Seriously, who decided to name the ancient alien species after a cheese?

PibbyPib

I was raised by italian parents who say it as Ree-gaw-ta or Ree-gawt

Like Mozzarella is said moot-sa-dell

My parents pronounced them the same way.

I agree, calling ancient aliens after cheese is laughably wrong. There is precedent for this idiocy though, we are playing Cheddar Knights after all.

Pronunciation is key I think. :)

I see what you did there.

Every time I hear about those Rakata aliens I think about this and I want a cannoli.

I know they're spelled completely differently, but they sound exactly the same.

meh it probably was funny in your mind, should have kept it there

move along kthxbai

Many of the people who responded in this thread used to have a sense of humor like you. Then they took a dictionary to the knee.

@OP, I got a chuckle from your post. Of course they aren't technically pronounced the same, but most words we say aren't technically pronounced the way that we say them.

Tee hee.

I have to say, I've been reading all sorts of ticked-off, fanboi vs troll posts all day (because they're like train wrecks - you can't help but NOT read them), and this has definitely made my day. Thank you people who way overthink things just like I do. You validate my life. :p

The real question should be why is part of the Imperial Capital translate as "Cheese", type "kaas" into Google Translate, see what happens... This.

Yep. I'm dutch and I lovingly refer to Dromund Kaas as the cheese planet. :)

Edited by Amarinth

Many of the people who responded in this thread used to have a sense of humor like you. Then they took a dictionary to the knee.

@OP, I got a chuckle from your post. Of course they aren't technically pronounced the same, but most words we say aren't technically pronounced the way that we say them.

Lol. This.