This game just isn't finished.

Oceanzen

So when my abilities like stealth dont fire after 9 button presses my i7, 550Ti, 8g of ram and new motherboard are the problem!

Do you people just defend EVERYTHING bioware does?

I am going to call BS on you. How about I make you a video of me spamming my stealth and not entering it OR using maul, getting the animation but no damage, only for the gcd to fire and it become useable again?

I swear some of you have to be plants, no on would be this oblivious to the blatant delays in this game.

Yes, the game has bugs and flaws.

But he said "most polished." Not perfect. Calm down. I've never seen "Additional Instances Cannot be Launched at This Time" in TOR, which in my book makes it more polished than WoW.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

So when my abilities like stealth dont fire after 9 button presses my i7, 550Ti, 8g of ram and new motherboard are the problem!

Do you people just defend EVERYTHING bioware does?

I am going to call BS on you. How about I make you a video of me spamming my stealth and not entering it OR using maul, getting the animation but no damage, only for the gcd to fire and it become useable again?

I swear some of you have to be plants, no on would be this oblivious to the blatant delays in this game.

And I'd do the same on you, as my BF's AMD Quad with 4 gig on XP and a GTS 450 has absolutely no lag on abilities whatsoever. He's running tanks and I have to use his system to play on my account with no personal experience of lag at all.

And I'd do the same on you, as my BF's AMD Quad with 4 gig on XP and a GTS 450 has absolutely no lag on abilities whatsoever. He's running tanks and I have to use his system to play on my account with no personal experience of lag at all.

Figures, go to the assassin forums, find my post, look at the link in the post.

Or do you want to call bs again?

There is an ability delay ISSUE, the devs ACKNOWLEDGED IT, so where do you get off calling bs it's your system?

I run this sob on MAX with 60+ FPS. I was in ilum among 80+ imperials and the game was smooth as silk.

Try again. Or should I make a video to prove you wrong, again?

Edited by Liberate

Figures, go to the assassin forums, find my post, look at the link in the post.

Or do you want to call bs again?

There is an ability delay ISSUE, the devs ACKNOWLEDGED IT, so where do you get off calling bs it's your system?

I run this sob on MAX with 60+ FPS. I was in ilum among 80+ imperials and the game was smooth as silk.

Try again. Or should I make a video to prove you wrong, again?

BS was called that and was backed up by quoting system specs. I responded in kind. If you complain and then back up complaint by specifically stating X when X isn't represented equally in an objective fashion, don't complain when someone takes it to the mat.

I'm aware some people have an issue, but that issue isn't one that someone should backup by saying that "my system is X and IT has a problem" when lesser tier systems have no issue. Simply quoting that there IS an officially acknowledged issue would do.

In other words, don't kvetch because the argument I quoted is framed like the Titanic.

I play on a 6+ year old Gateway XPS500. Of course the graphics are turned down, but it runs pretty fine and is very stable.

How is it that the game runs horrible on better machines but fine on mine? Tell your friend to turn down his graphics. His machine isn't as good as he thinks it is.

Because you're either a liar or delusional. I have a Q6600 @ 2.4ghz and a 470GTX and I have to play on everyone low + no shadows in order to get ~20fps, and ~10fps in WZs.

I get like 50 when there is nothing on the screen, but walking through the Fleet I get ~15-20fps.

The specific issue I'm referring to is not an FPS issue, it must be poor optimization of the game engine coding. This would be a very likely explanation of the wide variability in performance, combat delay, etc. Since optimization is a common process in game production, I can't imagine they simply neglected it. They either have a flawed engine, or they didn't have time to optimize.

Bugs which are (or are going to be) corrected.

Still not concerning everyone.

What is your standard of quality then?

WoW?

You want us to discuss about ability delay on lag in pvp, with wintergrasp for example, during LK: the delay wasnt 2 seconds you're right....it was 20 seconds!

How long? I bet that with their "high standard of quality" it was corrected within 2 days.... nope. It took 2 months to correct it...

Or maybe you prefer talking about the outrage of Illum, and its pvp exploits...

sure, then we can talk also about pvp exploits of Tol Barad at the release of Cata.

For having played wow since release I can assure you that every major patch has brought an army of major bugs, critical bugs, cases of unplayability.

Mate, I'm going to say it simply: learn2mmo.

Edited by Draksen

So.. It's 2012, and 300m dollars latter we have an MMO that honestly takes a step back in responsiveness?

I think there is a problem this game with multi-core processors. Something is up with a mixture of animation, cpu processing and server related issues.

I warzone a lot recently. And it is evident why everyone is playing ranged inq and bh's. The skill delay for ranged isn't as bad as up close fighters.

Nothing says Waaaat? when I shadow strike and the animation winds up twice like some baseball pitch, nothing happens. Or spinning strike and I spaz around with my arms waving in the air.

Those who don't have problems and proudly post on the forums are lying. Never any MMO i have played that I have noticed such skill delay and responsiveness than SWTOR.

300 million dollars for what? A great single player story line.

Edited by Grapenut

Concerning the official post in response to combat delay: "We have identified over 100 separate issues that could be affecting combat delay" is basically just saying that they have not finished optimizing the engine.

In other words, the game wasn't finished.

Concerning the official post in response to combat delay: "We have identified over 100 separate issues that could be affecting combat delay" is basically just saying that they have not finished optimizing the engine.

In other words, the game wasn't finished.

Yeah I read that blog, too. That's not what it said. At all. Please stop giving the community misinformation.

I warzone a lot recently. And it is evident why everyone is playing ranged inq and bh's. The skill delay for ranged isn't as bad as up close fighters.

No it's teh same, simply you dont suffer as much of it because you dont have to reach to target, unless it is escaping from you.

Ability delay is going to be corrected.

Since last patch it's slightly better for me. Before 1.1 I had a 2-3 sec ability cast delay, and wasnt able to play warzones at all. I bet next patch will be the one you're waiting for.

I have faith that they will correct it. I am enjoying the game a lot. There is plenty of class/combos I can play until then. I'll be annoyed still with the unresponsiveness but I can tolerate it for now.

Just when GW2 or whatever comes out...

And I push the 'punch otherguy' in the face button. And it works..

And if SWTOR is still unresponsive...

Then I'll have to reconsider what game I will spend the majority of my pvp time in. I think a lot of people will too.

Edited by Grapenut