Really tired of level 7's autoclicking chests on Ilum.

KipMalice

Earlier today, I was soloing a boss-class mob guarding a chest, and a level 12 republic player comes and yoinks a chest, as I'm fighting it, just as the chest spawned /facepalm. I mean they walked over a second or two after the chest spawned, stood there for a moment, and began looting. The boss was friendly to Republic players, so it wouldn't have attacked them regardless, it just kinda annoyed me.

On the plus side, the boss dropped 5k, and a recipe that'll sell for another 5k or so.

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Strangely, this thread is not locked.

There is a reason why Bioware is not doing anything about it. And I don't want to find it out.

It smells of rotten fish, tbh. Afraid of banning too many people? Or just busy with something else? Or there are people among personnel who are interested in chest farming be exploited for their own illegal benefits?

Whatever reason it may be - the design is lame.

I remember Blizz caught players exploiting Cata nodes/fish before expansion hit live.

They quickly solved the problem and took all items away.

Here, farm all you want and enjoy the game.

I myself found 2 nice farming spots where no one bothers to come and make it so that I just stand casually nearby. :D

Actually in wow there was an exploit when MC (vanilla) launched that let you loot DOMO's chest. They banned the people / farmers / bots that did it if I remember correctly. Same thing needs to happen here.

I read the entire thread, saw the videos, and not one person has mentioned the easiest fix for this:

Have the chest spawn at various places with varying cool downs between spawns. It could spawn here or there or 5 other places each time it spawns. It also could spawn in 7 minutes or it could be 30 minutes or even 3 hours. Remove the benefit for camping them and problem solved. The 'intended' good feeling for being the lucky guy to come across one remains.

All the chests need is a RNG added to them.

Edited by Twolow

Assuming the CGFs don't visit or read the forums, BW should just add a couple of chests to Ilum that will drop 1 million credits and a really epic, rare (but useless) piece of loot. Warn all of the players to not touch these chests, then wait for the gold farmers to camp them and ban everyone who touches the special chests.

You need to understand that Bioware makes no money banning hackers. They do make money from the hackers' accounts as long as they don't find ways of bypassing subscription.

Yes, a good business model encourages MMO companies to keep elements of their community that really piss paying subscribers off and threatens the security and integrity of the MMO...

What hacker or RMTer pays for subscriptions anymore? That's money out of their pocket that I'm sure they'd rather have in profit while they bleed the MMO.

Developers most likely loose more money to fraud from RMT and people leaving their MMO because of hacking, exploits, and RMT than they lose from the RMTers and hackers they ban.

I read the entire thread, saw the videos, and not one person has mentioned the easiest fix for this:

Have the chest spawn at various places with varying cool downs between spawns. It could spawn here or there or 5 other places each time it spawns. It also could spawn in 7 minutes or it could be 30 minutes or even 3 hours. Remove the benefit for camping them and problem solved. The 'intended' good feeling for being the lucky guy to come across one remains.

All the chests need is a RNG added to them.

This makes the most sense.

At the very least, it would require a human being to be moving around to GET the chest instead of a botting program that can loot it like we have now.

saw a level 20 on correlia doing that, and i killed him, he was standing behind two champion republic mobs, waiting for chest pops, he was just afk. You shouldnt be allowed to loot chests guarded by friendly npcs thats just bad design.

saw a level 20 on correlia doing that, and i killed him, he was standing behind two champion republic mobs, waiting for chest pops, he was just afk. You shouldnt be allowed to loot chests guarded by friendly npcs thats just bad design.

That's the other thing: these chests are typically guarded by elite or better mobs, meaning that BW intended for players to gather them AFTER killing the mobs, not standing there AFK for days on end, autolooting the chests.

Xabos gets it. ivanthehog does not thus, defending the botters. Like I said if you don't know something, it's better to listen before you form an opinion. Botters like that, rarely do this to increase their "main's" credit balance. They do it to sell the credits for real money. That's what's ruining the games' economies and that's what I was trying to explain in my post a few pages back.

Gold farmers do NOT create credits out of whole cloth. They farm it within the game. There is absolutely no difference between a gold farmer and a guy sitting at work farming the same thing over and over and accumulating a huge sum of credits. I've seen it in other games. I have a friend in City of Heroes that has 67 BILLION influence. If you sold his accumulation of gear he would easily be over 200 billion. He bought zero..nothing. it is all farmed. When he wants gear..he easily overbids anyone. The devs in this game built inflation into the game. The whole game is full of money sinks. That will have a bigger effect than junior using dads credit card and buying 5 mill credits.

