Do people hate Corellia?

Kourage

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I hit 50 before starting on Corellia. I'm going to assume that many other people do also.

It's a shame. The planet is great. unfortunately there is not much intensive to quest there, since you will most likely be 49-50 when you reach it.

They aren't corridors, they are streets and NOT like Coruscant/Nar Shaddaa streets, but streets without the tight walls binding you in.

It's essentially like a properly-sized Tatooine with an actual road system, a proper "city" design like what you might have expected Coruscant/Nar Shaddaa to use. Those planets were confining, but they confined you because you weren't supposed to have a speeder yet. Corellia is the perfect mix of directed-traveling (corridors) and open environments.

It's not too large to feel boring and empty, it's not too small to feel restrictive, and there's no claustrophobic walls closing in on you like Coruscant.

Also the story on the planet is amazing, it starts as a pretty tense standoff between reps and imps and by the end of it, it's full-on war. Very well done.

Like I said before I simply don't agree. You have buildings that block of streets forcing you to always take a tunnel or go around for some stupid reason. I still feel confined in Corellia you can disagree but it's what I think. This is a much better Corellia imo.

Like I said before I simply don't agree. You have buildings that block of streets forcing you to always take a tunnel or go around for some stupid reason. I still feel confined in Corellia you can disagree but it's what I think. This is a much better Corellia imo.

I'm not asking you to agree.

If you ask why someone likes Corellia then I just told you. Stop trying to convince me I'm wrong, thank you.

Go enjoy your endless desert Tatooine and leave the rest of us with actual taste to enjoy the game in peace.

I'm not asking you to agree.

If you ask why someone likes Corellia then I just told you. Stop trying to convince me I'm wrong, thank you.

Go enjoy your endless desert Tatooine and leave the rest of us with actual taste to enjoy the game in peace.

LOL so because I don't agree with you, you are now angry I think Corellia is ****. Please don't post on the forums if you can't bear to have someone disagree with you. Corellia is **** and apparently the OP agrees yet you come to this very thread and people don't seem to agree.

There really is not much to do on Corellia. Class quest and that's it. Personally I think it was a very stupid idea to make that the last planet to level on besides Ilum. It was just such a downgrade from Belsavis and Voss in my opinion. When I first went there I was like "ok if Belsavis and Voss were that awesome, how awesome will Corellia be?!?!" Sure enough it was a huge disappointment...

If I was Bioware I would have made something like Hoth or Tatooine the last planet. That way your players have something to look forward to up until the end. Corellia was just very bad and very ugly.

Edited by xNonphixionx

LOL so because I don't agree with you, you are now angry I think Corellia is ****. Please don't post on the forums if you can't bear to have someone disagree with you. Corellia is **** and apparently the OP agrees yet you come to this very thread and people don't seem to agree.

This is a thread dedicated to how bad Corellia is, I think I knew the premise coming in. :rolleyes:

And now that I'm here saying I actually enjoy Corellia, suddenly I'm the enemy. Get over yourself.

I've already explained why I like the planet with some very valid, concise, thoughtful opinions but apparently "I'm wrong". k.

I think it's worth doing for the money, with dumping so much on the 3rd speeder training.

I had over 500k credits when I dinged 50 and I didn't try to get credits. I easily afforded the level 50 speeder + training and I had credits left over and by 3 hours at level 50 I had over 200k credits again.

There really is not much to do on Corellia. Class quest and that's it. Personally I think it was a very stupid idea to make that the last planet to level on besides Ilum. It was just such a downgrade from Belsavis and Voss in my opinion. When I first went there I was like "ok how is anything going to top Voss?" Sure enough it was a huge disappointment...

If I was Bioware I would have made something like Hoth or Tatooine the last planet. That way your players have something to look forward to up until the end. Corellia was just very bad and very ugly.

I liked Hoth and Tatooine's open fields. Corellia, while immersive, still felt a lot like a corridor in places.

This is a thread dedicated to how bad Corellia is, I think I knew the premise coming in. :rolleyes:

And now that I'm here saying I actually enjoy Corellia, suddenly I'm the enemy. Get over yourself.

I've already explained why I like the planet with some very valid, concise, thoughtful opinions but apparently "I'm wrong". k.

To each their own really. I just found Corellia to be a huge downgrade to Belsavis and Voss.

Although I did enjoy fighting wookies for the first time lol.

No, you said Hoth and Tatooine were bad because of travel but Corellia has MUCH more travel so what you said was nonsense.

Corellia has MUCH more travel

Incorrect.

The playable landscape of Corellia is smaller than both Hoth and Tatooine, and the zones are all connected by taxis you are given for free. The zone itself, quest-wise, is also shorter.

You'll spend about 1/4 the amount of time on Corellia as you do on Hoth/Tatooine.

Incorrect.

The playable landscape of Corellia is smaller than both Hoth and Tatooine, and the zones are all connected by taxis you are given for free. The zone itself, quest-wise, is also shorter.

You'll spend about 1/4 the amount of time on Corellia as you do on Hoth/Tatooine.

That's irrelevent. In Hoth, I can typically make a straight line to my questing area. In Corellia, I must make a convoluted trip that will frequently see me dismounted. There is absolutely MUCH more travel in Corellia compared to Hoth.

Yea I'm out in the open and it says I can't mount here....

I've got force shields preventing me from going certain ways, and dead ends all over. Almost like being indoors.

I'm becoming very upset that some of you derive levels of planet-specific satisfaction which differ from mine.

Don't ask me why, the community has a heavy favoritism for planets like Hoth and Tatooine. I'll never understand it. Those 2 planets are the worst zones I've seen in MMORPG history, but I'm the only person who thinks so.

Edited by TaintedSquirrel

Don't ask me why, the community has a heavy favoritism for planets like Hoth and Tatooine. I'll never understand it. Those 2 planets are the worst zones I've seen in MMORPG history, but I'm the only person who thinks so.

It's too expensive for me to play on Hoth.

I'm learning to be an RPer, so I had to turn my AC all the way down. Fortunately I have some heavy clothing to wear.

Tatooine isn't so bad, but it takes forever to get the sand out of my pants and shoes afterwards.

Nah, Hoth was so free and open, I was actually able to make it into different zones by climbing over cliffs and finding hidden paths.

Corellia is the opposite. Corellia is easily the worst zone I've seen in MMO history.

The first 2 parts of Corellia are really annoying. The paths make you feel like a rat in a crappy maze.

The later parts of the zones are more opened. Honestly though the scenery and design in some parts of Corellia are nothing short of amazing. It just sucks how people don't notice because of the rat in a maze part.