Your rig completely owns SWTOR!?

LanceC

CPU doesn't have to be great, I'd go at least the 5 series. Crossfire 2 AMD cards running at about $150 a piece. Get at least 8 MB RAM. Get 2 hard drives at 250 GB each with RAID-0 settings. That should get you max on SWTOR at 1920 pixels. Shouldn't cost more than $1200 retail with monitor

Recommending two $150 cards and RAID? LOL. Wow, such horrible advice.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't remember the exact details, but I built a new computer about 5-6 months ago with the best high end components within a reasonable price range I could find, spent about $1500 total. All I can remember off the top of my head is that it has a 6 core processor, solid state HD, 12gb RAM, and around a $300 graphics card.

I actually break 100+ FPS in a lot of areas on full high settings, even fleet.

If you are capable (and/or know somebody to help), I'd highly recommend building your own compared to purchasing a pre-made system. More bang for you buck.

Edited by JohnSixteen

Just to feed the thread a little bit...

My rig:

Thermaltake Level 10GT tower

Intel i7-2600k @ 3.5 Ghz

Corsair H80 Liquid cooler (modified w/ speed control fan)

eVGA P67SLI Mobo

eVGA GTX560Ti 2WIN 2GB Dual GPU

mushkin Redline 2x4gb PC2133 Ram

Asus VE248H monitor

As far as FPS goes I average 80+ running around any of the zones, 120-ish during cutscenes, 60+ in warzones and full fleet, and never dip below 58 or so due to something loading. Running at 1920x1080 resolution. Load times at worst are maybe 20 seconds.

Anti-aliasing on (at 4x i believe through card settings, not game)

All game settings on max.

Edited by Marrkin

core i5 2500 OCed to 4Ghz processor with mastercooler 220 fan

8 GB 2133Mhz memories

MSI GTX 560 TI Twin Frozr 2 GB

SSD SATA II OCZ

Fortron 600W PS

make sure you have enough cooling bringing new air in the case and enough taking the hot air out of the case.

make sure you have motherboard that supports all these.

Running everything on highest. Forced everything on highest from nvidia control panel.

Solo 100+ FPS

Flashpoints 100+ FPS

8 Men Raids 80+ FPS

16 Men Raids (turning off shadows for this) 80+ FPS

Warzones 80+ FPS

Fleet 50-70 FPS (250 ppl there)

CPU core temps 56° tops after whole day of playin

GPU temperature 65° after whole day playin.

Taking some of the refund this year and buying a new system. Just wanted some input on what some of the guys are running to completely max out this game graphically and still be above 40+ fps in Fleet/Warzones without burning up the rig.

Oh and loadtimes ... gimme some examples of those with your current setup.

3930k with dual 6970.

I do NOT max out the game playing at 5760x1080p. But I'm very close.

Post your fps in ilum instead guys. kinda curious to see what everyone can pull off over there.

my 2600k@4.6ghz, 985mhz GTX460 and 8GB of RAM manages a wooping 20 fps tops running 2 raids vs 2 raids or so (rouhgly 80 to 90 ppl). thats when the memory leak that is ilum doenst crash my game after 30 minutes of pvp.

its also nto really taxing my computer, i get the same fps recording with fraps which just points to a bottleneck in the engine.

i5 2500k 3.1Ghz (standard clock speed).

Nivdia GTX 560Ti

8Gb Ram (1600 Mhz)

Asus P8Z68-V LX motherboard

Standard 32mb cache 1TB Sata 2 HDD

Windows 7

All settings maxed out.

Aside from the fleet, I get good performance everywhere (60+ fps). Stood in the centre of the fleet station, I get around 30 fps. Sometimes a bit less.

Load times: dependant on which environment. Some planets take about 20 - 30 seconds to load. Others less.

Edited by Tarka

Taking some of the refund this year and buying a new system. Just wanted some input on what some of the guys are running to completely max out this game graphically and still be above 40+ fps in Fleet/Warzones without burning up the rig.

I7 2600 3.4ghz

8gigs ram 1600 DDR3

GTX 560TI

Forgot Mobo but is Asus and like 150bucks, a medium range one

crap Hard drive: 5200rpm 400gigs (been using it for years)

I can play with all settings to max and no lag period. Dont buy AMD unless you are strapped for cash.

