5 People in Imperial Fleet (including me)

Wizzrobe

The servers you're complaining about never had a lot of people to begin with. If you get the feeling that the numbers are dwindling it's because most people on your server have figured out they need to re-roll on a more populace server. You need to follow suit. (you never should have rolled on anything but a heavy server to begin with, it's common sense)

No, it's not common sense for those of us who rolled on the server on launch day when Bioware purposefully throttled the full and heavy servers into having hour long queue times to move people into the newer servers. Plus, there was a time when this server actually went to 'heavy' at primetime, but that time has long since passed.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The servers you're complaining about never had a lot of people to begin with. If you get the feeling that the numbers are dwindling it's because most people on your server have figured out they need to re-roll on a more populace server. You need to follow suit. (you never should have rolled on anything but a heavy server to begin with, it's common sense)

Doing contrary to Bioware's recommendation to roll on a more lightly populated server is common sense? Okay. I guess I should be happy. Being told to reroll is at least an improvement from being told that me and my evidence are mistaken somehow and acknowledges the problem exists.

Still, it's troubling that people's slavish devotion to Bioware is so intense as to lead them to blame players for taking the developer's advice.

Im on 1 of the busiest servers. A pvp server to boot.

Today I logged in at about 8:30pm EST and went to Illum. There was no repubs at all on the battlefield and 2 instances worth of ops group on Imperial side. I left because its not fun running around picking up crates, let alone when your competing with 20 people for those crates.

Then I go to Fleet at about 9ish pm and que for warzones.....I just logged off at 9:40 because not 1 single game had popped.

a PVP server where I cant PvP.....this game is doomed.

Im on 1 of the busiest servers. A pvp server to boot.

Today I logged in at about 8:30pm EST and went to Illum. There was no repubs at all on the battlefield and 2 instances worth of ops group on Imperial side. I left because its not fun running around picking up crates, let alone when your competing with 20 people for those crates.

Then I go to Fleet at about 9ish pm and que for warzones.....I just logged off at 9:40 because not 1 single game had popped.

a PVP server where I cant PvP.....this game is doomed.

They should really do cross serer PvP. I don't PvP myself at all, but from the people I know who do, it seems like all of them just want to PvP, and they really don't care about some kind of server rivalry, they would rather have cross server PvP. I could be wrong, but I would guess that most people really don't care about server rivalry, they just want to PvP.

Hate to break it to ya but even during launch week, on the rebel side the zones were barelyt populated. Just face it the game is going down the tubes as we speak.

The magic was short lived. It has worn off, and is starting to go stale. Much quicker than I expected TBH.

Quicker? You're a nice guy.

What exactly do you want OP?

If your server became more popular, you would only be riddle with lag in this crappy engine that can't handle itself.

And if you went to another server, the same would be happening, only half the people you want to see would be in another instance.

What exactly do you want OP?

If your server became more popular, you would only be riddle with lag in this crappy engine that can't handle itself.

And if you went to another server, the same would be happening, only half the people you want to see would be in another instance.

Being in another instance is fine, just because all instances of the planet still see the same chat channel and /who. When servers are more populated, the better chance we can group up for heroics and flashpoints.

Being in another instance is fine, just because all instances of the planet still see the same chat channel and /who. When servers are more populated, the better chance we can group up for heroics and flashpoints.

Not to mention I might be able to find something I want on the market, or actually have people around to buy what I post.

I fail to see why people would want to roll on low population servers in the first place.

I always though some waiting in the queue is much better when compared to low population.

My server is almost always full.

Besides there is always an option to re roll on a different server.

My friends and i did just that (though not because of low population, that was just fine, but because of the fact that everyone was Empire :)).

Frankly that is your only solution because i really don't think there will be server merges anytime soon, maybe payed character transfer will become an option, who knows.

I fail to see why people would want to roll on low population servers in the first place.

I always though some waiting in the queue is much better when compared to low population.

My server is almost always full.

Besides there is always an option to re roll on a different server.

My friends and i did just that (though not because of low population, that was just fine, but because of the fact that everyone was Empire :)).

Frankly that is your only solution because i really don't think there will be server merges anytime soon, maybe payed character transfer will become an option, who knows.

It was not low on launch day, no servers were. I did not roll on the server expecting it to be low.

Yes, we can reroll (and I just may) but, as I've said many times in this thread, that does nothing to fix the problem. The server is still there, it just has one less person on it (making it even slightly worse for those left behind).

If you are suggesting that everyone on that server reroll elsewhere then what's the difference between merging it with another and shutting it down? Would it be better for everyone on the server to reroll and leave an empty server on the list for no reason?

I just logged and there were 9 people in the fleet. NINE PEOPLE (well until I logged, then 8). It's 10:40PM EST, there should be loads of people playing now. Something needs to be done!

Edited by Wizzrobe

I'd really like to see them merge low pop servers, but it's bad press a few weeks into launch.

I can't do half as much pvp as I'd like to and there's very little ops/fps going on,

because players are missing left and right.

No way I'm rerolling, so if queues get any longer I'll probably have to cancel, which would

suck, because I really like the game so far :/

Even though I've had nothing but a great time so far on the server I was on. Today I just had to make the choice to move to a more populated server. For 2 hours today I was on Quesh, and 90% of that time it said Quesh=1 . And our Fleet at max I've seen is 22 people.

So later tonight when I made my new toon, I sat on watched the chat for 20 min non stop, then I thought to myself , WOW, that more chat in 20 min then I seen total in 40 levels on my old server, lol.

