Chosen one?

Longhate

There is something strange about the Jedi Knight storyline. DO NOT read this if you have not left Tython in your Jedi Knight story.

After defeating Bengel Morr, Bengel tells the Jedi Knight that he is impressed by his power and thinks that it is the jedi knight who will defeat the Sith Emperor.

Now, if you have seen the prequel trilogy of the Star Wars movies, you should remember that the jedi believed that Anakin Skywalker was destined to defeat the Emperor.

See the resemblence? The Jedi Knight in the old republic is said to be the one to defeat the Emperor? And Anakin Skywalker was chosen to defeat the Emperor?

So, do you think that the Jedi Knight in the old republic is the ancestor of Anakin? If not, could he/she create the story of the chosen one?

Anakin was the chosen one because he was the one who would bring balance to the force.

Indeed. But, as it turned out, the chosen one was his son Luke Skywalker, rather than himself.

Also, no one ever said Anakin was chosen to kill the emperor(heck, he wasn't even called that back then).

Indeed. But, as it turned out, the chosen one was his son Luke Skywalker, rather than himself.

Also, no one ever said Anakin was chosen to kill the emperor(heck, he wasn't even called that back then).

rofl are we watching the same movie series? the chosen one was ALWAYS anakin.'

Lucas: "Anakin is the chosen one. He does bring balance to the force by destroying the Sith, meaning The Emperor and himself. And he does this because he is redeemed by his son."

I always thought Anakin did bring balance to the force, I mean, there was a **** ton of Jedi at the time, and they were super strong, it was the Darkside that was overwhelmed. The balance came when the Darkside got stronger. Balance isn't "Darkside got defeated" That isn't balance, balance is when the Lightside and Darkside are on equal footing. Edited by Kumata

No Anakin was the Chosen One, Lucas stated this himself. He was the one who destroyed sidious and eventually died himself.

But Luke did became the Jedi that Anakin could've been.

Edited by Merihim

I always thought Anakin did bring balance to the force, I mean, there was a **** ton of Jedi at the time, and they were super strong, it was the Darkside that was overwhelmed. The balance came when the Darkside got stronger. Balance isn't "Darkside got defeated" That isn't balance, balance is when the Lightside and Darkside are on equal footing.

No it isnt. Lucas already went into explaination with this. The Light side IS the balance. The Dark side is a cancer that undoes the balance when there is Sith manipulating it. For balance to be needed ALL sith need to be destroyed. It doesnt matter if theres 10,000 jedi and 1 sith, that 1 sith will still throw out the balance.

Edited by Girdeux

I always thought Anakin did bring balance to the force, I mean, there was a **** ton of Jedi at the time, and they were super strong, it was the Darkside that was overwhelmed. The balance came when the Darkside got stronger. Balance isn't "Darkside got defeated" That isn't balance, balance is when the Lightside and Darkside are on equal footing.

That wasn't the prophecy and that wasn't balance. Sith made things imbalanced. It was fine without the Sith. the destruction of the Jedi had nothing to do with balance.

GL on Balance

"The first film starts with the last age of the Republic, which is it's getting tired, it's old, it's getting corrupt.

There's the rise of the Sith, who are becoming a force, and in the backdrop of this we have Anakin Skywalker, a young boy who is destined to be a significant player in bringing balance back to the Force and to the Republic...

Then in the second film we get into more of that turmoil. It's the beginning of the Clone Wars, it's the beginning of the end of democracy in the Republic, sort of the beginning of the end of the Republic. And it's Anakin Skywalker beginning to deal with some of his more intense emotions of anger, hatred, sense of loss, possessiveness, jealousy, and the other things he has to cope with.

And then we will get to the 3rd film where he is seduced to the dark side..

Which brings us up to the films 4, 5, and 6, in which Anakin's offspring redeem him and allow him to fulfill the prophecy where he brings balance to the Force by doing away with the Sith and getting rid of evil in the universe..."

Ah thanks for clearing it up, like I said that was how I thought it was. Now I know :)

It's no problem it's something many people get wrong. See, what many people don't realize is this. The Jedi serve the force. They may only use the light side but they follow the force as a whole. The Jedi are about balance first and foremost and the force comes before their own wants and needs.

The Jedi follow what they call the "will of the force" and this "will" is balance. If it's not "the will of the force" then they don't get involved. The truth is pain, suffering, sadness, sickness, and even death are a natural part of life. The Jedi realize this and the Jedi don't try to change these things. This is why Yoda told Anakin that if his mother is meant to die do not grieve.

Cherish the good memories he had of her. Be happy that she'll become one with the force and take peace in this. Do not mourn her loss. Don't let grief consume you. So to speak. Without the Sith there will still be war. There will still be corruption. Still there will be pain and even death.

There are other dark side religions that practice the dark side other than the Sith. Here's where they differ. These dark side religions do not try to spread darkness across the galaxy. They don't strive to kill the "Lightside" of the force. They remain on their own planets, tribes, or what have you and do their own little thing.

The Sith are different. The sith, unlike the Jedi, want the dark side to devour everything. They want the lightside to be destroyed entirely. They plunge worlds and entire systems into darkness. This is why the Sith unbalance the force.