Really tired of level 7's autoclicking chests on Ilum.

KipMalice

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What they need to do is add a few mobs, level isn't critical, standard 45's or so.

In a manner that the wider aggro radius of an insanely under leveled player would trigger cleanly, whereas a 40 might, and a 50 wouldn't have to worry so much.

I had some success aggroing them on a 35 Juggernaut and getting the bots hit with AOE but its not guaranteed, but my death is.

I went back on a 48 or so sniper on corellia and those golds still gave me trouble enough that I couldn't practically try to kill the bot and do well myself.

Also one positioned himself on the side of a box, on a grate so the aoe wouldn't hit him but he could still interact with the chest even though hes a good 10m above it.

Just put champions with a high lvl stealth detect next to the chests. What I also don't get, except for a hack, why people on the opposite faction aren't farming the lvl 7s on Ilum. I thought you got flagged for pvp on Ilum?

Because they generally are invisible and untargetable.

Check out the videos posted at that start.

~~DukeP~~

BW nor will respond, nor will ban this accounts. The only thing that will happen in this case 1.cheaters(credit sellers) will have more info on what Bioware plans are 2.they will just go to another account and continue to farm credits.

Instead BW probably prefers to quietly watch them and gather info on how they operate and how the software they use works. And then when they have enough info gathered to make up some strategy and software updates to counter them.

Edited by SBite

first off, there is no real economy in this game, at most its a trading game. The only real issue is that excessive cash will create an issue for new players, and even then given the surplus of items on the AH prices will only inflate on rare items. additionally its simple to make cash in this game, so mudflation will be silly anyway, since there is zero balance.

Only money sinks at high levels are operation groups, and even then its not bad, unless your dealing with people who cant figure out how to play there class.

first off, there is no real economy in this game, at most its a trading game. The only real issue is that excessive cash will create an issue for new players, and even then given the surplus of items on the AH prices will only inflate on rare items. additionally its simple to make cash in this game, so mudflation will be silly anyway, since there is zero balance.

Only money sinks at high levels are operation groups, and even then its not bad, unless your dealing with people who cant figure out how to play there class.

This is true. Money is a NON-issue.

You can do all the solo dailies and earn 150k/day easy-peasy.

Doing hard-modes without a death can easily earn you 25-50k.

Because they generally are invisible and untargetable.

Check out the videos posted at that start.

~~DukeP~~

They are not invisible. The players are under the ground. They are gold/credit farmers. They do the same thing in WoW to avoid getting ganked and killed by MOB's.

And this bothers you so much exactly why?

Are they stealing your easy-to-pick chests?

Good grief. There is always someone who chucks in a throwaway line like this without putting brain into gear first.

It does bother most people I think, for most players understand the implications that gold farming and exploiting have on balance and economy.

Good grief. There is always someone who chucks in a throwaway line like this without putting brain into gear first.

It does bother most people I think, for most players understand the implications that gold farming and exploiting have on balance and economy.

Actually there are more things to get hysterical over then a game.All this the sky is falling really sounds pretty silly.Botters have been on online games for years.D2,GW and I sure you find a long list of games.What bothers me is those that want to control parts of this game to stop them.So they penalize how many people just to stop them?I swear this forum would of been great for my paper in Abnormal Psyc class.

Seems like the smartest and easiest way to do this would be to level restrict planets...when you go to the galaxy map there is already a level range listed.

If youre level 7 trying to enter Ilum then a security droid politely explains that you dont have enough Republic or Imperial security level.....City of Heroes has been doing this in its instanced zones for years for this very reason.

Edited by Fezra

Actually there are more things to get hysterical over then a game.All this the sky is falling really sounds pretty silly.Botters have been on online games for years.D2,GW and I sure you find a long list of games.What bothers me is those that want to control parts of this game to stop them.So they penalize how many people just to stop them?I swear this forum would of been great for my paper in Abnormal Psyc class.

I think you have that backwards...if they werent farming to start with then no one would need to penalized or have restrictions.

Those who advocate anarchy are just as guilty as those who take advantage of it.

All you need to do is make the chests randomly spawn. It stops AFK gold farmers, and it doesn't hurt anyone else.

Putting a level restriction wouldn't do anything, it would just push them back a week before they level a character.

All you need to do is make the chests randomly spawn. It stops AFK gold farmers, and it doesn't hurt anyone else.

Putting a level restriction wouldn't do anything, it would just push them back a week before they level a character.

There you go.That is the thing.Why should others have to pay for what they do.Your suggestion sounds pretty good.They will have to actively search to find them.There should be enough critters around to slow them down.Over 10 years of playing online there has always been botters.Still you want to slow it down at least.GW banned 3700 accounts one time.D2 used to have a program that would search for violations.They had some real big bans there.I forget how many thousands.

There you go.That is the thing.Why should others have to pay for what they do.Your suggestion sounds pretty good.They will have to actively search to find them.There should be enough critters around to slow them down.Over 10 years of playing online there has always been botters.Still you want to slow it down at least.GW banned 3700 accounts one time.D2 used to have a program that would search for violations.They had some real big bans there.I forget how many thousands.

Have to pay for what? You DO understand that EVERY chest on almost EVERY server is being camped by a hacker. So right now NO ONE is getting chests other than the hackers.

To make matters worse ToR's anti cheat system doesn't detect Cheat Engine which is destroying this game right now.