120gb SSD

16gig Corsair Vengence

560gtx 1gb gpu

x6 phenom 4ghz(ish)

sabertooth motherboard

watercooling

projector 96x96inch

2 x dell 24inch monitor

runs at between 40 - 90 fps at full settings most of the time with some drops in certain areas and conditions (always playable and smooth unless running into 50+ players where it takes about 2 seconds to pop them all and smooth out)

runs like a dream mixed with 60mb virgin media connection.

cost about £800 self build without displays.

I2700k (Overclocked w/ Watercooling)

16GB of Ram

120GB SSD

GTX 570 OC'd

... with SWTOR on my SSD, if the game would let me, i could probably run 4 instances of the game without much sweat, my rig destroys this game :)

with a case, mobo etc... your lookin at like $1200ish on that set-up, I suggest waiting on some newegg/tigerdirect deals and buying piece by piece.

I run the game on a laptop:

I7 2.4 GHz up to 3.5 GHz

8GB DDR3

GeForce GT 555M 3GB

I run settings on High and have no problems at all. I have not been to Illum yet so I cant comment on that, but I have not had any problems with stutters or lag in any battlegrounds.

I've not looked at the prices since I just built a computer the past summer and no longer in the market for one, but the Intel 2600K Sandy Bridge processor is great, should be reasonably priced since the new 2011's released. It benchmarked just under Intels flagship gaming models but for less than a third of the price.

My system runs the game at 115 fps with AA on high. My system is:

PROCESSOR: Intel i7 2600K Sandy Bridge @ 4.7GHz | MOTHERBOARD: Asus ROG Maximus IV Extreme-Z | VIDEO: Asus GeForce ENGTX580 DC2 (x2 SLi) | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws X Series DDR3 1333 Cas 7 | DRIVES: OCZ Vertex 3 SSD 120 (system drive) and 240 (game drive), Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB (data drive), and LG Blu-ray drive | CASE: Antec Lanboy Blue

Edited by Krynos_Pentegarn

your not getting 60+ fps on the fleet no matter who you are. Not when there at 150-200+ on the fleet. I run phenom II @ 4.0ghz quadcore, 16 gigs of ddr3 1600mhz o.c to 1800mhz, and 6990 dual gpu, all on a 1080p 23 inch 2 ms LG monitor. It drops below 40 sometimes on the fleet and goes up to 110fps anywhere else if i turn vsync off. I am running at 16x AA though i dont see much difference in performance when i turn it off, 16x does look nice. Edited by Saereth_Darklighter

My Alienware Aurora R3 (i7, 560gtx ti, 12gb) plays this max settings with no problem, while also running 2 maxed-settings EVE clients, and a World of Tanks client.

Yeah, I could've built something for cheaper, as I've always done, but luxury is nice once in a while :cool:

My Alienware Aurora R3 (i7, 560gtx ti, 12gb) plays this max settings with no problem, while also running 2 maxed-settings EVE clients, and a World of Tanks client.

Yeah, I could've built something for cheaper, as I've always done, but luxury is nice once in a while :cool:

I would not called a overpriced midrange PC luxury. You just paid extra for blinking lights when you could have gotten yourself a high end pc.

Here is what I am running, I have a 7970 on the way. (mmm good)

AMD 1055T

8 gigs of DDR3 1066.

500 G Western digital HDD 7200RPM X2

XFX 5870

750W PSU for Corsair.

Storm scout case.

Crosshair IV Formula MB.

I'm jealous of you people with 7970s already. I'm going to wait at least until Asus releases their DirectCU II version. By then maybe I'll have come to my senses and stick with my current card.

Edited by daemian

i7 2700k @ 4.5Ghz CPU

ASUS P8Z68-V Pro Mobo

(2) EVGA GTX 580 OC'd GPU (SLI)

8 GB Kingston HyperX RAM

(2) 120 GB Intel 510 SSD (raid 0 with OS and game only)

600 GB WD Velociraptor 10k RPM HDD (for data)

1000W Coolermaster Silent Pro PSU

Windows 7 64-bit Home Premium OS

Everything on max, everything turned on and FPS is never below 60 and stays at the 111.4 FPS cap for everything except the Fleet and WF's), anywhere. Load times are decent (load screens are rather lengthy in this game) and are much faster than my wife's machine (1 TB Caviar Black HDD, i7 960 CPU, GTX 560 Ti GPU, 8 GB HyperX RAM).

