Speeder Bike Levels - worth upgrading?

Speedwash

Speeder bike levels, so far as I see, the level 2 and 3 variations are not worth purchasing. I did do so, not so much for the minimal speed increase, but for this vaunted knock off protection. So far, while speeding around on my level 3 bike, I've aggroed a single mob 6 times and been shot off the bike 5 times with one hit from the mob. And these are regualr mobs (well one was a wandering strong). So it helped once.

Just thought it might need to have that protection tweaked up a little. But, the bike looks rather nice. :p

As it stands, any future alts will just stick with the basic models.

Yeah

Don't know what the lvl 3 skill costs but the price hike from skill 1 to 2 was pretty severe and I've not bothered with it yet because it doesn't seem worth it.

I think you've just confirmed my thoughts, thank you.

40,000 up to 210,000 just seems too much of a jump for 1 skill level.

Supposedly, upgrading your vehicle gives you a better chance of staying mounted when you aggro while running through an area, but I still feel like I get dismounted fairly often.

From a speed perspective, you're not missing much. I have level 3, and I still feel like I'm moving pretty slowly.

Yes, but only because there is nothing better to spend credits on.

True enough - but for this to be a money sink (which I suppose it is supposed to be) it will have to jump up and shout 'buy me' - not leave you going "meh, I'll pass".

Speeder bike levels, so far as I see, the level 2 and 3 variations are not worth purchasing. I did do so, not so much for the minimal speed increase, but for this vaunted knock off protection. So far, while speeding around on my level 3 bike, I've aggroed a single mob 6 times and been shot off the bike 5 times with one hit from the mob. And these are regualr mobs (well one was a wandering strong). So it helped once.

Just thought it might need to have that protection tweaked up a little. But, the bike looks rather nice. :p

As it stands, any future alts will just stick with the basic models.

The faster the speeder the easier it is to get to some places.

Sign: 66 out of 67 Datacron

The upgraded knock off protection is nice.

As a few others pointed out - it isn't that the speeders are SUCH a great value, but at some point once you have your crafting where you want it and you can repair your gear during OPS, there is just nothing else to spend your creds on ;)