Its refreshing that there is no achivement system on this game.

HotSoupy

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah but there are achievements in this game, the OPs post is 100% incorrect.

No there aren't. Codex entries labeled as an achievement is not the same as an achievement system. Not even close.

Hell, I guarantee most people don't even know about them much less notice them when they earn them.

If you're tired of answering "no", then perhaps you should go earn the achievement with a group of friends in a guild - you know, the way MMOs should be played - with people.

Agree with the above. Unfortunately due to diversity of community and their attitudes & preconceptions, it is a catch 22 scenario.

Edited by Lucpol

No there aren't. Codex entries labeled as an achievement is not the same as an achievement system. Not even close.

Hell, I guarantee most people don't even know about them much less notice them when they earn them.

You get even experience rewards if you have add entries to your codex. It's a kind of achievement system, but you can also see it as log on your story. I like that approach better than the usual "kill 10000 players achievement"

The scariest thing is that you seem to be actually serious.

WHAT?! How You can appreciate no achievement system?

Its such a huge gap there is no such system. Ppl are bored on 50. If there would be achievement system there would be something to do. Raids cleared, daily flashpoint done, daily pvp done, weekly flashpoint/ops/pvp done, you have nothing else to do afterwards.

One of the reason HC ppl are leaving is cause they have nothing else to do..no other way to put effort in their character.

Its such a huge gap there is no such system. Ppl are bored on 50. If there would be achievement system there would be something to do. Raids cleared, daily flashpoint done, daily pvp done, weekly flashpoint/ops/pvp done, you have nothing else to do afterwards.

One of the reason HC ppl are leaving is cause they have nothing else to do..no other way to put effort in their character.

If you guzzle down your 16 year old single malt Scotch instead of sipping it slowly, it's no fault of the Lagavulin distillery.

This game is meant to be taken easy. Enjoyed at leisure, not rushed through. Sorry if you "hardcore" guys/girls don't like it - but the more I play, the more I'm convinced I'm right about this.

If you guzzle down your 16 year old single malt Scotch instead of sipping it slowly, it's no fault of the Lagavulin distillery.

This game is meant to be taken easy. Enjoyed at leisure, not rushed through. Sorry if you "hardcore" guys/girls don't like it - but the more I play, the more I'm convinced I'm right about this.

And the more I play, the more I'm convinced that dismissing people with more free time and a different outlook on the game only ends up in costing them subscriptions, money, and bad press.

Not sure why this is so hard to grasp: While I'm delighted some of you are appearantly so in love with the game that it is perfect, responding to every - single - person who has a different point of view by dismissing them and their points will result in nothing positive for the game, the community, or the state of the game in 5 months.

These games HAVE to offer the same level of gameplay for both ppl who play 1 hr a day and those who play more. I do enjoy the game, listen to covnersations but I just happen to find more time to play than others. And Im not the only one.

by the way..have you been snipping 16yo scotch with some BW main game designer or what that you feel confident sayin taht the game is meant to be taken "easily"?

I specifically recall BW statement that this game has a lot to offer to both HC and casual players. Not the case so far....and one of the main reasons for that is absence of Achievement system.

I don't really see what's the big beef with achievement systems. It's just something more to do and also a way to track your progress after you've been playing for a while. I think the people who complain the most are people who try to accomplish an achievement in a week that is supposed to be accomplished over the course of a year. And besides, if it's not fun, why do it? That virtual reward can't be that great. It's the same thing with gear grinding. People burn themselves out trying to accomplish in a short time what is supposed to take much longer... But hey, to each their own.

And the more I play, the more I'm convinced that dismissing people with more free time and a different outlook on the game only ends up in costing them subscriptions, money, and bad press.

Not sure why this is so hard to grasp: While I'm delighted some of you are appearantly so in love with the game that it is perfect, responding to every - single - person who has a different point of view by dismissing them and their points will result in nothing positive for the game, the community, or the state of the game in 5 months.

It's not about dismissing people. It's about the fact that the game is still new and therefore still has less end-game content than other games that have been around longer. And also, it's the fact that Bioware is aiming the game more at the casual crowd than the hard-core. And as I said, it's becoming more and more evident as I progress.

Not sure why you though I was dismissing that player as I was not. I was however telling them that rushing a game that is clearly not designed to be rushed is not the optimal way to play it.

These games HAVE to offer the same level of gameplay for both ppl who play 1 hr a day and those who play more. I do enjoy the game, listen to covnersations but I just happen to find more time to play than others. And Im not the only one.

by the way..have you been snipping 16yo scotch with some BW main game designer or what that you feel confident sayin taht the game is meant to be taken "easily"?

I specifically recall BW statement that this game has a lot to offer to both HC and casual players. Not the case so far....and one of the main reasons for that is absence of Achievement system.

Check my above response whilst I type in mine, if you please... Will edit presently.

