Auto Turn

TwitchingFiber

I'm really not even sure what benefit 'melee' get from being behind a target, and this is from a level 50 Marauder.

Sins/Ops can backstab, and... we don't get cleaved in PvE. That's about it. If you can't win a fight against a turreting ranged it wasn't because you couldn't get behind them.

Probably from the fact that in WoW, at least, your attacks cannot be avoided when attacking from behind, and also, it means other melee cannot hit you as they are not facing you, which is not specifically tied to any game-just common sense.

Auto turn needs to be removed. For Melee characters getting behind our enemy is our number 1 skill. Having a tracer missile spammer or a sorcerer spinning in circles it basically nurfs us.

If a melee player has a remote idea of how to play his character he/she knows they need to get behind the enemy. With Auto turn on, we can hardly ever do what we need to do. Unless we stun the player or they target someone else. Yeah, finding a player that's fighting someone else works too.

Strafing behind your opponent is an essential part of a Melee class. That's where the part that takes skill comes out.

Now the PvE aspect (While questing) it's the same issue, you can't get behind the guys unless your companion has the threat or you sneak up on them.

All in all, if BW turns auto turn off. It will benefit everyone, it'll make everything better.

Just my 2 cents.

Sounds like you need to stop playing RPG's and start playing Battlefield and what not. Whole point of an RPG is it's the characters skill not your skill with the interface. One of the reasons why (IMO) 1 on 1 encounters in a well made RPG are basically pointless.

Probably from the fact that in WoW, at least, your attacks cannot be avoided when attacking from behind, and also, it means other melee cannot hit you as they are not facing you, which is not specifically tied to any game-just common sense.

Right, which is why I said in this game.

And melee not being able to hit you is meh. It's the reason so many people run around like ninnies and bunny hop all over the place in PvP, and as often as not end up going into the acid/fire/pit because they're not paying attention to where they are in order to try and get some kind of advantage.

I'm not a fan of it at all, it's one of the things I hate most about combat in the game. I do NOT like the computer controlling my actions. I would prefer this be a toggle to turn on or off, so people that do like it are not effected. And maybe an auto-face option that you can key bind.

I'm not a fan of it at all, it's one of the things I hate most about combat in the game. I do NOT like the computer controlling my actions. I would prefer this be a toggle to turn on or off, so people that do like it are not effected. And maybe an auto-face option that you can key bind.

This could even be a good simple fix, just give the players the option to turn off and on.

Auto turn is one of my favorite features of this game. Attacking one mob then tabbing to another and automatically facing them when I attack is amazing. This is coming from a Shadow Consular. I am only mid 20's now so I only have a few melee attacks, but the one that requires I be behind my target takes half my force. No way could I use that an entire fight anyway. Great opener or after a stun, but after that I will be using less demanding attacks. This could change when I get more abilities though as more might require being behind a target.

Auto turn needs to be removed. For Melee characters getting behind our enemy is our number 1 skill. Having a tracer missile spammer or a sorcerer spinning in circles it basically nurfs us.

[...]

As soon as they implement collision detection so people cant run straight through my face

Edited by Satanski

Auto Turn also effects how you see people/mobs. Often times on my screen I will see the player or mob facing away from me, then I try to backstab....oops, you must be behind the target to attack...then you spend all this time running around that player/mob trying to find out which way they are actually facing since it is not displaying correctly. i avergae 60+ FPS and 33 ping, so its not that.

Bascially this feature must be for keyboard turners, far as I can tell so they have a chance?

Edited by fixit

It is absolutely awesome please leave it alone

Just hate reading the message “you are facing the wrong way”

:)

Just means you suck. Auto Turn is a huge disadvantage for melee, and a huge advantage for ranged. It's good to see who the scrubs are in this thread, they're the ones who are crying for it to not be removed, because otherwise they'd suck.