Five things SWTOR got RIGHT!

Darth_Vampirius

I can think of 3 things that The Old Republic smashed out of the park.

PvE combat, Story, and crafting. Companion system gets honorable mention. Would of loved to have a team of 3.

Solo leveling is a lot of fun for me. It's not really typical MMO auto attack /afk stuff. I don't remember the stories of any MMO I ever played. Crafting is so bad in other MMOs. I can't even play Skyrim anymore because of how long I sat at the forge.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I love the OP, it was well thought out. I enjoyed reading it. I hope to read more stuff from you soon, thanks for sharing. :D

If you like that then you'll also probably love the collection of fairy tales and Disney books I have in the closet!

Negative. People's opinion's vary. I did darn near every quest available and once I hit 50 I even went back to do quests I missed (yeah, I'm a completionist). I found very little of it funny. Also, I was far more interested in WoW's story than I am in SWTOR's. Obviously, story quality is subjective.

As which class? Very little of some classes stories are funny. The Inquisitor comes to mind, depending on how you play. Of course while leveling with my partner he chose all the snarky options on his Inquisitor, so it was indeed quite a riot.

I'm not going to spend much time on this because it is obviously a fan based post that ignored what this game is. Everything in the OP, aren't even real "things" or you are nit picking at things like the names of the monsters you have to kill.

are you telling us that, having EIGHT times the story and voice acting of kotor 1 for EACH class ( makes 64 times the game kotor was ), is not 'a real thing' ?

what is a 'real' thing ?

no dont answer - i can already guess.

I guess you didn't do any of the quests in this game or if you did, spacebarred. Also WoW's story was objectively crap.

can you give an example of this humor? maybe its because ive only done empire, but everything is just My subordinates are useless please go kill things for me.

i guess i did find one thing a bit amusing, inquisitor spoiler.

the Khem/Zash dual personality bit

but its not intended to be funny...

As which class? Very little of some classes stories are funny. The Inquisitor comes to mind, depending on how you play. Of course while leveling with my partner he chose all the snarky options on his Inquisitor, so it was indeed quite a riot.

My main is indeed an Inquisitor. I started snarky but it didn't really seem snarky enough so I gave up and went full evil. Though I occasionally deviate just to change things up a bit. My alts are Imperial Agent and Sith Warrior. I'd have to say the only things that I have found amusing are the love letters Kaliyo sends and some of Scorpio's one liners.

@ Tiaa

I think I love you....

@ guy above me

Try reading the quest dialogue. Contrary to popular belief, WoW does have a lot of stories and some of them are quite good. Also, if after reading the quest dialogue you still don't want to kill bloodsail pirates, go to one of the other zones in your level range.

Collect poop quests anyone?

:rolleyes:

I dunno, man. Fairy tales contain some pretty messed up stuff. So do Disney movies, but they're pretty good at hiding it behind a sugar coated topping.

Kind of like MMOs that hide under sour coated WoW toppings!

Edited by Tiaa

The entire Smuggler setup, story, and class in this game, could easily be a game in itself that sold millions.

I have actually laughed seriously irl, many times while playing smuggler. some jokes could put best written hollywood jokes to shame.

and then circa level 40 enters the all-star guss. then it becomes a circus.

I can think of 3 things that The Old Republic smashed out of the park.

PvE combat, Story, and crafting. Companion system gets honorable mention. Would of loved to have a team of 3.

Solo leveling is a lot of fun for me. It's not really typical MMO auto attack /afk stuff. I don't remember the stories of any MMO I ever played. Crafting is so bad in other MMOs. I can't even play Skyrim anymore because of how long I sat at the forge.

how did you spend forever at the forge in skyrim? dwarven armor levels you like crazy and its easy to get a ton of materials.... It was also way better than the poor excuse for crafting in this game. The combat in this game ranges from nothing special to awful depending on the class. the story is alright, definitely nothing amazing compared to mass effect but for another developer this would have been a pretty good story.

My main is indeed an Inquisitor. I started snarky but it didn't really seem snarky enough so I gave up and went full evil. Though I occasionally deviate just to change things up a bit. My alts are Imperial Agent and Sith Warrior. I'd have to say the only things that I have found amusing are the love letters Kaliyo sends and some of Scorpio's one liners.

It's all in the dialogue options, really. My Bounty Hunter flip flopped between boisterous and sarcastic in acts one and two to more than a little cold hearted by act three. Came out of it alright though and took the Lightside ending.

Except Skadge had to be a jerk and ruin it by going -1000 total affection because I was honorable.

Crafting isn't supposed to be exciting. I'd rather have clunky combat than anything I can afk through.

I don't expect crafting to be exciting but I like it better when I'm more involved. Also, paying for stuff that most other games let me get for free irks me a bit.

With TOR as it is right now, I could AFK through combat. I never did it in WoW or any other game I played and I certainly don't plan to do it in TOR. As I like to actually PLAY my video games, I would prefer it if the combat was smoother and more responsive.

The entire Smuggler setup, story, and class in this game, could easily be a game in itself that sold millions.

I have actually laughed seriously irl, many times while playing smuggler. some jokes could put best written hollywood jokes to shame.

and then circa level 40 enters the all-star guss. then it becomes a circus.

guess i'll have to try smuggler... if i can manage to commit to the republic side

I don't expect crafting to be exciting but I like it better when I'm more involved. Also, paying for stuff that most other games let me get for free irks me a bit.

With TOR as it is right now, I could AFK through combat. I never did it in WoW or any other game I played and I certainly don't plan to do it in TOR. As I like to actually PLAY my video games, I would prefer it if the combat was smoother and more responsive.

Please please please don't tell me you just stated that WoW was a challenge in any way shape or form. You will make me spit my drink out if you try to even imply that. lol

And maybe we're not playing the same game, cus last I checked there's no auto attack and companions won't hold up to any real attacks.

Please please please don't tell me you just stated that WoW was a challenge in any way shape or form. You will make me spit my drink out if you try to even imply that. lol

And maybe we're not playing the same game, cus last I checked there's no auto attack and companions won't hold up to any real attacks.

I know, I almost responded to that, but it was like "Way too obvious." :D

I didn't say anything about any game being challenging. And we are playing the same game. There's no auto attack here either. But I have gone AFK in the middle of an area I had just cleared and when I got back Xalek had killed 1 dude and was doing fine with 1 other. Again, as I like to actually PLAY my video games, I immediately killed the mobs and then went on about my day.

Nice attempt to twist my words into something they weren't though. Try a little harder next time, please.

*yawn* fanbois *yawn*

No kidding- Blizz fanbois are out in droves today.

Funny, I'd have thought those that didn't like the game wouldn't have subbed again... that's the great part- you know now that everyone who is trolling the forums actually enjoys the game enough to be paying for it.