What CAN I RE as an armstech?

salvadorellama

I just found out (after spending 3 hours trying) that you can't RE better versions are vibroknives (or scatterguns).

So, what can you RE better versions of besides barrels? I have no desire to waste any more time on this kind of crap that should either be in the game, or should have a message telling you not to attempt it.

I'm about fed up with this whole charade of an MMO in truth.

Everything else.

Every weapon, besides the shotgun/scattergun and vibroknives can be RE'd. Each green into three blues, and each blue can give 5 purples.

There are very good guides stickied. Check 'em out.

That's nice and all..but there should be a popup telling you that you can't get a better schematic on shotguns and vibroknives.

What about vibroswords...stuff like that? You said everything else, but I just want to make sure...

I believe Vibroswords has the same problem to some extent. I have tried and tried but no success. I haven't seen any purple Vibroswords in GTN either.

Edit: Though I have been able to RE a Premium Vibrosword to Prototype. It's only Prototype to Artifact I haven't been able to do.

I have successfully RE pistols, rifles, electrostaffs, techblades and barrels all the way to purple.

// G

Edited by Galten

Vibroswords are definately Reverse Engineerable.

I've done levels 9,17,25,29,39 and 50 to Epic versions.

And its quite profitable. Theres an over abundance of Sith Sorcerers on my server and everyone uses Klem.

The bonus also is that Investigation missions are dirt cheap as all the Slicers are trying for Underworld Trading, Treasure Hunting and Slicing missions.

Also as an Armstech I've made 3-4 million on Pistols and Sniper rifles. Make the low level starter weapons. Then search the GTN for the lev 37,39 pistol/rifles schematics. Make these then lastly the lev 50 greens, RE all these up to purples obviously.

Theres also 2 level 37 blue vibroknive schematics which also sell well.

You'll want to buy all the level 220,230,340 Investigation missions. There very cheap.

Enjoy!~

I just found out (after spending 3 hours trying) that you can't RE better versions are vibroknives (or scatterguns).

So, what can you RE better versions of besides barrels? I have no desire to waste any more time on this kind of crap that should either be in the game, or should have a message telling you not to attempt it.

I'm about fed up with this whole charade of an MMO in truth.

Maybe instead of complaining, you should read the stickied REVERSE ENGINEERING GUIDE which is on top of this forum?!?

I believe Vibroswords has the same problem to some extent. I have tried and tried but no success. I haven't seen any purple Vibroswords in GTN either.

Edit: Though I have been able to RE a Premium Vibrosword to Prototype. It's only Prototype to Artifact I haven't been able to do.

I have successfully RE pistols, rifles, electrostaffs, techblades and barrels all the way to purple.

// G

I have several purple Vibroswords for me and my guildies low level twinks, so it is possible.

Maybe instead of complaining, you should read the stickied REVERSE ENGINEERING GUIDE which is on top of this forum?!?

If these things were explained in the codex or in the game in any way, I wouldn't have to come here to complain.

The game should work, period. If an aspect of crafted items in the game (e.g. scatterguns) doesn't work the way almost all other crafted items work, it should be explained in the codex.