Tracer missile

dysann

They cant just reduce damage that would affect pve. Unless ofc commandos are doing too much dps in ops right now but without logs we dont know that.

And i agree with you on the rotation. I wouldnt mind something more engaging :).

I would bet there are plenty of mercs out there who would like a more engaging rotation. Personally I find the BH/Commando rotation sickening.

I, as a focus Guardian have a longer more variable rotation:

pop relics/adrenals <Optional>

Saber throw (30/20m)(Only if youre at the right range)

Force leap/Zealous Leap (30/20m + 10m)

Sundering Strike (4m)

Force Exhaustion/Force Stasis (10m)

Force Sweep (5m)

Not to mention its harder to remain facing your target at close range, 5m range on my big hitting finisher is only 5m and anyone with a knockback can time it and ruin your day.

BH Rotation:

Tracer missile (30m)

Tracer missile (30m)

Tracer missile (30m)

Heat Seeker (30m)

It really is, low skill, high reward like no other class in game. Like I said earlier m8, they either need to make the rotation harder or reduce the overall damage.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would bet there are plenty of mercs out there who would like a more engaging rotation. Personally I find the BH/Commando rotation sickening.

Sundering Strike (4m)

Force Sweep (5m)

Not to mention its harder to remain facing your target at close range, 5m range on my big hitting finisher is only 5m and anyone with a knockback can time it and ruin your day.

BH Rotation:

Tracer missile (30m)

Tracer missile (30m)

Tracer missile (30m)

Heat Seeker (30m)

It really is, low skill, high reward like no other class in game. Like I said earlier m8, they either need to make the rotation harder or reduce the overall damage.

Chain Lightning (30m)

Lightning Strike (30m)

Shock (30m)

Chain Lightning (30m)

Crushing Darkness (30m)

Chain Lightning (30m)

Lightning Strike (30m)

Chain Lightning (30m)

Crushing Darkness (30m)

Low Skill, needs nerfed too!

Unload and Rail shot and Explosive Dart takes a place in mercs "dps" rotation.

So it's:

1. Tarcert Missile

2. Heatseeker missile

4. Unload

5. Rail shot

6. Explosive Dart

7. Fusion Missile.

8. some random Rocket Punches from the bottom of my heart (just love them)!

Why do you think using 8 damage skills it's too simple? :\

My sorc is only doing affliction-force lightning-chain on procs and shocks, much less skills to do horrific unmitigated damage.

PS i even think that using only force lightning and chain on prcos will be suffcicient to top damage done on any WZ, more like 80% of damage come from this same as just using Tracert Missile and Heatseeker.

That entire rotation can be done with one finger, and that 1 finger could easily kill an opponent. If your opponent is within 30m range you dont even need to move your camer most of the time.

Too easy m8, and I'm sure you know it ;)

That entire rotation can be done with one finger, and that 1 finger could easily kill an opponent. If your opponent is within 30m range you dont even need to move your camer most of the time.

Too easy m8, and I'm sure you know it ;)

The entire rotation can be interrupted with one finger.

Sundering Strike (4m)

Force Sweep (5m)

BH Rotation:

Tracer missile (30m)

Tracer missile (30m)

Tracer missile (30m)

Heat Seeker (30m)

Not to start a flamewar or anything but if im using 4 skills and youre using 5 we could both use a more engagin rotation :).

Don't worry, Mercs and Commandos will be nerfed next.

They do too much damage and have too little mobility. They will have the same changes that Hunters had in WoW with Aspect of the Fox. Basically, I for see a change to Grav/Tracer to lower damage but being able to cast on the run. Either that or lower the damage on Grav/Tracer and give a talent similar to ele shamans that allows movement while casting all abilities for x seconds.

In duels, I destroy Commandos because I can kite/los them to death while dotting them up and nuking at opportune times.

Group PvP is more complicated as a healer because other people need heals so you can't los the entire fight.

Edited by Nocadoj

Well the rotation varies depending on range, we dont have a 30m margin for error ;)

Your a Tank, you have taunts/Guard/Skills to Close the Gap/Snares/Roots.

You can use your taunts on people attacking others to lower there damage by 30%, you can additionally guard a player and reduce his damage recieved.

Mercenery and Commando DO NOT HAVE AN INTERRUPT/Snare/Root/Knockdowns, they cannot STOP you from getting away.

Edited by Daecollo

Your a Tank, you have taunts/Guard/Skills to Close the Gap.

You can use your taunts on people attacking others to lower there damage by 30%.

Mercenery and Commando DO NOT HAVE AN INTERRUPT/Snare/Root/Knockdowns, they cannot STOP you from getting away.

I'm not a tank at all and regardless of roots etc you have a 30m margin for error lol. Oh and theres something called cryo grenade (And its BH counterpart) so you can stop people from escaping....

I'm not a tank at all and regardless of roots etc you have a 30m margin for error lol. Oh and theres something called cryo grenade (And its BH counterpart) so you can stop people from escaping....

Thats a Stun, And it has a long cooldown.

Cyro Grenade is USED for US getting away, and it has half the cooldown as a get out of jail free card.

Edited by Daecollo

Same here. They stand there "OMG wat do?!?!" And then they are dead...

Its not a OMG WAT DO??!?!?! moment. Its a 'Why isn't my ability working, oh I was interrupted' moment. The game does not do a good job of conveying when you are interrupted, and its very hard to see the cooldown on the bars.