Well I had a great time there, I learned a lot. But I think I'll enjoy myself more with the move.

Back to playing !

8 people isn't very many people. It's the size of a *regular* group in City of Heroes, and only three more than a WoW group. If you want to do an Operation, just start recruiting for one; it's not a logistical nightmare to have an 8-person group.

I don't do very much PvE, but to my knowledge there is 4 ops groups on rep side on my server,

not all of them running regularly. I'm a backup tank for two of them, because they struggle to find enough people.

Right now we just barely have enough but, sadly, the numbers are dropping.

It seems so unnecessary, when we could just merge with another low pop server

and not spend forever trying to find that last guy for a hm flashpoint.

Sorry for the OP, that sounds awful. I am not sure why people are arguing about this, when was the last time you looked at server status and saw even ONE full server? I wondered why they added so many flipping servers a week in, didn't think it would end well.

This happened to me way back when in SWG and I had to re roll. Fortunately I realized in a only a few days I was in trouble and hadn't invested alot of time/met alot of friends yet. At launch of swtor our server had crazy ques & my friend suggested we move. I said no, we dont want to be all alone when the rush dies down. As a new gamer he would definitely be in the same situation you are, doing the right thing then being bored silly.

OP, while I agree something should be done I doubt it will. You should heavily consider rerolling now before you get to far.

Sorry for the OP, that sounds awful. I am not sure why people are arguing about this, when was the last time you looked at server status and saw even ONE full server? I wondered why they added so many flipping servers a week in, didn't think it would end well.

This happened to me way back when in SWG and I had to re roll. Fortunately I realized in a only a few days I was in trouble and hadn't invested alot of time/met alot of friends yet. At launch of swtor our server had crazy ques & my friend suggested we move. I said no, we dont want to be all alone when the rush dies down. As a new gamer he would definitely be in the same situation you are, doing the right thing then being bored silly.

OP, while I agree something should be done I doubt it will. You should heavily consider rerolling now before you get to far.

Yes I think I am coming to that conclusion as well, which is a shame because I really do not feel like leveling all of my crew skills again. I like my characters, and the few people I've met have been great people as well.

Also, when I convinced a few RL friends to give the game a chance I told them to roll on my server (back when it was more populated). I don't know if they will want to move with me or not.

I am not sure why people are arguing about this, when was the last time you looked at server status and saw even ONE full server?

Yesterday at around 10:00 pm tomb of freedon nadd was full. I'm pretty sure I saw a couple more full servers. And more than half of the total eu servers were either heavy or very heavy with not a single one light.

I really dont understand peoples aversion to this happening.

My server (Kellian Jarro) was marked 'Very Heavy' when I rolled on it, now its marked as 'Standard' and every night there are barely 50-70 (with less than half being lvl 50) people on the fleet on any given night making getting pugs (especialy geared ones) very hard to come by.

I cant vouch for the imperial situation but given that I was in at least 2 Rep vs Rep huttballs the other day I'm betting its not great...

Server merges would mean that everybody across the board would get more people to play with, more pugs, more ops runs and more pvp.

The whole 'Server merges??? zomg that meanz game iz dying lol' is pointless hyperbole, especially when Bioware clearly launched with way more servers than was required which needlessly diluted the population on a good number of servers.

Asking people to reroll to other servers does not solve the root cause of the problem and frankly comes off as a tad disingenuous.

People can become very attached to their characters and many will simply quit rather than re-roll or wait for what could be years for the problem to right itself.

Bioware created this situation, and I dont doubt for a second they are aware of the issue, but their continued stance of saying/doing nothing about it is concerning to say the least and they would be far better off to just hold their hands up and take the stock price hit in the short term in order to massively improve the social experience of a large section of their player base ad hopefully kep their user retention higher than it will be in the current environment.

First let me say, I am fortunate enough to play on ven zallow so during the times

I can play after work everything is packed with 100+ usually (not always). The talk of server merger is a good thing, but it's far too early for that. The second that this would happen, the forums will set ablaze with "sick of server ques I quit" or "too many noobs now" etc... Basically the community is never satisfied. So it's not a fix all. My suggestion to those who are not enjoying their experience on a less crowded server are: Have you find a nice guild yet? Sometimes meeting some awesome people can make the difference. Big servers don't make things better neccissarily. I prefer the more small time, homey servers usually. Big servers lead to elitists, I'm better than yous, and the my e-peen is bigger. To quote Billy Madison "For the love of God cherish it!"

First let me say, I am fortunate enough to play on ven zallow so during the times

I can play after work everything is packed with 100+ usually (not always). The talk of server merger is a good thing, but it's far too early for that. The second that this would happen, the forums will set ablaze with "sick of server ques I quit" or "too many noobs now" etc... Basically the community is never satisfied. So it's not a fix all. My suggestion to those who are not enjoying their experience on a less crowded server are: Have you find a nice guild yet? Sometimes meeting some awesome people can make the difference. Big servers don't make things better neccissarily. I prefer the more small time, homey servers usually. Big servers lead to elitists, I'm better than yous, and the my e-peen is bigger. To quote Billy Madison "For the love of God cherish it!"

I don't think you understand just how low a population my server is. I'm not talking about combining two 'heavy' servers into a 'full' server, I'm talking about joining my server which barely has 20 people in the fleet during primetime to another server which may have 80 or so people to make 1 'standard' server.

It is one thing for a server to be 'homey', but a completely different thing when it is practically empty.