I'm an Art Director and do a ton of Graphic Design on my system, hence the overkill (and yes, for EPEEN measuring). My birthday present.

i7 2700k @ 4.5Ghz CPU

ASUS P8Z68-V Pro Mobo

(2) EVGA GTX 580 OC'd GPU (SLI)

8 GB Kingston HyperX RAM

(2) 120 GB Intel 510 SSD (raid 0 with OS and game only)

600 GB WD Velociraptor 10k RPM HDD (for data)

1000W Coolermaster Silent Pro PSU

Windows 7 64-bit Home Premium OS

Everything on max, everything turned on and FPS is never below 60 and stays at the 111.4 FPS cap for everything except the Fleet and WF's), anywhere. Load times are decent (load screens are rather lengthy in this game) and are much faster than my wife's machine (1 TB Caviar Black HDD, i7 960 CPU, GTX 560 Ti GPU, 8 GB HyperX RAM).

I'm an Art Director and do a ton of Graphic Design on my system, hence the overkill (and yes, for EPEEN measuring). My birthday present.

id like to see those 60 fps in ilum with a lot of ppl pvping.

CPU doesn't have to be great, I'd go at least the 5 series. Crossfire 2 AMD cards running at about $150 a piece. Get at least 8 MB RAM. Get 2 hard drives at 250 GB each with RAID-0 settings. That should get you max on SWTOR at 1920 pixels. Shouldn't cost more than $1200 retail with monitor

I'd never advise Crossfire to someone looking for a stable gaming experience. Yeah, Crossfire/SLI can get you higher than any single card, but you'll have more problems, more heat, more wasted electricity, more noise and less space than if you just bought a higher-end single card. If you're buying two higher-end cards for Crossfire/SLI than you're already in the "I'm bragging about my computer stage" and you should feel free to dump as much money as you want for that 85fps to 92fps improvement.

I run the game at 40-60fps (vsync enabled), and yes, even at the fleet it only drops to 40fps (averaged over 3s) with AA, and other details at max. I do that with a single card that I bought for $235.

I also wouldn't suggest RAID-0. There's just not much point. If you want speed, use a SSD. Otherwise, just get a good quality drive with a large buffer. If you want to feel special, partition the drive so that the system/game files are on the outermost sectors. I run SWTOR from a Western Digital Green drive spinning at 5400rpm. The game loads in a minute and planet loads are about 15-20 seconds at most.

RAID-0 is pointless. It doesn't add a significant level of speed for game play, and it doubles (actually, more than doubles) your chance of drive corruption. Serious system builders only use it to show off, now. There was a time when it was popular, but that time has passed. SSDs and 32MB caches killed it.

your not getting 60+ fps on the fleet no matter who you are. Not when there at 150-200+ on the fleet. I run phenom II @ 4.0ghz quadcore, 16 gigs of ddr3 1600mhz o.c to 1800mhz, and 6990 dual gpu, all on a 1080p 23 inch 2 ms LG monitor. It drops below 40 sometimes on the fleet and goes up to 110fps anywhere else if i turn vsync off. I am running at 16x AA though i dont see much difference in performance when i turn it off, 16x does look nice.

Yes, I do. If I was at home right now, I would link a picture of 257 people on the fleet and my FPS being 69.9 on the rig I described above.

I'm jealous of you people with 7970s already. I'm going to wait at least until Asus releases their DirectCU II version. By then maybe I'll have come to my senses and stick with my current card.

To be honest I built this PC a little over 2 years ago (about 2 1/2 now) and at that time it was pretty close to top of the line.

The 6XXX was not out at that time and the 1055T was still new.

My 5870 lasted for well over 2 years and is still fine, I got my monies worth and now I am going to sell it once my 7970 comes in tomorrow. (I got next day shipping :eek:)

So, if I get $100 back out of my 5870 I will be happy, I am under the impression that the 7970 blows the 5870 out of the water.

I have no room for dual cards so I skipped the 6 series and went with the 7.

I am hoping they are similar in length because my 5870 is a tight fit, due to the power pins on the back, where he 7970 is on the side I think.