Which companion do you run with?

Hullnyx

I would love to roll with Scorpio but Lokin is just too good compared to any other options(or should i say the other companions arent quite up for the task), his heals and CC change your stop start gameplay into direct stream of action.

I use Temple, mostly because I'm trying to score affection with her but truth be told she's not bad at all, we mow things down pretty quickly.

Its true that with Lokin your downtime reduces drastically but its just feels so unnatural as a sniper teaming up with him, I mean theres nothing more awkward than melee-tanking mobs while you snipe them from cover just a few meters away as they bash you over the head, all while the Doc slaps you with kolto packs....not exactly what I envisioned when rolling a 'sniper'.

In all honesty if I didn't care about Temples affection then I would roll with Vector all the way. He's been the best balance between effectiveness and 'naturalness', never had problems when leveling with him and he actually makes a pretty good pseudo-tank.

I was thinking of using temple also but are you able to take down elites with her?

I was thinking of using temple also but are you able to take down elites with her?

Not really have any trouble, same with Vector too. The key is to share aggro - get temple to attack first, and when she loses half her health then nuke the elite with as much dps as you can to shift aggro to you. Then at this point just burst them down.

Sometimes it goes abit iffy but the worst things that really happens is she dies and you get reduced to low health by the end. Though for normal mobs/silvers its an absolute cakewalk with her.

The good thing is that both her and Lokin use the same gear as you, so its not hard to gear them both up at the same time. Sometimes I'll pull out Lokin for some elite fights too.

Not really have any trouble, same with Vector too. The key is to share aggro - get temple to attack first, and when she loses half her health then nuke the elite with as much dps as you can to shift aggro to you. Then at this point just burst them down.

My only issue with Temple, was that since she's a ranged DPS (like us), mobs tend to jump on our collective face. That's why I stuck with Vector even after I got Temple, since he melee DPS', it meant mobs tend to stay at range (and if they try to close I have time to deal with them and keep 'em away).

I should pull her out and use her again. I like her character, and I need to up her rep since I have both Vector and Scorpio nearly maxed.

I used kaliyo basically until scorpio, I hate downtime so I would just blast everyone to death then dismiss kaliyo/scorp and resummon to full hp. I used doc for a short time in my 40's but at the time I was lethality specd for pvp, which I don't like for general questing so I wanted kaliyo to make the battles faster. Now that I'm maxed with decent gear I had given all my replaced purples to the Doc and use him exclusively for any solo or duo pve content I might be doing.

On a side note if I was to use my favorite companion it would probably be SCORPIO. I found our companions pretty blah for the most part. Not really pleasing in the personality dept. or to the eye. Just my opinion.