What is the consular class thats always topping the meters in WZs?

badgertwo

Inquis/smuggler are the ones i always see on top.

ya good smugs are great, but much rarer than consular so I dont really have good sample.

oh when i say im 2nd thats on my trooper. shadow is tank class so i just run around annoying ppl with tmy shields and doing very little damge.

I played 5 WZ last night and in every single one a Consular was top in kills, damage and healing.

Heck in 2 of the WZ the same Consular was top in kills, damage and healing.

250k dmg & 150k healing....

I am assume they had to be Sages.

Edited by Skaol-dirtyd

To achieve 350k-ish damage: Balance (the so-called "Sever Force Build", the name also indicates the top skill in Balance)

To achieve 450k-ish damage: A hybrid Balance/Telkinetic (can't immediately recall a link to the build) but it's heavy AOE all the way, benefitting from spammable AOE from both trees.

Edited by Kyanzes

My Sage who is split between healing and balance can still do a ton of damage.

I use force in balance a lot, that adds up. I'm constantly procing my instant mind crush. Still though my level 23 Gunslinger has done more damage in WZ than my Sage ever has.

Yes it was a sage. We can get high damage like that. However we don't really have high single target burst dps. What you are seeing is AE damage. We can significantly lower a groups hps but we really need another class too come along and focus fire down individual targets.

I can top damage and healing, just by healing myself sometimes.

Doesn't mean I killed anyone though. Doesn't mean I capped any objectives. Doesn't mean I defended any objectives.

I mean, if I'm topping the meters, I must be doing something positive... but I can go on my smuggler, ninja-cap 3 doors/objectives to victory, and have 0 damage and 0 healing done.

Putting out tons of damage puts pressure on the other team and their healers, and makes them easier kills, yes... but damage isn't the only important thing required for winning.

To achieve 350k-ish damage: Balance (the so-called "Sever Force Build", the name also indicates the top skill in Balance)

To achieve 450k-ish damage: A hybrid Balance/Telkinetic (can't immediately recall a link to the build) but it's heavy AOE all the way, benefitting from spammable AOE from both trees.

If you want the spammable AoE from Telekinetic you cant get sever force (top ability fro m balance). You wont have the points to get up the Telekinetic tree.

I can top damage and healing, just by healing myself sometimes.

Doesn't mean I killed anyone though. Doesn't mean I capped any objectives. Doesn't mean I defended any objectives.

I mean, if I'm topping the meters, I must be doing something positive... but I can go on my smuggler, ninja-cap 3 doors/objectives to victory, and have 0 damage and 0 healing done.

Putting out tons of damage puts pressure on the other team and their healers, and makes them easier kills, yes... but damage isn't the only important thing required for winning.

This is very true. Kills and damage mean nothing if objectives aren't met. In that certain other game, I'll never forget how many people just used to farm kills whilst contributing nothing to the actual objectives.

If you want the spammable AoE from Telekinetic you cant get sever force (top ability fro m balance). You wont have the points to get up the Telekinetic tree.

Yeah, hence the first build is called "Severe Force" while the other is simply a hybrid. I'm sure I didn't say anything to the contrary to what you said. Or did I?

Edited by Kyanzes

Once people stop complaining about ops/scoundrel post the nerf, consular/sorc and commando/bh will be next on the list. And so the PvP nerf merry-go-round continues on...

And just like that other game, changes made for PvP will damage PvE. Maybe one day a game will come which can do both without one style of play damaging the other. I don't envy them though, trying to balance the classes is a thankless task.

Hmmm..I thought no one played Republic...that seems one of the other hot issues on this board. And besides that I saw someone telling that consulars have an ability delay on their projectile..People keep amazing me.

Actually both of those are true. There's huge population imbalance, and a number of republic side abilities are inferior to the imperial side due to factors like that (project, dirty kick, mortar volley). So, why are you amazed?