Think about when the first expansion comes out and everything inflates....they should have devalued the credit and had earnings and expenses at 10% of what they are now. Games dont have real economies. stop trying to act like there really is supply and demand in a game.

Because the only level 7 players on Ilum are exploiters, likely CGFs.

I brought a guildy on a level 9 toon to ilum just to disprove this. he stayed 10 min, in the starter area and exploited nothing. Nothing has been done to the level 50 exploiters that used empty battlegrounds to get levels quick in the first 2 days. what should be done to those people?

I brought a guildy on a level 9 toon to ilum just to disprove this. he stayed 10 min, in the starter area and exploited nothing. Nothing has been done to the level 50 exploiters that used empty battlegrounds to get levels quick in the first 2 days. what should be done to those people?

Those players don't continue to damage the game by flooding the economy with credits or offering pay to win situations in which players can buy credits for real money.

Because the only level 7 players on Ilum are exploiters, likely CGFs.
what exactly are they exploiting?

Is opening a chest exploiting? I've opened lots of chests. Have you opened chests?

Is traveling to a planet exploiting? I've traveled to lots of planents. Have you traveled to planets?

It's the selling the credits for RL dollars that causes problems. And that's all those bot lowbies are there for. If you can't understand how selling credits harms the game economy, then you're either dense or obtuse.

the act of selling credits harms nothing. Its when these guys get huge lump sums to throw like water thats the problem. Farming chests is just the current easy way. The gold farmers will find another way to rake in the credits 10 min after the devs nerf the chests. You are trying to nerf the symptom, not the disease.

what exactly are they exploiting?

Is opening a chest exploiting? I've opened lots of chests. Have you opened chests?

Is traveling to a planet exploiting? I've traveled to lots of planents. Have you traveled to planets?

Standing there while exploiting a invisibility game hack or hiding underneath the ground with a terrain hack to avoid anyone/anything seeing them to be able to attack/report them is obviously exploiting.

Google it, it exists. The latest version of the cheat boasts these new features:

-anti-stun (not yet implemented)

-anti-slow (works fine with speed multi)

-noclip

-teleport

-zero gravity

-superfly (finished but not yet implemented)

Obviously between teleport and no clip they can hide behind a rock, wall, or underneath the ground next to a chest.

The same site I googled has farm bots boasting gains of 100k a hour on Corellia so its not all in the highly visible area of end game planets. 100k a hour while I'm asleep or at work? Profitable but I enjoy not worrying about my account being banned more.

Edited by Twolow

the act of selling credits harms nothing. Its when these guys get huge lump sums to throw like water thats the problem. Farming chests is just the current easy way. The gold farmers will find another way to rake in the credits 10 min after the devs nerf the chests. You are trying to nerf the symptom, not the disease.

The "disease" is that there are items in game that players want to buy and they don't want to farm for hours/years to buy them.

The "disease" will never be cured. On the other hand, BW can at least limit goldseller access to boxes of free money that can be easily harvested by a botting player.

you sure of that? do you think the chinese gold farmers didnt preorder in june just for that reason?

What the HELL are you talking about?

My response was to someone complaining about how the level 50s who exploited to 50 aren't being punished.

The people who leveled to 50 aren't being punished because they're not the ones bot-looting chests 24/7, pulling in unnatural amounts of credits that BW has said they don't want happening.

Standing there while exploiting a invisibility game hack or hiding underneath the ground with a terrain hack to avoid anyone/anything seeing them to be able to attack/report them is obviously exploiting.

Google it, it exists. The latest version of the cheat boasts these new features:

-anti-stun (not yet implemented)

-anti-slow (works fine with speed multi)

-noclip

-teleport

-zero gravity

-superfly (finished but not yet implemented)

Obviously between teleport and no clip they can hide behind a rock, wall, or underneath the ground next to a chest.

The same site I googled has farm bots boasting gains of 100k a hour on Corellia so its not all in the highly visible area of end game planets. 100k a hour while I'm asleep or at work? Profitable but I enjoy not worrying about my account being banned more.

There are MANY hacks out right now and the way SWToR is designed they aren't monitoring memory. So basically it is free hack time right now. They need to get this fixed asap.