UNOFFICAL welcome , and waiting for invite thread

Alberone

I thought that was the idea of the weekend testing. To get a decent idea as to how much the servers can handle. Maybe they're not just looking at server population, but other factors as well. Such as how quickly people are finishing the start zones. With as much info as we've been getting, anything is possible.

They got close to a million pre-orders. They really just don't want people to flood the game and crash it.

We can wait and get in eventually, or not wait and crash the game and end up having to wait anyways.

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

they will likely have it all done before Wednesday at 6pm im guessing im just hoping the invites are random that way everyone has a equal chance

= )

don't get mad if you don't get in today it would be nice though !!!!!

bioware try your best to get everyone in we are just as excited as you are

= ) so far im happy

The invites aren't going to be random. The earlier you preordered the earlier you will get in to early game access. They have been saying that forever now. We are all,in effect, waiting in a very long line that people started queuing in July 21st. :)

That aside, I didn't get my code in until 8/27. Preordered the CE from Gamestop on July 25th but every code they gave me for over a month said it had already been used when I entered it. I went back to the store 6 times in 4 weeks. For this reason, I hate Gamestop. :)

The invites aren't going to be random. The earlier you preordered the earlier you will get in to early game access. They have been saying that forever now. We are all,in effect, waiting in a very long line that people started queuing in July 21st. :)

That aside, I didn't get my code in until 8/27. Preordered the CE from Gamestop on July 25th but every code they gave me for over a month said it had already been used when I entered it. I went back to the store 6 times in 4 weeks. For this reason, I hate Gamestop. :)

yeah, that's the main reason I'm happy I got the DDE right now. At least Origin didn't screw me over on the pre-order code like some of the retailers did.

Not overly fond of origin, but that's something in their favor anyway.

would complain to their headoffice, some member of staff is obviously using them maybe

? :confused:

The third wave of Early Game Access emails have been sent, one more to go!

makes me concerned i havent received mine yet on a 22nd preorder

It's not when you preordered, it's when you entered your code on the site.

Bioware has no other way of knowing when you preordered, because they don't have direct access to the retailers' databases. You can check on the site under 'code redemption'.

I may also suggest trying to log in: Restart your launcher if you haven't done. Things happen to e-mails.

I feel so stupid now, I preordered on the 7/21 but I didn't check the bottom of the email with my preorder code until I got an email that told me to register the preorder. I didn't register til Sept 7th. I don't have high hopes for getting in today, or probably even tomorrow. I'll be happy if I do, though!

would complain to their headoffice, some member of staff is obviously using them maybe

? :confused:

Yeah, I tried complaining back in August but, of course, they blamed it on Bioware. You are probably right though, some idiot employee(s) giving codes out to his friends.

I am down I probably won't get in today since they only have 4 waves planned and it looks like they are only up to the 23rd of July atm but something tells me I will tommorow. It is going to be a VERY VERY long 24 hours though! ><

And nothing, I mean nothing, is holding my attention today that isn't SW:TOR related. This is like torture lol. I feel like a child at Christmas who can see their large pile of X-mas gifts in the other room but Mom & Dad want a big family breakfast before opening presents.

On a side note, I think once I am done my coffee I will clean and organize my computer desk to kill some time. LOL WAITING STINKS!

Yeah, I tried complaining back in August but, of course, they blamed it on Bioware. You are probably right though, some idiot employee(s) giving codes out to his friends.

I am down I probably won't get in today since they only have 4 waves planned and it looks like they are only up to the 23rd of July atm but something tells me I will tommorow. It is going to be a VERY VERY long 24 hours though! ><

And nothing, I mean nothing, is holding my attention today that isn't SW:TOR related. This is like torture lol. I feel like a child at Christmas who can see their large pile of X-mas gifts in the other room but Mom & Dad want a big family breakfast before opening presents.

On a side note, I think once I am done my coffee I will clean and organize my computer desk to kill some time. LOL WAITING STINKS!

Well, BF3 Back to Karkand Mappack came out today... that could tie up some time. I know it will for me. But I still think this whole thing is Bull$)#%. Its a horrible move for publicity imo.

yeah the 22nd is when i entered my code i actually preordered on the 21st but gamestop failed on printing it on my receipt

*edit* and just checked launcher still nothing yet.

double check the date in code redemption in account management. Mine says 7/23, but I know it wasn't any later than maybe 1:19AM at the latest.

There were only four waves planned for today, but from what Stephen Reid has said I doubt that'll be all there is today.

I have to agree with this. There is no reason for them to stop at four waves. No way their servers can't hold more than 3 days of pre-order people.

Well, BF3 Back to Karkand Mappack came out today... that could tie up some time. I know it will for me. But I still think this whole thing is Bull$)#%. Its a horrible move for publicity imo.

This is a REALLY strange way of doing a head start program that is for sure! Wait for an email that you can play? Has anyone ever played a game that did it this way?

Really wish they stuck to the original plan of sending you an email with some advance warning even though I do get why they decided to change that. Still a bizarre way to do this....

this is whats on my account page under code redemption:

11.02.2011 Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Early Game Access: Ready to patch

07.22.2011 Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Collector's Edition Pre-Order

*edit* had to be close to 10:30 am when i entered it because i was at gamestop the minute the opened then came straight home and its about 2 blocks away.

Edited by Hareal

Ordered CE, 07.28

Can I go to sleep now?

Or further destroy myself with caffeine and wait for a golden email?

You and I are in the same boat. They're scheduled to only do one more wave, so I'd think you would be good to go to bed, but who knows. It's still early in the day. It's not even 1pm where I am and I'm an hour ahead of EST. So who really knows. I would though. Maybe when you wake up your email will be waiting for you.

You and I are in the same boat. They're scheduled to only do one more wave, so I'd think you would be good to go to bed, but who knows. It's still early in the day. It's not even 1pm where I am and I'm an hour ahead of EST. So who really knows. I would though. Maybe when you wake up your email will be waiting for you.

/agreed. If I could sleep I would. I have had 2 cups of coffee and slept for 7 hours last night so there is no way I'd be able to sleep. Just wish I had something fun to do while I waited. I have ZERO desire to play any other game, can't concentrate enough to read a book, and don't have the patience atm to start watching movies. Boo. :(