The fact that the game has stuff to offer the hardcore crowd things to do does not mean that the game is designed and balanced around them. I'm pretty sure that Bioware had stated that the game was aimed more at casual players, at least at launch.

I'm not dissing you for playing hardcore or anything mate. I just think that the game was not meant to be rushed, or indeed played too hardcore - if only due to the fact that there's only so much content Bioware can add fast enough to keep hardcores sated and happy.

On launch, their goal was to provide a stable, fun leveling experience first and foremost. Now a month after they have already added a new flashpoint, and there will be even more content coming in March. Plus rated BGs, an advanced Legacy system and lots of other stuff that slowly makes the game more appealing to the more hardcore crowd.

Just have a bit of patience, content is coming.

Edited by archifikoss

I am all for achievements. Adds something to do and gives another carrot on the stick for many people. Nothing like getting people wanting to play more which in turns means more people sticking around subbing.

But who really wants to pay for a game for years and years? I think it's a nice change of pace that you can beat this game in a month or two and are free to quit and go play something else. That's one thing I hate about WoW where you have to keep playing forever because there's always more stuff you need to do. I'll be stuck playing that stupid game until I'm in the nursing home LOL it is too much to do!

Check my above response whilst I type in mine, if you please... Will edit presently.

Wont edit it presently :p

However I dont agree with Your statement. I rally thing this game (especially now after patch) has quit enough end game raiding for 1 month old game. End game is fine, but there has to be something else to do besides that like profession daily quests or above mentioned achievements to keep the interest of ppl.

But who really wants to pay for a game for years and years? I think it's a nice change of pace that you can beat this game in a month or two and are free to quit and go play something else. That's one thing I hate about WoW where you have to keep playing forever because there's always more stuff you need to do. I'll be stuck playing that stupid game until I'm in the nursing home LOL it is too much to do!

Thats how MMOs work. Dont like it? Dont play MMO, You can play single player, be done with it in 15 hours and go play something else.

Then don't do the achievements.

No no no! If I don't like them then nobody should do them. No wait... If I don't like them then they shouldn't be in the game! No wait... If I don't like them then there should be a Federal law against them and you should go to jail.

Yeah... people should quit worrying about what other people are doing with the VIDEO GAME that they are paying to play.

I realized how annoying it was to have some meaningless pop up, when i was expecting one and it didn't happen. Thank you, and please don't ruin this. you've(bioware/EA) got the potential for a good long run product here.

actually there is an achievement system in the game. However there is no badge system or separate game system tracker for them.

Wont edit it presently :p

However I dont agree with Your statement. I rally thing this game (especially now after patch) has quit enough end game raiding for 1 month old game. End game is fine, but there has to be something else to do besides that like profession daily quests or above mentioned achievements to keep the interest of ppl.

OK mate, I edited :p This is kinda funny actually, hehe.

Though my edit wasn't tailored around this current post of yours, so you may have to disregard it.

Just to be clear, I don't have anything against achievements or "hardcore" content. I would like to see an achievement system tied into the Codex somehow, to encourage people to take a break and read about the lore just as much as go after the more "gamey" aspect of achievements.

I would like to see an achievement system tied into the Codex somehow, to encourage people to take a break and read about the lore just as much as go after the more "gamey" aspect of achievements.

READ about the lore?! The achievements should reward fully voiced acted cut scenes.

I realized how annoying it was to have some meaningless pop up, when i was expecting one and it didn't happen. Thank you, and please don't ruin this. you've(bioware/EA) got the potential for a good long run product here.

Except there is... go read your codex.

I personally don't much buy into an achievement system being necessary to enjoy this game BUT this is the information age, there are many many people who want to know how many rakghouls they have killed and want some type of record, reference or title/award that would go along with it.

I don't see it as a negative for the game to implement such a system to accommodate those who are playing with those achievements in mind either in place of or complimentary to the story line. A simple UI option to "show/hide" achievements would solve the possible distraction factor or immersion breaking that it could have on certain players' experiences in the game.

As for addressing the "I don't want it because I don't want to be excluded from X guild for not showing them a report card on my achievements" point, my observation is that a guild with those minimally important requirements as DPS and KILLS/achievements are still going to have those requirements even if there is not an in-game system to prove them. Joining such a guild will be a relatively quick learning experience on compatibility between it's hard core and casual players and there will be division and derision anyway. Let those guilds who enjoy the numbers and intricacies of constantly tweaking a raid group have their method of screening and controlling what they consider quality enlistees. It really doesn't hurt a casual gamer to be excluded from a hard core guild based on achievements as there is very low likelihood that getting in 'stealthily' won't work out in the long run anyway.

Again this goes back to the premise that for a diverse player base, diverse methods of rewarding or encouraging the players should be considered and implemented. Having an option TO do something or not is better than not having any option at all in my opinion. I'd personally never join a guild that requires some sort of achievement proof to join, and I would very likely turn off any UI prompts that track my achievements in-game while I am playing... but I don't see any harm in giving the option to have those for other types of players.

Edited by TheRockit