The relics are not BIS they are good but plenty better if you are running any HM NM and get lucky enough to get one

My server must be infalted, color crystals sell for 15k on my server. They dont sell cause the pvp weapons tend to be better. The relics are not BIS they are good but plenty better if you are running any HM NM and get lucky enough to get one

Get the Magenta crystal pattern if you want to make money. You can easily sell the crystals for a minimum of 250k and the craft for 100k.

Get the Magenta crystal pattern if you want to make money. You can easily sell the crystals for a minimum of 250k and the craft for 100k.

Ooh where do these appear? Endgame most likely?

And I agree somewhat, I wish I could make mid-level range lightsabers.

The Magenta crystals are the only thing going for Artifice if you are lucky to get the patterns. The HM FP's are a joke and its easy to get a T1/T2 weapon so the saber craft is out. Offhand? PvP or HM FP.

Currently, Biochem is where it is at. The other skills are pointless for end game.

I am a level 400 artiface too. I agree with Op. We do lack alot of stuff that pvp vendors have. Where are our craftable purple Color Crystals. Where our level 25 mods. No max level players want our weapons. They are junk compared to the pvp vendors. We need to have top level crafted gear and weapons stats better then pvp vendors. Or allow us to RE PVP vendor gear and weapons to learn the schematics. Top level gear should always come from the crafter not the vendor.

I am a level 400 artiface too. I agree with Op. We do lack alot of stuff that pvp vendors have. Where are our craftable purple Color Crystals. Where our level 25 mods. No max level players want our weapons. They are junk compared to the pvp vendors. We need to have top level crafted gear and weapons stats better then pvp vendors. Or allow us to RE PVP vendor gear and weapons to learn the schematics. Top level gear should always come from the crafter not the vendor.

Step back.

Take a look at every other profession.

Tell me which one you'd rather be and why.

(hint: the answer is Biochem and it isn't because they can sell things to other players).

None of the professions are for GEARING endgame players and you won't find a significant market selling to raiders using them. Artifice is in a better spot simply because of the Magenta Crystal being a sort of status item that has demand despite the inferior stats.

Compare that to Armormech, Cybertech, Armstech, Biochem, and Synthweaving, none of those professions even have so much as a status item that they can market to end game players.

The majority of your money making opportunities will come from filling niche needs that involve gearing up people's alts and companions as well as convenience.

If you expect crafting to provide you with really good end game items to sell to all different players so they can skip actually doing endgame you're probably barking up the wrong tree.

Step back.

Take a look at every other profession.

Tell me which one you'd rather be and why.

(hint: the answer is Biochem and it isn't because they can sell things to other players).

None of the professions are for GEARING endgame players and you won't find a significant market selling to raiders using them. Artifice is in a better spot simply because of the Magenta Crystal being a sort of status item that has demand despite the inferior stats.

Compare that to Armormech, Cybertech, Armstech, Biochem, and Synthweaving, none of those professions even have so much as a status item that they can market to end game players.

The majority of your money making opportunities will come from filling niche needs that involve gearing up people's alts and companions as well as convenience.

If you expect crafting to provide you with really good end game items to sell to all different players so they can skip actually doing endgame you're probably barking up the wrong tree.

That is not what i am saying .. i am saying that all crafting sucks here. I do not expect to get the mats from missions. I think all .. Cybertech, Arms , Armor, Art, Sithweaving. Everyone should be able to craft end game gear. But make us run the raids to get the mats. That is a must. But you should not be able to Buy the gear from the Vendor. It should be from a crafter that worked his *** off to build that end game armor plate or what have you.

Edited by mdobrowney

As far as the relics go, I am currently using a crafted +77 endurance relic, use for 380 power; Hardmode Eternity vault last night dropped a +72 endurance relic, use for 355 power. Mine's better. Nightmare mode may drop higher; I cannot attest to this, although I've heard the drops are the same in hard and nightmare. Edited by Natarii

Here is what I see so far as "cons"

1) Absolutely 0 (zero) HM FP schematics for artifice, or even operations for that matter.

2) Only 1 thing that we can craft tier 2 purple (artifact) and that is offhand, compared to other professions where you can get more.

The cons below are the same for other professions (mods wise):

3) Hilts (which is the major component) on weapon damage, even if you RE to get a purple, it is still only lvl 22, which is less than the lvl 23 hilt purple that you can get from 8 daily commendations (which by the way only takes like what? 30-45 mintues to obtain if you're just coming to 50), no one would want to buy what hilts we make.

4) Enhancements:

Again, do one 2+ heroic quest on Ilum and you will get the purple lvl enhancement.

Although you can create purples and sell for others on GTN.

Pros:

1) Is that schematic for the purple crystal.

2) Rakata Relic

I make 20k-40k credits a day just selling crystals, but maybe it's just my server? I noticed that there weren't a lot of hilts or enhancements on the GTN so I just started crafting a bunch of them and put the blues and purples up on the GTN and they sold within 15 minutes. Color crystals also go like hot cakes and on our server you can get 30k-40k for the higher level crystals. I mostly make blue and purple level ones that cater to the mid levels 15-33ish and those seem to do the best, but literally anytime I post 15-20 of my crafted items up on the GTN, they all sell within an hour or two.

My only gripe is that it does seem our higher end schematics are kind of "meh" in terms of what we can produce, and really the lightsabers we can make, are kind of lame compared to the end game gear you can get through easier means. Overall though I don't mind artifice that much, been able to make a decent amount of credits on it through the GTN.

For all you people talking about the magenta crystal, easier said than done. Im not on some low pop server allowing me to run out as i please and kill the boss with my guild. Most groups need 8 my server normallly runs with 16 which is overkill and also makes it hard to get.