Delays are gone!

ShadowMasterRP

Welcome to MMOs.

Many successful MMOs today launched in a worse state then SW:TOR FYI.

That was then and this is now. BW put millions into this game and went with a crap engine? I can deal with bugs and even some lack of content in the beginning but it doesn't bode well for a game that can't even run well at the very lowest settings.

Just because it's Star Wars doesn't make it invulnerable to failure.

• Replies 724
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're assuming that people that did not have the delay problem prior, will not vote on your poll. Thats giving people way too much credit.

I would guess you are probably right, and people who did not have the issue before, and still do not notice the issue, would probably vote that the patch changed nothing if for some reason they chose to vote. Could skew the results.

That was then and this is now. BW put millions into this game and went with a crap engine? I can deal with bugs and even some lack of content in the beginning but it doesn't bode well for a game that can't even run well at the very lowest settings.

Just because it's Star Wars doesn't make it invulnerable to failure.

Hindsight is a fantastic thing isn't it? What do you mean that was then and this is now? Are you really going to make the claim not starting from now there will never be anymore "bad" mmo launches?

You're right it doesn't. I fail to see the relevance of that comment, to the post you quoted.

You're assuming that people that did not have the delay problem prior, will not vote on your poll. Thats giving people way too much credit.

No, i am sure they will but it will blur the results as the focus of the poll is to see if those that had issues with it prior to the update noticed a change.

If i had made a poll about the a coffe machine. And let's say that 70% of the bought products weren't working properly. The company take back all the 70% defective coffe machines to work on the issue.

Two months later the coffe machine that had problems are sent back to their owners. So i decide to make a poll to see if those 70% affected with the issue are happy with it. You are basicly asking me why i haven't added an option "i am one of the customers that was lucky enough to have a working product from the start"

Two reason why this is pointless :

- This will affect the % of the other answers that are relevant

- The % of votes stating that they had a working product from the begining will not even reflect the number of consummers that had a working product as the other responses will false the numbers.

Again, this was my polls question " Did you notice a change with the ability delays?". If you never had the issue, good fot you, but you are vote is not going to add anything to the picture.

This isn't to say that i am not interested in those like that that never had ability delays, so maybe i'll do an other poll to check that.

Still getting ability delay here, still feels slow paced.

Shame if this is their idea of "fixed".

Read the patch note.

Replace 'Fixed', by 'adressed'.

Shame if this is your idea of fixed indeed.

Edited by Alianar

its a partial fix if you read the ability delay post. rest of the fixes should be coming in the next update.

But the way people are describing it on the forum is it is completely fixed, it is almost the same as it used to be.

Still sub standard fluid combat compared to other MMOs.

Edited by HeroXx

But the way people are describing it on the forum is it is completely fixed, it is almost the same as it used to be.

Still sub standard fluid combat compared to other MMOs.

cause the delay was many issues and not everyone experienced all of them (or noticed them). so it will seem fixed for some people but not for everyone.

Delay is not gone, tested it in pvp.

Response time when clicking stuff, objects included, is better but not 100% fixed.

But they introduced new bugs:

sound and animation skip. often there is a castbar without any kind of animation or sound.

damn 2-days-tested patches. go and learn from blizzard.

Edited by squiek

No, i am sure they will but it will blur the results as the focus of the poll is to see if those that had issues with it prior to the update noticed a change.

If i had made a poll about the a coffe machine. And let's say that 70% of the bought products weren't working properly. The company take back all the 70% defective coffe machines to work on the issue.

Two months later the coffe machine that had problems are sent back to their owners. So i decide to make a poll to see if those 70% affected with the issue are happy with it. You are basicly asking me why i haven't added an option "i am one of the customers that was lucky enough to have a working product from the start"

Two reason why this is pointless :

- This will affect the % of the other answers that are relevant

- The % of votes stating that they had a working product from the begining will not even reflect the number of consummers that had a working product as the other responses will false the numbers.

Again, this was my polls question " Did you notice a change with the ability delays?". If you never had the issue, good fot you, but you are vote is not going to add anything to the picture.

This isn't to say that i am not interested in those like that that never had ability delays, so maybe i'll do an other poll to check that.

I think all he was saying is people who never had the issue might simply vote that they noticed no change, which will make it look like for them the patch was a failure at fixing the issue.

This is a non-issue though imo, as why do we really care that much? ;)

What worries me is that a lot (read: not all) of the patch notes say things like "will reduce the perception of delay" or "will appear less delayed". I'm sure they are aware that it's more than simply a perception issue, but there's been this niggling doubt in the back of my mind.

That said, I've not logged into the game since today's patch as I'm at work, so I will reserve judgement until then.

I was still getting delays on my trooper last night, charged bolt specifically. Half the time it just doesn't fire at all.

Troopers are even worse than before, it seems to me. Just my luck: I made a trooper because playing my jedi knight was almost unbearable, and now bioware has broken the trooper too.

Delay is not gone, tested it in pvp.

Response time when clicking stuff, objects included, is better but not 100% fixed.

But they introduced new bugs:

sound and animation skip. often there is a castbar without any kind of animation or sound.

damn 2-days-tested patches. go and learn from blizzard.

The didn't say all the delay was fixed, they said it was significantly improved. They also said nothing about animation related issues, which is another part.

Introducing new bugs is unfortunate, but at least they are usually quick to release addendum patches to correct those. They don't exactly have the time frame that Blizzard has right now with WoW to test, as TOR is newer and many of the problems are quite urgent if they want to keep players.