(Meanwhile in WoW, when you you couldn't cast something you'd have an auditory queue "That ability isn't ready yet" "I can't cast that!" "Not ready!" or whatever)

Edited by Parrothead

Thats a Stun, And it has a long cooldown.

Cyro Grenade is USED for US getting away.

My stun has a long cooldown, and I cant move while I use it.

My mezz has a long cooldown and breaks on damage.

Cryo grenade can be used if you want to finish an opponent off, thats your choice.

My stun has a long cooldown, and I cant move while I use it.

My mezz has a long cooldown and breaks on damage.

Cryo grenade can be used if you want to finish an opponent off, thats your choice.

You have tools to CLOSE The fight, Mercenery/Commando do not.

I would not waste my time chasing someone down, I would rather switch targets and keep my enemy pinned, Cyro is mostly for myself and saved at the right time so I don't die.

You don't understand commandos role very well, they are not mobile, they don't move fast, they have to stand and fight, they don't have snares or roots or knockdowns or intterrupts, they don't have taunts.

They have a Knockback on a long cooldown.

They have a Stun on a long cooldown.

Thats it.

Edited by Daecollo

Don't worry, Mercs and Commandos will be nerfed next.

They do too much damage and have too little mobility. They will have the same changes that Hunters had in WoW with Aspect of the Fox. Basically, I for see a change to Grav/Tracer to lower damage but being able to cast on the run. Either that or lower the damage on Grav/Tracer and give a talent similar to ele shamans that allows movement while casting all abilities for x seconds.

In duels, I destroy Commandos because I can kite/los them to death while dotting them up and nuking at opportune times.

Group PvP is more complicated as a healer because other people need heals so you can't los the entire fight.

Many would welcome that change unfortunately its a pure pvp change :). Bioware gief logs already will ya so we can see where were at :).

I would much rather have tracer round/grav missile (as I call them) deal less damage and be able to cast on the run than the current LOL TURRET style of play that we're forced to do. Oh, and the other dps tree is absolutely terrible, so we're pretty much forced to spam grav tracer round missile.

Maybe make it a stance/ammo type?

Edited by Parrothead

The entire rotation can be interrupted with one finger.

The point a lot of people are missing here is that if Tracer Missile gets interupted Power Shot is open. Power shot doesn't give the debuff required to make Heat Seaker stronger, however it does cost the same as Tracer Missile and it hits harder, so if your Tracer missile gets interrupted used Power Shot. That's my exprience and my 2 cents.

$1,000,000.00 says tracer missle still gets nerfed inspsite of the plea's by the it's users saying how much they need it for setting up this or setting up that.

You know why? Because it's LOLOP like a mother....that's why. It's one button easy mode spam and will be changed. You're kidding yourself if you don't think it's gonna get nerfed.

I do find it amusing that the same folks who were cryingn op/scoundrel nerf was needed are now relentlessly defending their own easy buttons.

Mindless tacer spam is in every single WZ I join. There is ALWAYS(and I certainly do mean always) someone standing off to the side doing nothing but tracer missle spam for the entire match. Wonder why....:rolleyes:

You have tools to CLOSE The fight, Mercenery/Commando do not.

I would not waste my time chasing someone down, I would rather switch targets and keep my enemy pinned, Cyro is mostly for myself and saved at the right time so I don't die.

You don't understand commandos role very well, they are not mobile, they don't move fast, they have to stand and fight, they don't have snares or roots or knockdowns or intterrupts, they don't have taunts.

They have a Knockback on a long cooldown.

They have a Stun on a long cooldown.

Thats it.

A good commando/merc can stay in range of his target without too much trouble, like any class, its not hard to cover 10/15 meters.

We have our gap closers because we have no ranged damage, so we have to be within 4m most of the time. It doesnt matter if your target is at 29m or 2m, you still do the same damage, so you have much greater flexibility in open combat. You still have your shield to negate damage, you still have a stun, you still have a knockback.

You seem to think our gap closers are on a 5 second CD or something. Which theyre not.

$1,000,000.00 says tracer missle still gets nerfed inspsite of the plea's by the it's users saying how much they need it for setting up this or setting up that.

You know why? Because it's LOLOP like a mother....that's why. It's one button easy mode spam and will be changed. You're kidding yourself if you don't think it's gonna get nerfed.

I do find it amusing that the same folks who were cryingn op/scoundrel nerf was needed are now relentlessly defending their own easy buttons.

Mindless tacer spam is in every single WZ I join. There is ALWAYS(and I certainly do mean always) someone standing off to the side doing nothing but tracer missle spam for the entire match. Wonder why....:rolleyes:

Because like you, they're morons.

tracer missile isn't overpowered, if you let any dps attack you while doing nothing you can and will die, only bad mercs spam tracer missile, and only bad players are killed by people spamming tracer missile.

Anyone who uses tracer missile or grav round is a 100% free kill every single time.

Give tracer missile or grave round a minimum distance it has to be to fire, problem solved.

Edited by Meiu

I would much rather have tracer round/grav missile (as I call them) deal less damage and be able to cast on the run than the current LOL TURRET style of play that we're forced to do. Oh, and the other dps tree is absolutely terrible, so we're pretty much forced to spam grav tracer round missile.

Maybe make it a stance/ammo type?

Actually, the other tree is arguably better for PvP purposes.